• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATIS or AVS

Donaill

Inactive
Reaction score
Being very careful about what I say here so just a few simple questions. Are either ATIS or AVS in the red? Has anyone seen an influx of Navy NET types?

ATIS is full of remusters from the Navy...quite a few from the NET trade.  I know of a few AVN that are ex-NETs as well.  Couldn't give you anything more than anecdotal numbers, though.  I know ATIS is not red, somewhat less sure about AVN but I think the 500 series trades are in good shape.

I can't speak for the actual status of the trade (red etc), but I can't recall any real influx of NET guys hitting AVS. Most of the AVS guys I've worked with are off the street or out of combat arms.  AVN gets lots of stokers, but I've only known one or two AVS out of the navy, and they were ex NWT. 

mr peabody said:
I can't speak for the actual status of the trade (red etc), but I can't recall any real influx of NET guys hitting AVS. Most of the AVS guys I've worked with are off the street or out of combat arms.  AVN gets lots of stokers, but I've only known one or two AVS out of the navy, and they were ex NWT.

Looking at your posting history, I may know the reason why you haven't seen many NETs going AVS.  They tend to migrate away from the coasts and as far away from the Navy as possible!  ;D

The ex-NETs who are now AVS who I know are now working on Hercs or Hornets...

Back