• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIssac

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Thank you, Congrats as well
I have to wait a bit longer for my interview and medical because of criminal record and credit history but i expected it lol
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
SMG said:
When you are Merit Listed, it means you've been put on the list they use when they call for job offers. They pick off of that list when they call people.
I believe March 18 is the day job offers go out.

Partially correct.  If you are applying to the CF as an MP (NCM) or MPO (Offr), then provided you meet all the requirements at your local CFRC, you will be Merit Listed but not necessarily for a job offer.  The Merit Listing of MP and MPO applicants is used for "selecting" applicants to attend the MPAC or MPOAC, which is normally the last stage to be completed.
 

cwatson91

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Thanks for that post DAA, I was aware of the MPAC but didn't fully understand it. By any chance do you know if they will be making calls for the MPAC? Perhaps in March when calls for offers are supposed to given.
 

SMG III

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
DAA said:
Partially correct.  If you are applying to the CF as an MP (NCM) or MPO (Offr), then provided you meet all the requirements at your local CFRC, you will be Merit Listed but not necessarily for a job offer.  The Merit Listing of MP and MPO applicants is used for "selecting" applicants to attend the MPAC or MPOAC, which is normally the last stage to be completed.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know that.

Just trying to help! Interesting..
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
SMG said:
Oh, sorry, I didn't know that.

Just trying to help! Interesting..

Don't let that stop you.  You are usually pretty good with your answers.    :)
 

DeadEye229

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
if i get merrit listed this month for infantry would i have a good chance to be selected for march selections?
 

Rohandro

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
-UPDATE-

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Applied: Aug 02, 2013
First contact: Sept 04, 2013
Dropped off security forms to CFRC: Sept 07, 2013
CFAT: Oct 22,2013 (Passed)
Medical: Nov 04, 2013
Interview: Nov 13, 2013
Merit Listed: Feb 6, 2014
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

Finally I spoke to my MCC and she realized that she messed up my file and I was merit listed that day, I'd like to thank DAA for all his help and advice now I just gotta wait for the selections :D
 

SMG III

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
DeadEye229 said:
if i get merrit listed this month for infantry would i have a good chance to be selected for march selections?

You'll have as good a chance as anyone for being selected.

Gotta wait and see! Good luck!
 

KerryBlue

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
So, was given confirmation that my RMCC suitability came back and because of my laziness in gr.11 math I am unsuitable. So back to NCM I go

Recruting Center: Ottawa via Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Eng
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: April 2013(Online)
First Contact: September 06,2013
File Transfer From Toronto: Oct, 1, 2013
CFAT completed : October 22nd, 2013(PASSED)
Accademic Suitability: Unsuitable for ROTP
Interview completed: Awaiting.....
Medical Completed:Awaiting....
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:
 

D_A87

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I was just merit listed today! All I can do is wait now.



Recruting Center: London
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: AVS Tech
Trade Choice 2: AVN Tech
Trade Choice 3: ACS Tech
Application Date: August 9, 2013
First Contact: Augst 27, 2013
CFAT completed : October 8, 2013
Interview completed: January 15, 2014
Medical completed: January 15, 2014
Medical cleared: January 29, 2014
Merit Listed: February 10, 2014
Position Offered: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
cwatson91 said:
Thanks for that post DAA, I was aware of the MPAC but didn't fully understand it. By any chance do you know if they will be making calls for the MPAC? Perhaps in March when calls for offers are supposed to given.

Calls may have already gone out, as I think MPAC is fast approaching within the next few weeks.

Rohandro said:
-UPDATE-
Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Interview: Nov 13, 2013
Merit Listed: Feb 6, 2014
Finally I spoke to my MCC and she realized that she messed up my file and I was merit listed that day.

That's probably the longest 86 days of your life that you'll never get back.    :facepalm:
 

Delaney1986

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I guess I could update this now....I can't remember exact dates, I got a new phone so all my appointment dates are gone, but it still can give an example for processing I hope:

Recruting Center: Fredericton, NB
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Element: Land
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3
Application Date: March, 2013
CFAT completed : Wow...2007 or 2008 I believe...a long time ago, lol
Interview completed: September/October, 2013
Medical completed: September/October, 2013
Medical cleared: September/October, 2013
MPAC Completed: November, 2013
Merit Listed: January 2014
Position Offered: February, 2014
Basic Training Begins: March 10th, 2014

Good Luck to everyone else out there!
 

D_A87

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Delaney1986 said:
I guess I could update this now....I can't remember exact dates, I got a new phone so all my appointment dates are gone, but it still can give an example for processing I hope:

Recruting Center: Fredericton, NB
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Element: Land
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3
Application Date: March, 2013
CFAT completed : Wow...2007 or 2008 I believe...a long time ago, lol
Interview completed: September/October, 2013
Medical completed: September/October, 2013
Medical cleared: September/October, 2013
MPAC Completed: November, 2013
Merit Listed: January 2014
Position Offered: February, 2014
Basic Training Begins: March 10th, 2014

Good Luck to everyone else out there!

Congrats! I am hoping to make it to an early March Basic as well.
 

Mab163

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
- UPDATE -

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2 & 3 : None
Application Date: August 20, 2013
First Contact: September 9, 2013
Second Contact: November 20, 2013: visit to RC to complete paperwork
Aptitude Test: January 2006
Interview: February 6, 2014
Medical: June 2013
ACS: Waiting dates confirmation... hope to hear something this week!
Merit Listed: X
Position Offered: X
Enrollment/Swear in: X
Basic Training Begins: X
 

DeadEye229

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
UPDATE

Recruting Center: London, ON
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3
Application Date: august, 2013
CFAT completed : October 1st, 2013 (passed)
Medical completed: December 14, 2013
Medical cleared: December, 2013
Interview: Feb 24th, 2014
Merit Listed: Waiting
Position Offered: Waiting
Basic Training Begins: Waiting

Would I most likely make it into BMQ by march selections?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top