• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

If that was my environment I would be more prepared than less prepared.

Now- it may well be that these are all things that were asked for and pointed out and the boys just made do. That is a realistic situation. “Doing it live” is a real thing. Especially when encountering people who know better in politics.

“We don’t want it to look like an occupation”
“We don’t want to make demographic x upset.
“Everyone in this area loves X”
Personally I think a full investigation is more than warranted as to how and why the Secret Service failed to prevent this.

Personally I think a full investigation is more than warranted as to how and why the Secret Service failed to prevent this.

The response from their female agents appeared to be very unprofessional and they clearly lacked the ability to perform under a stressful situation. There needs to be answers.

I just want to extend a sincere & hearty shout out/thank you to the various SME's taking the time to share what they can share here to help tell the REST of the story, to give context re: how things might (or might not) happen behind the scenes, and to at least help readers know more-solid stuff, reducing the odds of spreading BS/misinformation (often unwittingly) around the rest of the social media universe. Thanks very much for the meaty contribution to the conversation here.

Milnet.ca Staff

Pennsylvania is a state where you have to be affiliated with a party to vote in the primaries. Lots of people register with their anti party in order to dilute the vote. It doesn't matter what you're registered as because you can still vote for someone else. Being a registered Republican or a registered Democrat means nothing really. All it means is you get to vote in the primary. For who, is really your choice once inside the voting booth.
Something often forgotten when media report a perp as a Registered Democrat - thanks for that.

Also to point out the fact that good/bad guy stuff can get confusing there appears to be some local LEO in fuck knows what uniform in the background while PPD is evacuating former President Trump.
IMG_1398.png

Looks like the LEO was the only guy prepared for the event to continue many, many, many hours into night time, hence his NVGs… 👍🏼

View attachment 86599View attachment 86600

Maybe they should use coloured tape like in Ukraine.
Interestingly enough, the "polish jumpsmock" safety vests used to get used at events by rooftop personnel - then it was pointed out that 1) anyone could get those 2) someone could shoot a LEO on a roof and take the vest.

Rooftops and other good vantage points need to be occupied by uniformed LEO's in communication with the TOC/CS personnel.

If that was my environment I would be more prepared than less prepared.

Now- it may well be that these are all things that were asked for and pointed out and the boys just made do. That is a realistic situation. “Doing it live” is a real thing. Especially when encountering people who know better in politics.

“We don’t want it to look like an occupation”
“We don’t want to make demographic x upset.
“Everyone in this area loves X”
I wouldn't want that job, the SAC of those events is never paid enough to try to thread the needle between security, and President visibility.

How do you know this is a USSS issue? Perhaps that area had been swept earlier, and for whatever reason it had been left unattended by non-USSS personnel, who perhaps then the CS team had informed the TOC that there was a suspicious person attempting to access the roof, and it had been relayed that a local LEO was checking the roof?
Honestly the USSS team performed very well - CS took the shooter out, PPD extracted President Trump, and CAT ensured that no secondary attacks would be able to be conducted against the PPD team.
Sure there could have been a better result - and Frm. President Trump wouldn't have been shot, and that no other innocents would have been harmed.
Former fire chief killed at Trump rally hailed as a 'hero,' two more victims identified

The response from their female agents appeared to be very unprofessional and they clearly lacked the ability to perform under a stressful situation. There needs to be answers.
How so? I’ve never been in that job so I’m not sure what insights there are into that. What was it that made them appear unprofessional? What makes it clear they lacked any ability?

How so? I’ve never been in that job so I’m not sure what insights there are into that. What was it that made them appear unprofessional? What makes it clear they lacked any ability?

Watch the videos and judge for yourself.

Guy. These things are dissected to death. There is zero chance they aren’t going to pull this apart, they are pros.

I don’t think they are going to tell you about it though.

Watch the videos and judge for yourself.
I have. And I can’t see anything that leads me to think that.

Like I said. I don’t know much about their procedures. You sound like you might.

Enlighten me. What was unprofessional and lacking ability?

You’re utterly unqualified to assess that, and you’re incorrect. But by all means tell us what you think you see in the videos that renders the female members unqualified for their close protection duties.

What was unprofessional and lacking ability?

