• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruting Center: CFVRC
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2: Training Development
Trade Choice 3: Health Administration
Application Date: January 16 2014
First Contact via email: January 20th 2014
CFAT: February 3, 2014
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
Basic Training: TBD
Swearing In: TBD

Finally got my call for my CFAT.

Just a little advice to those waiting as I am. Don't sit around doing nothing, get a part time job or find something to do with your time. I didn't think I would be waiting this long but my process is starting to pick up in speed. Another word of advice is too go into the recruiting office rather than calling or email. It is way more efficient, also, it gives the recruiters some time to get to know who you are. The fact that they know who I am has actually sped up my file by several months.  Think positive and don't give up! :)

WesMurray said:
Another word of advice is too go into the recruiting office rather than calling or email. It is way more efficient, also, it gives the recruiters some time to get to know who you are. The fact that they know who I am has actually sped up my file by several months.  Think positive and don't give up! :)

That's easy to say if you happen to live near a recruiting centre, which most people probably don't but it is still good advice where possible.  Some people only have the option of calling or emailing, so they should be treated with the same courtesy and responded to in a similar fashion.

Responding to emails can be ignored or delayed, phone calls can even be ignored by not answering the phone and the same goes for responding back to voice mails.  But if the customer actually shows up at your counter/place of business, asking questions and expecting answers, chances are you're going to get them.

It all goes back to the basic concept of "Customer Relations", regardless of the means by which contact is made, each contact should be treated equally.  But of course you will need to deal with the "face to face" encounters first.

Hi everyone, first time posting ever! I applied as  Logistics Officer Jan.16/2014 and have my CFAT test on monday. I think I should
be able to do well on the Verbal/Math parts as I started studying extensively today but spatial gives me problems. I'm hoping
that I'll qualify for LogO and hopefully get my medical/interview completed asap so I can head off to BMQ in April/May.
I know this is an ideal scenario and likely won't happen as I've read posts of people waiting well over a year. Any fellow logistics
officers waiting to get in the air force here or anybody writing the CFAT this monday? Good luck to everybody

Sandhuq said:
Hi everyone, first time posting ever! I applied as  Logistics Officer Jan.16/2014 and have my CFAT test on monday. I think I should
be able to do well on the Verbal/Math parts as I started studying extensively today but spatial gives me problems. I'm hoping
that I'll qualify for LogO and hopefully get my medical/interview completed asap so I can head off to BMQ in April/May.
I know this is an ideal scenario and likely won't happen as I've read posts of people waiting well over a year. Any fellow logistics
officers waiting to get in the air force here or anybody writing the CFAT this monday? Good luck to everybody

All applications are different, same with CFRC's it could take a couple months to a couple of weeks, it really depends on the trades needs. For me its taken some time because of the fact I had to reschedule my CFAT because I wasnt ready, and the recruiting center just started to process 2013-2014 occupations that need applicants, I have my CFAT on the 25th and from what I can tell is after the CFAT and Medical clears its pretty much smooth sailing.

Sandhuq said:
Hi everyone, first time posting ever! I applied as  Logistics Officer Jan.16/2014 and have my CFAT test on monday.

Nice to see you here buddy. Hope to see you in May BMOQ.  :)
the waiting is errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
No idea when the selection will happen.

Updated...

Recruiting Center: Montreal, Qc
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Geo Tech
Trade Choice 2: Comm Res Op
Trade Choice 3: Wpn tech - Land
Application Date (online): Decembre 27th, 2013
Re-applied online, their system didn't receive it the first time around: January 20th, 2014
First Contact: January 22nd, 2014
CFAT Date: already done in 2007 and good to go
Papers dropped at the CFRC: January 28th, 2014
Merit Listed: TBD
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD
Position: TBD

