• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blow money on parties for past wars, or invest in military capability and support to vets?

Rifleman62 said:
Colin P
I would like to see a celebration of the aboriginal war vets and acknowledgement of the wrongs done to them upon returning to Canada.
Agree.

I am curious, just where do we stop acknowledging and compensating all the wrongs of the distant past for all who have been wronged?  There is such a long line of them.

Yes, always will be. It is the PC thing to do.

Do you think that if ISIS or whomever brought the war and all their evil to e.g. the USA, and the government, post Obama, decided to detain Muslims, that Canada would do the same? Second World War/racially profiled Japanese.

P.S. Canada's number one war criminal,Pacific Theater, was the "Kamloops Kid", born and raised in Kamloops BC,

George Wallace said:
Agree.

I am curious, just where do we stop acknowledging and compensating all the wrongs of the distant past for all who have been wronged?  There is such a long line of them.

These were vets that served honourable in the forces and then treated like 2nd class citizens upon their return, I think that is a real wrong worth righting and applies to a small group and helps towards other things in the grand scheme.

Back