• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BASIC MILITARY OFFICER QUALIFICATION BMOQ Jan 2011

Same, NCS Engineer.  Coming from Niagara Region (CFRC in Hamilton).

Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring clothing items not on the lists in the Information Booklet?  Things like a hoodie or track pants (Montreal is COLD in January), etc that are not on the list?  I guess I'm wondering if the list is inclusive or exclusive.  How much space do we have in the barracks for cloths or personal items anyway?

Hey;

To add to that list of items questions, do we have to get the exact number of things on the list, we were joking on 6 pairs of male underwears and that too of same colour, kindda funny coz if that is the case guess what I am shopping for 6 same colour underwears.

So my question is to add before Matt's question, do we need to include exactly the same items and same number asked in the list, and then add Matt's question whether the list is exclusive/inclusive

-K

You guys/girls got to learn to read all information provided to you and to do research on your own........

MILNET.CA MENTOR

From CLFRS ST.JEAN Website:

Equipment
All candidates arriving for training at CFLRS, whether they are new or current CF members will require the items listed in part 1 and 2 of Annex B to begin their basic training. Items listed in part 1 can be brought by candidates or purchased at their expense at Canex while items in part 2 will be exclusively purchased at Canex after their arrival. Candidates who are already CF members will also present with the military equipment (in serviceable condition) listed in part 3 of Annex B to this document.

Annex B part 1 - Required items

Candidates should arrive with the following items but may also purchase them at Canex after their arrival.

Civilian Clothing List and available at Canex Saint-Jean
Personal Items Men And Women Qty

Inexpensive watch 1
Alarm clock 1
Iron 1
Hair net  (If necessary) 1
Hairpins  x
Sport Bras 3
Cotton underwear (same color) 6

Optional Items Qty

Hair dryer 1
Gray ball cap for summer (must be purchased at Canex) x
Letter paper  x
Note:The majority of these articles can be purchased at the Canex at your expense. 

Civilian Clothing Men - sufficient quantity for four days Qty

Seasonal jacket x
Casual dress pants x
Casual dress shirt with collar (short-sleeved in summer permitted) x
Casual dress shoes x
Casual sweaters  x
Bathing suit provided by QM x
Sports socks (cotton) same color x
Running shoes 1 set
Sport shoes (non marking soles) x
T-shirts (for sport) 2
Sport shorts 1
Towels (face cloth, hand towel and bath towel) 1 each

Civilian Clothing Women - sufficient quantity for four days Qty

Seasonal jacket x
Dresses, skirts (under knee) or casual dress pants x
Casual blouses (minimum 2 cm collar - no "low-cut" or transparent blouses) x
Pantyhose, bras, nylons x
Casual sweaters x
Bathing suit (1 piece) provided by QM x
Sport socks (cotton) x
Running shoes 1 set
Sneakers (non marking soles) x
T-shirts for sport 2
Sport shorts 1
Towels (face cloth, hand towel and bath towel) 1 each

Annexe B part 2 – Miscellaneous Items

The following items will be purchased by candidates exclusively at Canex after their arrival at CFLRS. However, you MUST bring your basic toiletries (i.e. soap, towel, deodorant, toothbrush, shaving cream, etc.) in sufficient quantities for the first 3 days.

Miscellaneous Items
Available at the Canex Saint-Jean at your expense (keep your bag after you make your purchase )  Qty

Shoe shine kit:
•Kiwi cloths (2)
•Black Kiwi shoe polish (two large and one small)
•Boot brushes (2) large and (1) small
•Case or bag for shoe shine items
x
Combination padlocks (same number) 4
Abus padlock type 85/50 (key) 1
Picture frame 5x7 1
Boot bands 4 sets
Plastic hangers (same style and colour)  20
Starch (Easy on) x
Sewing thread: green, black and white x
Plastic soap dish, same color as toothbrush case 1
Plastic toothbrush case, same color as soap dish  1
Liquid laundry detergent, max size 2 litres 1
Lint brush 1
Lint brush refill 1 
Facecloth, hand towel and bath towel, dark color 1 
Wide belt 1
Hygienic items  Qty
Toothpaste 1
Mouth wash, max size 750ml 1
Dental floss 1
Non disposable razor with blades 1
Shaving cream or gel, can 1
Deodorant 1
Shampoo, max size 750ml 1
Shower sandals 1 set

guysletsdoit said:
..... do we need to include exactly the same items and same number asked in the list......
I normally avoid all of the recruit-related threads because they're personally irrelevant to me (and sometimes my responses are deemed to be  ~insensitive~ since civilians have not yet been issued "Thicker Skin, version 2.0").

