• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ for July 2011

Russell5 said:
Richard Russell,
Age 18
From: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, living in Petawawa until basic starts.
Air weapons system tech

Figured ill be the youngest too. gunna be a good time, rough time but a good 1

Hi there Richard! My fellow Caper. Always good to hear from another islander. So you're from Donkin? You might remember Rev. Kevin Little, used to be at St. Luke's United years ago? He used to host a telethon I produced for the Glace Bay Food Bank on Seaside Cable around Christmas each year. Heck, considering your age, you may have even been one of the kids we had on our show once upon a time. Anyway, I am from Florence, (between Sydney Mines and Bras D'or), living in Marion Bridge for the past 14 years. I have a sister posted to Petawawa. She's in Afghanistan right now on her 2ND tour. Too bad our BMQ is weeks apart. Good luck with your trade Buddy!!

Just to follow suit on this thread as well:

BMQ July 4th
Lawrence Clarke, Cape Breton NS
44 yrs young
Married 20yrs
2-daughters, 12 and 13
Background: Commercial TV Industry
Trade: Nav Comm

First post

Lyndon Eustache
Toronto, Ontario
Age 21
Start: july4
Marine enn mech
Common law
1 daughter

Robbie Nauffts
Start: July 4th 2011
Trade: Naval Communicator
Background: Pre School Teacher

Matt Hannam
Start: July 4th 2011
Trade: Sonar Op
Background: Purchasing

Holy snappers!!!  There are so many Navy recruits going to St. Jean this July!!!

I know there are quite a few ping bosns going (Sonar Op), a few NavComms (NAval Communicators) and there are a few Sig Ops for the army, but, just out of sheer curiosity, how many registered with this site are going in as WETechs? (Weapons Enginneering Tech)

WETech right here!!!  I swear in on Friday!!!  I am so stoked right now, I can't even sleep through the entire night...  it is so ridiculous right now...

Looking forward to meeting up with all of you guys and gals in St. Jean in July!!!

Cheers,

Rev

If what I've been told is correct, They will be swearing us in en masse, due to the amount of recruits being sworn in in Ottawa on Friday.  The local recruiting centre was not big enough.  I still have yet to be given a location for the ceremony, however, I do suspect that I will be informed of the location on Wednesday when I head to CFRC Pembroke to finish signing all of my paperwork and tie up the remaininng loose threads in my application.

Exciting times!!!  But don't worry, Stacked, I'll post a full play-by-play itinerary for whoever is interested.  But I will only tell you what I'm allowed to...

Cheers and good night, bud.

Rev

Starting my BMQ July 4th aswell! Good luck to everyone and I shall see you there! I will be easy to find. Probably the only one there with a Brit accent  :p hahaha

28 days until swear in and 38 days until bmq for me :) cannot wait anymore !!!!!  :cdn:  :salute:

Leaving July 9th For Basic starting July 12th, AVN tech :) see you all there. BTW Leaving From Pembroke.

:camo: Why are you all saying that you're leaving 9th July (I'll swear 30th June and i'll probably get more instruction but , they told me '' 30th 8:00AM at recruting center and 11th July you have to be at St-jean'')....

I can get to St-jean in 2 hours (im living in Sherbrooke, Quebec)

Where are you from guys?  :cdn:

I'm Basically french but, im not bad speaking and writing in english  :p

Im not good enough to take the course in english

SdtGrondin said:
:camo: Why are you all saying that you're leaving 9th July (I'll swear 30th June and i'll probably get more instruction but , they told me '' 30th 8:00AM at recruting center and 11th July you have to be at St-jean'')....

I can get to St-jean in 2 hours (im living in Sherbrooke, Quebec)

Where are you from guys?  :cdn:

If you read through the CFLRS handbook it will tell you that you have to report to St. Jean no later than 8 pm on the Saturday before the course starts.  Basically, if your course starts on the Monday, July 11th, you have to report no later than 8 pm on Saturday, July 9th.

Here is the link for the handbook:  http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/bic-cib/index-eng.asp

Happy reading...

Rev

Thank You NavyHopeful. i just got the LeaderShip and recruit school Information Booklet (today) I'm reading it right now :p

Back