• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

B.C. RCMP shoot man after he crashes into vehicles with skid-steer loader

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm surprised they waited so long to nail him... seriously:

B.C. RCMP shoot man after he crashes into vehicles with skid-steer loader​

British Columbia’s civilian police watchdog has been deployed after RCMP on Vancouver Island shot a man who allegedly crashed into police vehicles with a piece of industrial equipment.

70c8fc80

Robert Martin, who lives near Evans Park in Duncan, B.C., said he was in his back yard Tuesday evening when he heard loud noises and police sirens.

He then saw someone driving a skid-steer, a tracked piece of equipment with a loading bucket on the front, down the alley.

“He actually went over one of the cop cars, crushed the car,” before driving out to the main road, Martin said.

“They tried to PIT maneuver him with four or five cop cars and he kept taking the bucket of the skid steer and pushing them out of the way. We kept hearing screeches from the tires and he just kept going,” he added.

“The cops tried to do everything to stop the guy, and in the end we heard five gunshots.”

In a media release, the RCMP said officers from the North Cowichan/Duncan detachment were called around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday about an impaired man driving a track loader skid-steer down a residential street.

Mounties said they tried to get the the driver to stop, but that the loader collided with police vehicles.

“During the interaction that followed, one officer discharged their weapon striking the driver,” RCMP said in the release.

“Emergency Health Services were called and the man was transported to hospital with serious injuries.”

Indeed.... a couple of days ago:

Nanaimo man allegedly crashes car through work site, fights with police​

Driver’s car clocked at 131 km/h in 50 km/h construction zone, narrowly misses workers

A Nanaimo driver faces multiple charges after a car crashed through a work site and a police officer was assaulted early this morning.
The 20-year-old motorist is alleged to have been impaired and the car clocked at 131 km/h in 50 km/h construction zone, said police. He faces multiple charges. The incident happened at about 12:40 a.m. Wednesday, March 29, on the Nanaimo Parkway, where the roadway is temporarily closed at night to lay a water main.

According Nanaimo RCMP, the driver was travelling southbound on the parkway when he blew past traffic control flaggers who were diverting traffic onto a detour route bypassing the work site.

I'm surprised they waited so long to nail him... seriously:

B.C. RCMP shoot man after he crashes into vehicles with skid-steer loader​

British Columbia’s civilian police watchdog has been deployed after RCMP on Vancouver Island shot a man who allegedly crashed into police vehicles with a piece of industrial equipment.

70c8fc80

Robert Martin, who lives near Evans Park in Duncan, B.C., said he was in his back yard Tuesday evening when he heard loud noises and police sirens.

He then saw someone driving a skid-steer, a tracked piece of equipment with a loading bucket on the front, down the alley.

“He actually went over one of the cop cars, crushed the car,” before driving out to the main road, Martin said.

“They tried to PIT maneuver him with four or five cop cars and he kept taking the bucket of the skid steer and pushing them out of the way. We kept hearing screeches from the tires and he just kept going,” he added.

“The cops tried to do everything to stop the guy, and in the end we heard five gunshots.”

In a media release, the RCMP said officers from the North Cowichan/Duncan detachment were called around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday about an impaired man driving a track loader skid-steer down a residential street.

Mounties said they tried to get the the driver to stop, but that the loader collided with police vehicles.

“During the interaction that followed, one officer discharged their weapon striking the driver,” RCMP said in the release.

“Emergency Health Services were called and the man was transported to hospital with serious injuries.”

welllll, first of all lethal force is supposed to be reserved for calls where no other option is available to end the problem, and also because when the cops smoke someone - the presumption is they did something wrong and have to live through months and sometimes years of being investigated by (typically) an outside oversight unit, their own department and around all that, waiting to see if they're getting jammed up via civil courts. oh and also getting attention from the media and lobby groups, involving lots of being second guessed and depending on the circumstances, demonized for doing their job, you know. systemic racism, profiling, too aggressive, don't try to de-escalate, attacking the mentally ill, too much testosterone, and on and on and on. look up the Daniel Montsion saga in Ottawa as an example.

^^ Fun fact: That actor (Billy Redden) wasn't actually playing. He couldn't play banjo, so a real player, who's arms you see, was positioned behind him.

^^ Fun fact: That actor (Billy Redden) wasn't actually playing. He couldn't play banjo, so a real player, who's arms you see, was positioned behind him.

During the filming of Humoresque, the star, John Garfield, had to be filmed playing the violin, simulating the technique of the left hand fingering, and the right hand bowing it. They had great difficulty with this scene. They couldn’t arrive at a modus operandi until, finally, in close shots, they had two violinists crouched out of camera range; one did the fingerwork and the other the bowing. The violin was attached to Garfield’s neck. The real playing was pre-recorded by Isaac Stern. Oscar Levant accompanied him on the piano. After a couple of takes, Mr. Levant suggested, “Why don’t the five of us make a concert tour?”

look up the Daniel Montsion saga in Ottawa as an example.

This is closest I can come to making music:

tuning-fm-radio-stations-on-receiver-dial.jpg
I've been told I couldn't carry a tune in a suitcase...but since I'm Mr Brightside, I can quickly empty the gym, bar or wherever if I start singing "Mr Brightside" or other tunes.

Back