However.....
You have the CF Recruit School kit list in hand, yet you come to a non-DND site asking anonymous posters whether the CF is "kidding" or "serious"? Gutsy move. I suspect your course-mates will thank you over the next few weeks for taking the Instructors' attention off of them.

Or......

Good thing you caught that. That kit list is out of date; the current list has these as mere 'suggestions.' You're free to leave home whatever kit you feel is unnecessary. Should you be questioned on this at St J, inform your instructor that " 'Journeyman,'* a senior Lieutenant-Major on army.ca set you straight." (* I cannot give you my real name because I'm a freefall-ninja-sniper-instructor with JTF-3. You understand)

Good luck with your training  :pop:

Edit: Damn NFLD Sapper, you spoilsport  ;)

Follow the instructions guys, and we should all be alright!

Did you guys have your swearing-in ceremonies yet? I have mine on the 6th!

Look forward to meeting you on the 15th!

Alejo

You guys/girls got to learn to read all information provided to you and to do research on your own........
I've read the list a dozen times maybe, but it doesn't say wether those are the ONLY things you may bring.  I am asking wether you can bring additional items.  I've got everything on the list ready, but I don't know whether the list is inclusive or exclusive.  An example I already brought up was additional clothing items, but it could be extended to reading material, religious texts like a bible or the Koran, hell even a deck of cards.

Anyway, it's a legitimate question.  I can always just ask my recruiter over the phone.

Mattl86 said:
I've read the list a dozen times maybe, but it doesn't say wether those are the ONLY things you may bring.  I am asking wether you can bring additional items.  I've got everything on the list ready, but I don't know whether the list is inclusive or exclusive.  An example I already brought up was additional clothing items, but it could be extended to reading material, religious texts like a bible or the Koran, hell even a deck of cards.

Anyway, it's a legitimate question.  I can always just ask my recruiter over the phone.

::)

I really begin to have my doubts as to whether or not some of the people posting here, aspiring to become officers in the CF, really have what it takes.  We have numerous topics covering these questions on what one is supposed to bring on Course/BMQ/BMOQ/St Jean/ad nauseum.  The LIST is given to you.  READ the LIST.  DO WHAT THE LIST SAYS.  If in doubt, READ the topics here on what to bring.

IN THE END it is going to boil down to how much luggage you will be able to carry with you.  If it isn't on the LIST, and you already have too much luggage, then DON'T BRING IT.  If you have everything on the LIST and spare room in your luggage, perhaps you can bring it.  If it is on the LIST, and you do not have it, be prepared to have a detailed explanation as to why you did not bring it.

You are joining the military.  You are an adult (I hope).  So start thinking like a future military person and follow directions as given (It will be reflected on your PER).  This is not Rocket Science.

And note that it says:

Personal Items Men And Women Qty

Hair net  (If necessary) 1
Hairpins  x
Sport Bras 3

So y'all better have them, or else..,

You can bring extra kit. 

There are a few prohibited items you cannot bring with you to CFLRS.  I don't know these myself but I recommend all candidates find out what they positively cannot bring.  Yes, your kit will undergo inspection on arrival for contraband. 

You will travel in civy clothing, so you will obviously bring with you a warm jacket to a winter serial.  You'll want to bring with you a change of clothes or two, but I encourage you to pack as though you were going for a short weekend.  Evenings and CB weekends, you will be wearing either PT gear, combats, or coveralls.  Personal electronics, to include cell phones, lap tops, music players, tablets, ebook readers, etc. may not be permitted by your course staff.  Other personal items such as books, decks of cards, Swedish penis pumps, etc. are generally permitted.  Be prepared to have various personal liberties curtailed.

A few things to keep in mind are time and space.  If your course has a storage space, it is for the entire course, and not just for you.  If your course does not have a storage space, you will have to stuff your kit into your issued kit bags, under your bed and/or into a coursemate's car.  In sum, you cannot pack for every contingency and you cannot pack 6 changes of clothes for every weekend.

