• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seize the same thing has happened to me but no point getting angry about it, I see people getting everything done way before I have even completed my CFAT but there is no point getting angry.
I have been in the process for nearly a year now and just now doing the CFAT in a couple weeks, just try contacting your recruiter for me the reason it took longer is I was applying for Reserves and not really high priority trades, I just recently switched to Reg Force and changed some of my trades (some trades going to be changed after the CFAT likely) so everyone's applications are different.

Also just so you know, you do list your credentials when you bring your security forms during the CFAT along with a resume, the more experience for your type of trade the better ranking on Merit Listing.

Seize said:
WOOOWWW this is straight up BULLsh%$ I applied before you and you got through all that already? I haven't even gotten my CFAT DATE YET and i applied for the same position as you in the same city as reserve unit!!!! WTF????????

Perhaps your attitude is what is holding you back!

@matthew he applied to reserves infantry in toronto, as did i. we both applied for infantry. is that what u mean by 'unit' if you're talking about unit as in queens own rifle's etc. i did not even know i had already applied for the unit, i thought that comes at a later date...?

Man, why do I keep looking at Recruiting threads......  :brickwall:

Seize said:
@matthew he applied to reserves infantry in toronto, as did i. we both applied for infantry. is that what u mean by 'unit' if you're talking about unit as in queens own rifle's etc. i did not even know i had already applied for the unit, i thought that comes at a later date...?

ppl who keep saying my attitude this, and my attitude that.. i have good reason to be pissed, my attitude is justified.

Seize, my knowledge of Reserve recruiting is neither broad nor current -- I was posted to TO as a "Reg Force Guy."  I recall there being FIVE Infantry 'Regiments' between Scarborough and Hamilton.  Based on Pandora's profile (readily available for those who wish to read), he applied to The Lorne Scots;  I gather you applied to the Queen's Own Rifles.

Higher HQ assigns recruiting quotas to each unit.  I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the Lorne Scots had recruit space available but the QOR did not.

Cam2013 and Goose15 may be right; it's not a personal conspiracy, and your attitude is not justified.  You may want to take a deep breath -- if you're hyper-sensitive and pre-disposed to believe the world is out to get you, the CAF may not be the right place for you.

Recruiting Center: Ottawa, ON
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: January 10th, 2014
First Contact: January 14th, 2014
CFAT: March 4th, 2014
Medical : TBD
Interview: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Basic Training: TBD

I suppose my application phase seems to be going faster than some others have. When I was first notified to book my CFAT I tried calling CFRC Ottawa a few times but was not able to get through to anyone. After a week of unsuccessful attempts at phone contact I decided that enough was enough and went down to the centre to book my appointment in person. It was there that I was greeted by a friendly corporal who was more then happy to help me out with booking my test. I would advise anyone that's having issues with their applications, particularly booking appointments, to arrange to go down to their local CFRC ASAP. It sure worked for me.

Seize said:

ppl who keep saying my attitude this, and my attitude that.. i have good reason to be pissed, my attitude is justified.

Now that we have got that out of our system, here are my comments, so pay close attention.

If you did in fact apply online for Infantryman (NCM) Reserve Force, you MUST contact a local Reserve Force Unit in your area.  If you haven't contacted a local Reserve Force Unit, then your local CFRC will NOT start any of your processing.  Your local CFRC will ONLY initiate processing of Reserve Force applications once requested to do so by a local Reserve Force Unit.

Here is the statement right from the forces.ca website under "Apply Now";  "Step 1" --->  "*** If you are interested in joining the Reserves, your first step is to contact one of your local Reserve units to find out which positions are available. They will work with you to identify a job, fill in all the required application forms, and advise you through the process."

So in both "application terms" and also in "military terms",  you're out of step!

@DAA
thank you. and thanks for keeping judgements out of this. and it's a shame the 10+ times i called cf recruiters none of them mentioned this to me.

Seize said:
@DAA
thank you. and thanks for keeping judgements out of this. and it's a shame the 10+ times i called cf recruiters none of them mentioned this to me.

