• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Coffee Joints

Who do you like

• Total voters
You shouldn't have to worry...Camp Julien was swamped with Timmy's coffee in Kabul.  I assume the same will be the case in KAF...

My vote would go to Seattle Coffee House, but it didn't seem to make the list.

They gave us free coffee in 98 (HMCS Toronto) but we had to do two goofy TV commercials for it.

Yeah we all miss all wives and our coffee in that order.

Yeah, i'm not a huge fan of Tim Horton's coffee.  Its okay, just not great.  I can't even drink it black.  That being said, I still go there often, mostly becuase its the only decent coffee at school.  There was a plan to get a Starbucks but it was killed by the hippies.

For my morning ritual I always go to Dreams and Beans here in peterborough.  INCREDIBLY good coffee, and AMAZING muffins.

7-11 !!! grab a coffee along with some cheese and nachos.....lets see Tim Horton's do that!! hahahah  :cdn:
Doughnut City- St.Catharine's, ONT

Cheers

Horton's hands down.

I'm surprised none of my fellow Shilo transplants have mentioned "Forbidden Flavours"   

Cafe de Jaren, Amsterdam. I loved that place.
http://www.diningcity.com/ams/dejaren/en/

(And no, it is not one of THOSE coffee shops!  :blotto:)

You all need to come to good old Aussie, there is some of the greatest coffee places round.

You forgot Coffee Time. It's great if you need your stomach flushed!!

Has Tim's Invaded St. Jean yet?

people we have a problem here in victoria starbucks outnumbers tims i think 7 to 3 its not right

But my vote is with tims its worth the drive

Tim Hortons ;D

The only place I visit more the Canadian Tire

McNutt

I don't like Starbucks, way to classy for my tastes

"Would you like Bold or Venetian?"

I prefer Tim Hortons and an Extra Large Triple Triple ;)

Tim Hortons, hands down. I'm a maritimer, we love our timmies hehe. Now i just have to convince them to build a timmies here in my ghetto.

Well, I USED to like Timmies, but I honestly think the quality has taken a serious slide in the last few years. I drink my coffee black, no sugar, so it's tough to mask bad coffee for me. When I was overseas, I got used to Turkish coffee and Dutch coffee, which is superior to anything brewed here (except at my house - I have an imported coffee machine  ;)).

The only think that comes close to good Dutch coffee is an 'Americano - half full'.

For the best mocha in Vancouver, go to Moonpennies on Pender and Thurlow.

Following coffee joints get a 10 on the 'kilt scale for coffee':

5. 7-11 (add a cookie and a box of cereal).
4. Tim Hortons (with a Long John).
3. Seattle's best.
2. Starbucks.
1. Dunkin' Donuts! THE BEST coffee joint. Pity there are none in Canada. Just in the States.

Kiltmann/Nik.

Kiltmann said:
Following coffee joints get a 10 on the 'kilt scale for coffee':

5. 7-11 (add a cookie and a box of cereal).
4. Tim Hortons (with a Long John).
3. Seattle's best.
2. Starbucks.
1. Dunkin' Donuts! THE BEST coffee joint. Pity there are none in Canada. Just in the States.

Kiltmann/Nik.

I had seen one on in Montreal at the subway station and if I am right I belive there is one on Bank Street in Ottawa,

McNutt

Kiltman,
Spend some time in la Belle Province, you will find Dunkin Donuts everywhere......

I prefer timmies but don't ever go to one thats far from a CF base. The service is super slow, people pay in pennies and coupons and I would say 10 out of the last 20 times I hit the drive through, they managed to screw up "large black, one sugar"

Tim Hortons makes drinkable coffee. It is third best to the coffee the ladies at the unit canteens make for me, and there is cheaper and more readily avail too.

But the best coffee is always the coffee I make myself. I particularly enjoy, during a tough morning at work opening my thermos at my desk, and having the aroma of hot coffee and those 2 shots of Bailey's Irish cream..... :eek:

Oh shoot, how do I erase this?
;)

There you go ArmyMedic now no one will know ;)

Back