That said, you will be on course for a very long time.  On completion of BMOQ, you will be immediately sent off to either EWAT, BMOQ-L/NETPO and/or DP 1.  Pack what you will require to maintain your morale during this time, bearing in mind the space every thing takes and the possibility of replenishment during weekends and leave periods.

Shamrock said:
Other personal items such as books, decks of cards, Swedish penis pumps, etc. are generally permitted.  Be prepared to have various personal liberties curtailed.

You now owe me a new monitor. I will be collecting right after leave.

Regards

You can bring extra kit. 

There are a few prohibited items you cannot bring with you to CFLRS.  I don't know these myself but I recommend all candidates find out what they positively cannot bring.  Yes, your kit will undergo inspection on arrival for contraband. 

You will travel in civy clothing, so you will obviously bring with you a warm jacket to a winter serial.  You'll want to bring with you a change of clothes or two, but I encourage you to pack as though you were going for a short weekend.  Evenings and CB weekends, you will be wearing either PT gear, combats, or coveralls.  Personal electronics, to include cell phones, lap tops, music players, tablets, ebook readers, etc. may not be permitted by your course staff.  Other personal items such as books, decks of cards, Swedish penis pumps, etc. are generally permitted.  Be prepared to have various personal liberties curtailed.

A few things to keep in mind are time and space.  If your course has a storage space, it is for the entire course, and not just for you.  If your course does not have a storage space, you will have to stuff your kit into your issued kit bags, under your bed and/or into a coursemate's car.  In sum, you cannot pack for every contingency and you cannot pack 6 changes of clothes for every weekend.

That said, you will be on course for a very long time.  On completion of BMOQ, you will be immediately sent off to either EWAT, BMOQ-L/NETPO and/or DP 1.  Pack what you will require to maintain your morale during this time, bearing in mind the space every thing takes and the possibility of replenishment during weekends and leave periods.
Thanks, that's pretty much exactly what I needed to know.  I'll double check on a couple items with my recruiter first as well.

Yeah, typo.  Considering I typed it correctly in a different place in the same post, I think it's safe to say I know the word.

Mattl86 said:
Thanks, that's pretty much exactly what I needed to know.  I'll double check on a couple items with my recruiter first as well.

;D  He was being a little on the sarcastic side.

Now being a little bit of a  >:D

Mattl86 said:
Yeah, typo.  Considering I typed it correctly in a different place in the same post, I think it's safe to say I know the word.

Mattl86 said:

You're only batting 33%.    ;D

Good old George Wallace. There is no escape from his judgement  hehehe
Meh, he's not so bad.  Just a bit grouchy.  ;D

alejo, you flying or taking a bus to St. Jean?  I thought I remembered you being from Ottawa, but not sure now.

alejo said:
Good old George Wallace. There is no escape from his judgement :( hehehe

In a thread about Basic Officer Qual, I'd say he's spot on expecting a wee bit more from prospective Officer candidates in the field of grammar and syntax.

Get used to it troops because you'll be hearing all about it in your career, if and when you are accepted. I foresee a great amount of red ink on your paperwork when you submit it to your BC just from what I've read in this thread alone.

The Army.ca Staff

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
In a thread about Basic Officer Qual, I'd say he's spot on expecting a wee bit more from prospective Officer candidates in the field of grammar and syntax.

Get used to it troops because you'll be hearing all about it in your career, if and when you are accepted. I foresee a great amount of red ink on your paperwork when you submit it to your BC just from what I've read in this thread alone.

The Army.ca Staff
Did I make a typo somewhere?
I thought my spell checking was on  >:D
I guess all those philosophy courses did not help me at all for my grammar. I blame the excess of numbers in my degree!!! ;D

Mattl86 said:
alejo, you flying or taking a bus to St. Jean?  I thought I remembered you being from Ottawa, but not sure now.

Yes, I am coming from Ottawa. I wanted to take the train, but there is no service on the 15th. So the only other option is the bus, unless I can get a ride from someone. How about you?

alejo said:
Did I make a typo somewhere?
I thought my spell checking was on  >:D
I guess all those philosophy courses did not help me at all for my grammar. I blame the excess of numbers in my degree!!! ;D

You have too many numbers in your degree?

Back