• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Belgian camouflage! no joke!

D-n-A said:
Use the spell checker.

Also, what do you mean, you will see who's better, the Canadians or the Belgians? Better at what?

How long has Belgium been in Afghanistan, I haven't heard anything about them being there.

No  ,thats wright ,thats because the Belgian army has only troops on the airfield . (And those gays are the army ). And now they sending us ( the paratroopers )for the first time to Afghanistan .And i think Will meet ,because we are staying at camp Julian . Thats not our fault its the governments.And , I'm not attackking you ,i only mean that on exercises the camo has his effect and and yours Will have his effect to . Its the man and not the material

greets Marc motten

Belgian airborne
31 years
Somalia 93
Rwanda 94
Kosovo 02
Afghanistan 04

rehcamuhcs welcome to the board. Excuse the idiots, that occasionally post here, I'm sure you have them in the Belgium Army too. We do try to control them though.

You're right its the man not the bloody clothes. Real soldiers can do the job wearing just about anything.

Don't worry about the English either, practice will make it better and it's not like most members of this board are fluent in French   let alone Flemish. BTW we also have a francophone section on the board.

You know what? I thought the pics of the troops in the field, looked good.  Of course they werent invisible, but thats not what they were trying to be at the time anyways.  I'm sure if they were in the bush, especially during fall, they would be tough to spot.

How about the new US Army combats?  http://www4.army.mil/news/article.php?story=6042

"maudit francais" a la la allez l`OM

what happens when theire out on a peace keeping msision
in a foreing country. If they do?

When I first saw the AUSCAM her in Australia, I just  ::), but its the best thing for here, and it comes in a desert version too. Anyways the AUSCAM just blends into the land here, see for yourself at my recent upload of teh cam net tangled in the wheels of  a 105mm hamel Gun.

Cheers,

Wes

QY Rang cdt said:
You know what? I thought the pics of the troops in the field, looked good.   Of course they werent invisible, but thats not what they were trying to be at the time anyways.   I'm sure if they were in the bush, especially during fall, they would be tough to spot.
yeah, but with a  :fifty: i don't think it's easy to be invisible.
grtz

the Belgian cammo YIKES  coming from a woman.  the colors look like something a woman would come up with what was she thinking the idea of cammo is to blend in not stand out.

How do you know the idea came from a woman?  Maybe some fruity guy came up with the idea?  Nonetheless, bad idea.

Comeon show me some pics and we will see if thats so good . Because what is the reason your laughing ?
Is yours maybe better , nicer  sweater . So show some pics and will see

:mad:

laughing with somebody or somebody's equipment is easy ,but when there is a reaction on you , you like so afraid . I just ask some evidence and i don't get any response afraid that they laughing whit you?

This i not an attack , its just the truth

Seeing how all uniforms turn dirt brown after a few days in the field, I think any real soldier wouldn't really care to start a pissing match over camo patterns.

Hi,
I have read the messages about the Belgian camo pattern in use today. I can say it works well in the environment it's designed for :eek:ur own country, Europe and even in some African countries.
For the ISAF assignments in Afghanistan, Belgian soldiers are equipped with desert camo suits.
For BELUKOS in Kosovo they wear the standard camo.
Look for yourself if it works or not...
www.mil.be
The camo pattern used before this one was the "Flecktarn". It is ugly as hell, but very effective too. Some Belgian units still wear the flecktarn today.

Sure the colors used are rather uncommon, but they do the job quite well ! As well in spring, summer and fall (certainly).

Grtz,

Bracchus

I've seen various flecktarn patterns... they've always looked like they'd be quite effective...

Regarding the belgian cam, I note a lack of black? No simulation of shadow... I'd imagine that alone would be enough to bring down the effectiveness considerably.

This can't be any worse than the proposed new U.S. camo that's designed to blend into temperate, arid & urban backgrounds...

VRC

One thing that I noticed in some of the pictures  is that the guys arent wearing their combat shirts under their vests, just their t-shirts. They should get it on before they catch a cold...

Back