One female agent couldn't re-holster her weapon for one. They looked unable to function under stress.

Also, shouldn't agents be larger than the person they are protecting? Trump is what, 6-2/6-3?

I never thought of that, but having local LEO dress the same as the local freedom militia probably isn't helpful.
Or, more accurately, local freedom militia dressed the same as LEO. At least the LEO have a reason to dress like they do.

One female agent couldn't re-holster her weapon for one. They looked unable to function under stress.

Also, shouldn't agents be larger than the person they are protecting? Trump is what, 6-2/6-3?
I don't know how USSS are trained or what their individual roles are in events like this, but all the training, simulators, etc. in the world can't replicate a real live event when the adrenalin is running out your nose. They can only come close.

I don't know how USSS are trained or what their individual roles are in events like this, but all the training, simulators, etc. in the world can't replicate a real live event when the adrenalin is running out your nose. They can only come close.
Also add that this is likely a once in a generation event. I bet there are plenty of agents that joined and retired with nothing coming close to this sort of thing. The agents there were in a real life bullets flying situation that some of them may never (hopefully) have to go through despite preparing for it their whole career.

That’s not an indication of competence. Briefly putting on my training hat as both a firearms instructor and an active shooter instructor- reholstering occurs at the end of the active part of a fight, when you make a decision that you no longer need your gun out. That’s at the peak adrenaline dump in a situation like this. We train people not to worry about or rush to holster- you’re past the key part of the fight at that point. A bit of fumbling is of no significance.

Reholstering involves fine motor skills, and looking off-axis from the areas you’re watching; in this case she was looking to put her gun away - appeared to reconsider - but was still in a space with some potential threat, so her head and eyes were up and scanning. She was also making sure she was in the right place in the protective box (which was super dynamic and fluid), and would have been absolutely hypervigilant watching the close crowd for further threats. She was in position, watching her arcs, and doing her part in the larger team getting the protectee to safety and away after shots had actually been fired. That’s exceptionally stressful.

But you don’t know these things, because you’re chucking shit completely outside of your arcs.

I'm no expert and I have not analyzed the videos in any depth, but from what I hear the ability to function calmly under intense stress is a fairly significant requirement for that sort of job. Anyone getting panicky, or OBE (overcome by events), will be a problem and usually wouldn't make it through the selection/training process, I am guessing.

I don't think the height thing matters.

Re-holstering the pistol should be a natural smooth action acquired over 1000s of reps and should be second nature even under pressure, but maybe the holster position got jostled in the commotion altering it's position somewhat causing the fumble... who knows. Lots of things to dissect on this from any angle.

One observation; I thought they stayed at the podium for quite a long time in the dog pile. Getting off the "x" as fast as possible is paramount in any ambush scenario like this... Not knowing where the effective fire was coming from, I'd envision immediately dragging 45 off stage, by his ankles if need be, and moving as fast as possible to his armored truck. However, I can only imagine certain celebrities have difficult personalities (I need my shoes!) and are probably resistant to the best intentions of the detail to some degree. But I don't know their TTPs or what, if any, other protective means are in place that dictate their actions ... so take this for what its worth.

That’s not an indication of competence. Briefly putting on my training hat as both a firearms instructor and an active shooter instructor- reholstering occurs at the end of the active part of a fight, when you make a decision that you no longer need your gun out. That’s at the peak adrenaline dump in a situation like this. We train people not to worry about or rush to holster- you’re past the key part of the fight at that point.

Reholstering involves fine motor skills, and looking off-axis from the areas you’re watching; in this case she was looking to put her gun away - appeared to reconsider - but was still in a space with some potential threat, so her head and eyes were up and scanning. She was also making sure she was in the right place in the protective box (which was super dynamic and fluid), and would have been absolutely hypervigilant watching the close crowd for further threats. She was in position, watching her arcs, and doing her part in the larger team getting the protectee to safety and away after shots had actually been fired. That’s exceptionally stressful.

But you don’t know these things, because you’re chucking shit completely outside of your arcs.
110%

Reholstering a weapon is something one does when one has time, it isn’t something to do for speed, as more ND’s occur on revolting than pretty any other event. PPD are proficient shooters, but the clothing and holsters aren’t exactly ideal for any sort of fast reholster.

Back