• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAA said:
Fire Fighter is OPEN.  However, the entry requirements are pretty strict..........and it is pretty much a given, that if you don't meet the "ideal" requirements, you won't get an offer.

Ideal Academics - High School Diploma (or Sec V) with Grade 11 (or Sec IV) Academic Math and one Science (Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science) and formal International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) certified training or equivalent from an accredited institute recognized by the CF Fire Marshall. Experience - Firefighting experience with a recognized municipal fire service or private fire brigade for a minimum of one year.  College or university level credits may be considered in lieu of firefighting experience. A PLAR shall be conducted by CFSTG SSO Standards Branch to determine eligibility. Valid Driver’s license.

Acceptable Academics -  High School Diploma (or Sec V) with Grade 11 (or Sec IV) Academic Math and one Science (Chemistry, Physics, or Physical Science)
No minimum experience required. Valid Driver’s license.

Must of been the science as I only had Earth Science, however everything else was in place as I had grade 12 math and High School Diploma.

Is anyone else dealing with CFRC Oshawa ?  I called almost 2 weeks ago and left a message. They haven't responded to me. I am off Tuesday and plan on going to speak to someone in person but I was hoping they would respond. I don't have an email address for the recruitment Center.

A Captain in the reserves has told me they are going to close the Oshawa RC. I don't know if this will affect our applications or not.

I'm being patient. Hopefully I hear something soon.

Tralax said:
Is anyone else dealing with CFRC Oshawa ?  I called almost 2 weeks ago and left a message. They haven't responded to me. I am off Tuesday and plan on going to speak to someone in person but I was hoping they would respond. I don't have an email address for the recruitment Center.

Try  info.oshawa@forces.gc.ca    If that doesn't work just contact the Toronto Office at  info.toronto@forces.gc.ca  and ask them to forward your query.

Recruting Center: Barrie, ON
Component: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Combat Eng
Trade Choice 2: --
Trade Choice 3: --
Application Date: March 20 2013
First Contact: March 26 2013
Tests:
CFAT- April 16 2013
Interview- May 14 2013
Medical- May 29 2013
Physical- Waiting/Not sure if needing to do testing..
Position Offered: Waiting
Basic Training Begins: Waiting

Barrie has been of a huge help with any questions I have had. Not Sure again if a physical test is always done or not?

Tralax said:

A Captain in the reserves has told me they are going to close the Oshawa RC. I don't know if this will affect our applications or not.

I'm being patient. Hopefully I hear something soon.

I work in Oshawa not at the RC though. As far as I know the RC is still open. Have not heard about it closing as anyone seeking to go Reg force is still currently sent there. I can verify if that rumour is true tomorrow.

combat.lemay said:
Recruting Center: Barrie, ON
Trade Choice 2: --
Trade Choice 3: --
Application Date: March 20 2013
First Contact: March 26 2013
Tests:
CFAT- April 16 2013
Interview- May 14 2013
Medical- May 29 2013
Physical- Waiting/Not sure if needing to do testing..

Barrie has been of a huge help with any questions I have had. Not Sure again if a physical test is always done or not?

no physical test is done for reg force applicants. You get your test when/if you reach BMQ.

Recruting Center: Fredericton,NB
Trade Choice 2: --Artillery
Trade Choice 3: --Infantry
Application Date: March 2013 (cant remember exact date, last week of march)
First Contact: May 14, 2013
CFAT- 2009 sometime when I applied to the Reserves
Medical-June 4th, 2013
Interview-Waiting
Merit List:Waiting

Tralax said:

CFRC Det Oshawa is NOT closing.

Recruiting Centre: Calgary, Alberta
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Armoured Crewman
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: April 20, 2013
Date Application sent to CFRC: May 29, 2013
CFAT Completed :
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Will keep updating as I continue processing. and good luck to all others, patience is key.

Recruiting Centre: Online
Trade 1: Infantry
Trade 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date: February 10 2012
First Contact: March 20th 2012
Medical: February 21 2013
CFAT: February 21 2013
Interview: February 21 2013
Merit Listed: March 25th 2013
Position Offered: May 30th 2013 Infantry
Enrolment: July 5th 2013
Swearing in: July 5th 2013
BMQ: July 8th 2013

I finally got the call. I'm in shock at the moment. Thank you to everyone who has put up with my annoying questions.

Goodeman said:

I finally got the call. I'm in shock at the moment. Thank you to everyone who has put up with my annoying questions.
Congrats

Goodeman said:

GO GET IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :salute:

....I still haven't heard back after that initial call a couple days ago. Weird, but I made sure to email recruiting and explained exactly what happened.

Goodeman said:

Congratulations, all the best!  :cdn:

LOL, not an hour after my last message, I just got the call. I don't have to do the CFAT, so it's straight to the interview and medical! I'm on a couple meds, so we'll see what happens with that. My advice in advance: be honest about your past, but don't screw yourself, either. Be smart.

On the CFLRS site under ceremony dates, the last one listed starts in July ending in October.  Nothing is listed after that.  Will they be adding more courses or is that it for the year?

I ask because the next QL3 for my trade selection starts in January 2014.  If this is the case, I may miss out as my PLAR is taking a long time to complete.

Your thoughts?

Srvn2sv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back