Doesn't surprise me in the least bit. 

You need to find a local Reserve Unit that interests you.  If you want, I will PM you the contact info for one of the Brigade Recruiters in Toronto who works out of the Armouries on Sheppard Ave.  I am sure he will be able to point you in the right direction and get things going for you.    Just let me know!

If you want to do a bit of background work, here is the link ---->  http://www.forces.ca/en/centres/findarecruiter-110

Enter your postal code.  It will show you the "Regular Force Recruiting Centre" but there are "tabs" which will then show you all the different Reserve Units close to you.

Good luck!

The only thing you can do is wait. Being pissed off over not getting processed as fast as others wont make it happen any sooner. Waiting is key. I've waited at least 4 months until I got an email from the CFRC London telling me to bring in all my sheets etc. The waiting paid off cuz as soon as I handed in my forms I got booked for my CFAT in October and passed, I then waited another month to book my medical which was in November and now i have my final interview on Feb 24th. The process is all about patience, everything will be worth the wait.

UPDATE:

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Officer/NCM: Officer - DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: -
Trade Choice 3: -
Application Date: 2014-01-10
First Contact: 2014-01-14 (via email)
Documentation Submitted: 2014-01-20
Aptitude Test: 2012-02-22 (Already completed from previous application.)
Personality Questionnaire: 2014-02-07
Medical: 2014-02-11
Interview: 2014-02-13
Aircrew Selection:
Pilot Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMOQ Begins:

*Expected graduation date from University: December 2014

Hello to everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am seeking any info that may help. I'm applying for MP and on 4 Feb I received  an email (from my file manager) stating that I am "currently being merit listed". What does this mean? Should I remain patient and wait until mid March? Or shall I go to the CFRC and ask if there is anything hindering my file?

Thank you in advance

P.s. this forum has provided good info that has been helpful and congrats to those who have received an offer, best of luck!

cwatson91 said:
Hello to everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am seeking any info that may help. I'm applying for MP and on 4 Feb I received  an email (from my file manager) stating that I am "currently being merit listed". What does this mean? Should I remain patient and wait until mid March? Or shall I go to the CFRC and ask if there is anything hindering my file?

Thank you in advance

P.s. this forum has provided good info that has been helpful and congrats to those who have received an offer, best of luck!

When you are Merit Listed, it means you've been put on the list they use when they call for job offers. They pick off of that list when they call people.

I believe March 18 is the day job offers go out.

Thank you for the clarification SMG. Another question if the green hiring label has been removed from the occupation on Forces.ca does that mean that the CF has stopped hiring for that occupation? When I had applied hiring was listed beside the MP trade however it has since been removed... any knowledge on this subject? I have been in the application process for over a year and I am trying to gain more knowledge about how hiring in the CF works. All the successful updates on this forum has me excited and was hoping that it may be my time soon.

Thanks 

From my little experience, and from what others have said, the page can't be 100% trusted. It's really only as good as whoever updates it.

I don't recommend using it as solid information.

All you can do is wait now really. Congrats on finishing your application!

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the honesty

And yes.... Hurry up and wait!

One thing I learned though, is to go in and check you're Merit Listed, say in a week or so.

Just to double check, plus while there you can ask if there is anything you missed.

Both things worked better for me. Then await the call.

Just curious when did you apply?

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to do that. I applied 26 January 2013 and then I failed my CFAT for MPO (the CF practice test was quite misleading) and then in October 2013 I seen that MP trade was hiring so I changed my trade to MP (MP was my original first pick however because I have my degree the recruiting officer convinced me to go MPO). Early December I had my interview.

Passed CFAT this morning - If anyone needs links to good practice tests online i can provide

I was also there in the morning for my CFAT. Congrats on passing. Hopefully things move along well.

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Hamilton
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: MARS Officer
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace Control Officer
Application Date (Online): May 2013
First Contact: June 2013
Second Contact: Jan 2014
CFAT: Feb 08 2014 (Passed)
Medical: March 24 2014
Interview: March 24 2014