• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ May 2011

May 2nd would be better for me, I don't know when you guys finish exams but my last is on the 18th of april. Waiting until the 9th or 12th of May would be a grand waste of time or they'll make me do OJT at NDHQ....noooooooooo  :facepalm:

I'm on may 9th - aug 18th but some of my buddies got May 16th to 26th and apparently one or two have gotten May 2nd.  So those are the respective dates as of now.

HI  Dou You;  mathabos; Acer Syrup; Bigm

I was told by my CFRC that I will start training dated May_09
Maybe I am the first DEO guy there.

Anyone know if the SEM will be sending out kit lists with joining instructions or anything of the sort. I ask because I know that depending on where you were kitted you will have differing levels of kit. For example in St Jean for the 2week babysitters course some people who met their ULO at a reserve regiment got some different and in St Jean all those who hadn't been kitted got far less than our official issue. Since then, some of us have been kitted at our local unit clothing stores/Supply.  I'd really hate to drag winter gear such as full parka and pants just to prove that I have them to the platoon staff when there's no need to wear them.

I'm sure we will be informed of something, but there is an information booklet with kit list on the CFLRS website. It is pretty thorough and also mentions that winter kit is not required for the summer course. I would bring whatever you have that is listed and expect to be issued anything that you are missing.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/bic-cib/bic-cib.pdf

Excellent and thank you, I want to try to avoid as much St Jean kitting as from all the LOG NCMs in supply have told me, it's a nightmare to get decent kit from there. Only kit I have here that's not in decent condition is the ruck and I'll drive up early to see if they'll exchange it for  CTS ruck if they have them yet.

2010newbie said:
May 9th for me too.....

Ah yeah, this is going to be good! I guess I should start practicing my Bad Romance in the shower.

Rogo said:
Excellent and thank you, I want to try to avoid as much St Jean kitting as from all the LOG NCMs in supply have told me, it's a nightmare to get decent kit from there. Only kit I have here that's not in decent condition is the ruck and I'll drive up early to see if they'll exchange it for  CTS ruck if they have them yet.

I doubt you'll be allowed to use the CTS ruck at St. Jean, even though it's issued. #1 thing there is standardization, and I'm guessing they are still using 82s at St. Jean. If you show up with a CTS I would put good money on it that they will use some supply/admin wizardry to ensure you are using the 82 for the course. Besides, you really don't want to be the only person using the CTS do you?

Dou You said:
Ah yeah, this is going to be good! I guess I should start practicing my Bad Romance in the shower.

Damn straight! For some reason I just cannot do as many sit-ups without you there....

ballz said:
I doubt you'll be allowed to use the CTS ruck at St. Jean, even though it's issued. #1 thing there is standardization, and I'm guessing they are still using 82s at St. Jean. If you show up with a CTS I would put good money on it that they will use some supply/admin wizardry to ensure you are using the 82 for the course. Besides, you really don't want to be the only person using the CTS do you?

I'd be okay with that, some of us all over eastern region have different kit already. Some have old raingear, some new.  I feel like they won't take back everyone's issued kit from their home units and give them worse kit especially if its in teh CANFORGENs and Standing Orders of the local units.

2010newbie said:
Damn straight! For some reason I just cannot do as many sit-ups without you there....
I agree, it's just not the same haha.

Do you have your course dates yet Rogo?

Nope. I may call them this week if they don't get to me first. Some friends have theirs.

For DP-1 Infantry, I am feeling your going to get the May 24th ( Which happens to be when everyone else ships out to G-town) -> August 19th.

Rogo said:
I'd be okay with that, some of us all over eastern region have different kit already. Some have old raingear, some new.  I feel like they won't take back everyone's issued kit from their home units and give them worse kit especially if its in teh CANFORGENs and Standing Orders of the local units.

When I did BMOQ some people were getting olive raingear and some were getting the new CADPAT stuff, but that was mostly because of lack of supply. You ended up giving it all back at the end of course because, like I said, lack of supply. I was rattled because I had CADPAT stuff, forced to give it back, and ended up getting issued the garbage olive stuff afterwards. Sad face, but that's the way it goes.

I really doubt they have even started issuing CTS rucks at St. Jean yet, but I could be wrong. I am not saying they will take your CTS ruck, I am just guessing they would issue you an 82 to use for the duration of the course, and have you return it at the end.

And you may be okay with being an individual now, but you won't be once you get there. You barely even use your ruck on BMOQ anyway. Why stand out for something you'll barely use anyway, you might want to consider trying to remain a grey-man instead of standing out on the first day.

But I could be wrong altogether, they might have a ton of CTS rucks there now. Who knows with that mess of a system they have going on.

ballz said:

My Course had a few Pers with the new Ruck and no one batted an eye where they saw them being used in Garrison or in the field. From their section commanders up to the Commandant of the School all saw these members using them.

My husband will be on the May 9th - Aug 18th BMOQ course. He'll probably be the old guy ;)

ballz said:
But I could be wrong altogether, they might have a ton of CTS rucks there now. Who knows with that mess of a system they have going on.

Well I guess that answers that then.

What a mess... The guys from RMC going on the Infantry DP1.1 course can't even get a damn patrol pack or a tac-vest issued to them.

Ceebee did they have to return them at the end of the course or were they fitted and all that jazz and they got to take them with them? At least that one help fix the supply issues the 07 to 09 ROTP candidates are facing for future years of candidates.

That's odd because Gagetown should have the most new gear from what CFSU O Supply told me.    They said that places such as Ottawa are last to get new kit since there are few operational or field requirements....but even I have my helmet, tac-vest, a POS 64style ruck, etc....   

Back