Recruiting Center: Ottawa
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Int O
Trade Choice 2: Int Op
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date (online): October 30th, 2013
First Contact: November 1st (email saying my app had been selected for further processing, very surprised as I had read Int was closed) This is where a bit of a headache started...turns out my current app was combined with a previous app from Saskatchewan and sent there instead of Ottawa...that and they were apparently restructuring the way they handled applications so all in all it took about 3 weeks and well over 400 phone calls to get through after waiting a week after I first got through in order for my Sask app to have permission changed over to the Ottawa Office...(the number given in my further processing email was wrong, and they provided me with a different number to call... No matter what I tried, I just couldn't seem to get through to them..I ended up calling several other numbers listed for the Ottawa office and was told everything was hectic with their changeovers and to keep trying...perseverance prevailed!) 
CFAT Date: December 18, 2013
Merit Listed: TBD
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD
Position: TBD

So, after I wrote my CFAT, I was told I qualified for all trades but that both Int O and Int Op were closed...I was a little confused as to why I was still processed and sent to write my CFAT when my recruiter told me Int is closed this year and the next (and that Int Op needs previous experience anyways), but he gave me a short list of open trades and, after some deliberation over the holidays, I confirmed with my recruiter that I wished to have DEO AEC as my first choice. So on January 9th I was told DEO AEC was put down on my app and that my app would now "carry on"...I emailed again last week after not hearing about my medical or interview dates and did not really get a clear response back from my recruiter, so I think I'll have to call next week and see if there is any progress on the medical and interview front. Getting anxious and excited, but trying to keep positive and focus on improving my overall physical condition for when the time comes!

Good luck GHG! I know, the waiting is rather annoying, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I originally applied back in February of 2013, and so far I have only done my CFAT and part 1 of my medical. I still have to do my physical and interview. Which has been "bottle necked" since I need to bring my debt down a little bit for liability, so soon as March hits, I can have that cleared up and continue processing, but should have an interview before that hopefully, from being told by one of the Captains from the M.C.C.

Again, best of luck, and keep us updated! :D

-Brandonfw

Recruiting Center: Vancouver BC
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Tech
Trade Choice 2: Weapons Tech
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date (online): Feb 2013
First Contact: March 2013
CFAT Date: October 2013
Papers dropped at the CFRC: Mailed off with application
Interview: October 2013
Medical: October 2013
Merit Listed: December 2013
Swear In Ceremony: Feb 19 2014
Basic Training Begins: Feb 22 2014
Position: Vehicle Tech Reg Force

Anyone leaving for the same BMQ as myself? or anyone out of the Okanagan Specifically?

-UPDATE-

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Applied: Aug 02, 2013
First contact: Sept 04, 2013
Dropped off security forms to CFRC: Sept 07, 2013
CFAT: Oct 22,2013 (Passed)
Medical: Nov 04, 2013
Interview: Nov 13, 2013
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

This is really frustrating to swallow but apparently the first time I called to check the man I spoke to was misinformed when he told me that I was merit listed, I called back again today and they told me that my file was still waiting to be reviewed after almost 3 months of completing all of my steps. I feel like they're really busting my balls here with this small thing, would anyone be able to tell me why its taking them this long to even stat reviewing my file?

Rohandro said:
-UPDATE-

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Applied: Aug 02, 2013
First contact: Sept 04, 2013
Dropped off security forms to CFRC: Sept 07, 2013
CFAT: Oct 22,2013 (Passed)
Medical: Nov 04, 2013
Interview: Nov 13, 2013
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

This is really frustrating to swallow but apparently the first time I called to check the man I spoke to was misinformed when he told me that I was merit listed, I called back again today and they told me that my file was still waiting to be reviewed after almost 3 months of completing all of my steps. I feel like they're really busting my balls here with this small thing, would anyone be able to tell me why its taking them this long to even stat reviewing my file?

That's an easy question to answer!  "They forgot........."  That's why I always tell people, once you have your interview, call back in a week or so and just confirm that there is nothing outstanding on your part and confirm that you are in fact Merit Listed.  When they say "All is good, you have been Merit Listed", then call back again in about a week or two and ask the same thing again..........

