• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

It looks like CFRC did all job offers for May BMOQ?
Almost month before next Basic .
After May we should expect BMOQ in September, 2016.

secondchance said:
It looks like CFRC did all job offers for May BMOQ?
Almost month before next Basic .
After May we should expect BMOQ in September, 2016.

That's what I am counting on.  Still waiting on a few things--the major one being my ACS testing.  Other than it's just waiting for medical clearance and my background check--both of which the CFRC in Kingston said are currently ongoing  ;D.

I hope we both can get in for September, secondchance.  How has your process been going?

bscriber said:
That's what I am counting on.  Still waiting on a few things--the major one being my ACS testing.  Other than it's just waiting for medical clearance and my background check--both of which the CFRC in Kingston said are currently ongoing  ;D.

I hope we both can get in for September, secondchance.  How has your process been going?
Merit listed since February, 2016

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Question about selection. Friend of mine and me had the same trade and were merit listed almost the same time.This month he got job offer and starts BMOQ in May, 2016.But I didn't get any job offer. Does it mean if I was not selected now I can not expect it in future ? Can I expect job offer or this is final "No"  because selection was made? 
P.S. He had only one trade in his application. I have 2 trades. Maybe I can get job offer for other trade?

Its a merit list. You didn't merit above the cut line for offers. You'll get rolled into the next merit list. Start doing some volunteering or education upgrades to boost your chances.

secondchance said:
Question about selection. Friend of mine and me had the same trade and were merit listed almost the same time.This month he got job offer and starts BMOQ in May, 2016.But I didn't get any job offer. Does it mean if I was not selected now I can not expect it in future ? Can I expect job offer or this is final "No"  because selection was made? 
P.S. He had only one trade in his application. I have 2 trades. Maybe I can get job offer for other trade?

the serial might be full or you might have just gotten filed away by the recruiting center whereas your friend got the luck of the draw when his file got processed.

My file manager has been talking to me about a June date for swearing in/BMOQ

try emailing your recruiting center contact till you get a response. Or better yet show up in person, that usually gets results,

secondchance said:

I knew a guy going for the same trade as I was and he got an offer before I did. A week later I got a call for an offer as well so I guess don't lose hope just yet!

If the May BMOQ is full then you may get a call for a later BMOQ, provided that you are high enough on the merit list with all the new applicants from now until then. And of course it's always possible that they will give you an offer for your other trade.

I just got my call today for the May 16 start of BMOQ.
I've been offered DEO for INT O, Land element. 
Anyone else on that course?

Good Day,

I have scoured the forums and have found several threads that dance around the topic, but none that answer my specific query.

Up until Friday, I was a med-tech. I was accepted through SCP for TDO and given a training equivalency of Mod 1 BMOQ. My COS was supposed to be in July, but I found out Friday May 20 that I was being course loaded on BMOQ MOD 2 with a report date of May 28 at CFLRS and a COS date of May 26. Because of the rapid course load and posting message, there will be no ceremony or anything where I am appointed OCdt - I am literally just going to supply to grab the slip on. I was loaded on Mod 2 BMOQ with the group from RMC (so 7 weeks instead of 8 weeks).

I have heard different things regarding what cap badge to wear. I was told that RMC BMOQ candidates all have their cap badge for their given trade. I was also told that candidates with prior service and previous qualification are entitled to wear their new trade badge (in my case, TDO). And to make the whole matter muddy, another person told me that everyone at CFLRS wears the tri-service cap badge regardless of time in, training plan etc 

Anyone have any idea as to what cap badge I wear???

Hello,
The RMC /CMR Officer Cadets on BMOQ mod 2 have their College cap badges, not their trade cap badges.
Because you have been granted qualifications within your trade, if your course wishes you to wear the tri-service badge, I would put in a well formatted and nicely worded memo requesting to wear your medical cap badge.
I would support it as it has been done many times before.

The civilian clerk at BTL looked up the reference this morning, and because I am trade qualified I am entitled to wear the TDO cap badge as of my COS date. I think I will ask her to print out the reference and carry this in St. Jean. Perhaps to cover my butt, I will draft a memo in advance and include the reference in it. Thanks a bunch!

I was a medic back in the day and when I was accepted as an officer on Mod 1 I wore the medical cap badge then on Mod 2 new qual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketRichard said:
I was a medic back in the day and when I was accepted as an officer on Mod 1 I wore the medical cap badge then on Mod 2 new qual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks RocketRichard! I don't have to do mod 1, and am only doing mod 2 - so this confirms what the clerk told me this morning.

Cheers!

mkil said:
Thanks RocketRichard! I don't have to do mod 1, and am only doing mod 2 - so this confirms what the clerk told me this morning.

Cheers!

PS that was awhile ago so hopefully things haven't changed...

I am headed off to do my BMOQ-L in a few days, and I would like to inquire as to whether it is as difficult as some make it out to be.

Different opinions linger in my regiment - from BMOQ-L being a huge testosterone filled course - to a body with half a brain could pass.

As a Reservist, 10 weeks continuously on course seems daunting when compared to just doing previous courses on the weekends, and at most, one week straight.

Again, I have heard that candidates are CB for the first 4 weeks?

On this note I will be at 4 CDTC Meaford; how is the night routine like for BMOQ-L? Is there down-time to make calls, review notes and just try to relax? Or is it a 'go-go-go' mentality 24/7 for 10 weeks straight?

It's been nagging me for the past few days, and would certainly appreciate any experienced opinions and advice.

Many thanks.

BMOQ/BMQ/IAP/BOTP/BMNQ/BOTC... whatever they are called... "Basic Trg"... is a blast!

You will, at different times, be tired, hungry, sore, frustrated, angry, sad, happy, excited.

It is NOT anything like Full Metal Jacket, so get that image out of your head.

You will push yourself, but not quite to your limits. You will learn more in a short time than you thought possible. And you will create bonds with your course mates that will last a lifetime.

Also, you get to run around in the field and play army and shoot guns! What's there to be worried about?!

Have fun! It will definitely suck at times, but time will fly by, and when you're done, you'll have enjoyed the experience.

You should consider that you asked about making calls before reviewing your notes.  Priorities right?
If I were you I wouldn't expect to go anywhere for the first few weeks.  I'd also expect to have your  electronic devices strictly controlled ie you won't be checking FB between every class.  People have been caught watching videos in class or texting while on sentry/patrols.

A standard problem now is students showing up with all these real or imagined personal issues and they just haaaaaaaave to talk to their girlfriend wife mom whoever every night or their whole life with explode.

Understand you're in the army and you may go days or even weeks without being in contact with them.  You'll also have very long days,  I would expect 5am to 11pm.

Back