DAA said:
That's an easy question to answer!  "They forgot........."  That's why I always tell people, once you have your interview, call back in a week or so and just confirm that there is nothing outstanding on your part and confirm that you are in fact Merit Listed.  When they say "All is good, you have been Merit Listed", then call back again in about a week or two and ask the same thing again..........

DAA my friend I have been calling back at least once a week, every week since my interview. I still haven't had any good results with these people, I don't know if they're swamped or just highly disorganized. Personally to me it seems a bit odd to get a persons application steps over with quickly and then take longer to review his application than it took to actually complete it.

Rohandro said:
DAA my friend I have been calling back at least once a week, every week since my interview. I still haven't had any good results with these people, I don't know if they're swamped or just highly disorganized. Personally to me it seems a bit odd to get a persons application steps over with quickly and then take longer to review his application than it took to actually complete it.

After the interview is complete, it shouldn't take more than a few days for them to Merit List you unless the person who gives the "thumbs up" for Merit Listing is away from the office.  If they notice something during the QC, then they should be contacting you right away to resolve any outstanding issues.  The only items that can take an extended amount of time are "Pre-Sec Clearances" and "PLARs".

DAA said:
After the interview is complete, it shouldn't take more than a few days for them to Merit List you unless the person who gives the "thumbs up" for Merit Listing is away from the office.  If they notice something during the QC, then they should be contacting you right away to resolve any outstanding issues.  The only items that can take an extended amount of time are "Pre-Sec Clearances" and "PLARs".

I never had any pre sec, no PLAR, the only thing that took a bit of time was my reference check because one of my references was out of the country. Ive never been contacted for any errors either. So im sitting here thinking theres nothing wrong with my application why wont they merit list me? is it human error or just being lazy? Is there someone I should contact I.E my file manager or the officer who conducted my interview to see whats going on?

Rohandro said:
I never had any pre sec, no PLAR, the only thing that took a bit of time was my reference check because one of my references was out of the country. Ive never been contacted for any errors either. So im sitting here thinking theres nothing wrong with my application why wont they merit list me? is it human error or just being lazy? Is there someone I should contact I.E my file manager or the officer who conducted my interview to see whats going on?

Based on your occupation choices, there was really no harm done, as none of them were hiring at the time you completed your interview and the next round of selections isn't scheduled until mid-Mar, so sit tight.

Your phone call and discussions with your CFRC should have got things rolling again.  Give them until the middle of Feb and then call back and see if they have completed everything.

DAA said:
Based on your occupation choices, there was really no harm done, as none of them were hiring at the time you completed your interview and the next round of selections isn't scheduled until mid-Mar, so sit tight.

Your phone call and discussions with your CFRC should have got things rolling again.  Give them until the middle of Feb and then call back and see if they have completed everything.
Well I hope so, id be very disappointed if they hadn't done anything by then

UPDATE!!!! Got my call today! Got my first choice, Artillery, BMQ to start Feb 24!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Ottawa
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Online Application: 27/11/12
Application To North Bay: 09/12/12
Reapplication: 27/03/13
First Contact: 08/07/13
Dropped off Form: 09/07/13
330-60: 05/08/13
CFAT: 28/08/13
TSD: 28/08/13
Interview: 03/10/13
Medical: 03/10/13
Medical Clearance: 29/11/13
Merit Listed: 09/01/14
Position offered: 03/02/14
Position: Artillery
Swearing in: 18/02/14
BMQ: 24/02/14

SMG said:
UPDATE!!!! Got my call today! Got my first choice, Artillery, BMQ to start Feb 24!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Ottawa
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Online Application: 27/11/12
Application To North Bay: 09/12/12
Reapplication: 27/03/13
First Contact: 08/07/13
Dropped off Form: 09/07/13
330-60: 05/08/13
CFAT: 28/08/13
TSD: 28/08/13
Interview: 03/10/13
Medical: 03/10/13
Medical Clearance: 29/11/13
Merit Listed: 09/01/14
Position offered: 03/02/14
Position: Artillery
Swearing in: 18/02/14
BMQ: 24/02/14

CONGRATS! Haha one day before my CFAT, good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back