• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

I have to say this,

Whether I'm excited one day and nervous the next.... Waiting to go is the hardest.

(6 weeks to go)

jmnavy said:
I'll be there too!  Good-bye naval reserves, hello air force! :rage:

Give me a shout on msn if you like! spike745@hotmail.com
Wooohooo  go Air Force...;D

HL

GazeeboUnit said:
I have to say this,

Whether I'm excited one day and nervous the next.... Waiting to go is the hardest.

(6 weeks to go)

Very , very true! I think we all feel the same!!

Yep...I'll be there also. Looking forward to it...will be hard though to be separated from my wife and kids.

Who will be there as infantry officers (to be !!!)

See ya,

I have a feeling that we will all be so busy with drills.....PT....shining boots we won't have time to miss anyone back home....it is only a few weeks out of our lives....plus when there we will all be your family team....see ya there.  :salute:

Good point . Im sure some around week 3 , will start to become very home sick. I am use to being away from my parents and vise versa , but of course , im going to miss them very much. Plus , there are alot of young adults  ( around 18 ) that this is their first time away from home starting a new career , that of course is taken into consideration and should be as well with ' team mates '. Which also means for the older , wiser folk to have a little patience and let the staff sort them out :) Ha ha.

Also , it's maybe the first time away from Boyfriends , Girlfriends , Wives , Husbands and children.. which is very , very difficult.  One of the hardest parts of being on course.. atleast for my family it always was. It's hard to be away from the norm and the ones who love and support you , regardless of whoever says ' suck it up ' , this is not easy. In the first few weeks we are learning to develop those skills , some will have it harder then others .. and Lara is right when saying we have to become like a family and learn to support one another. Im agreeing with you Lara for myself really.. but there are some others that will need the strength we feel. ( Maybe I should have become a Padre , he he )

It's not a cake walk , as mentioned, it tends to teach younger adults the idea of having a career and growing up , in a sense it actually does make one into a ' man or woman '.

Im excited , and I think we are all feeling different emotions of excitement , being nervous , happy , sad , etc . I believe this is a life changing experience and we should all be proud of ourselves. I am excited for each week to pass and to soak up all this education. It's an amazing offer to have , we are all so lucky to be part of it! To gain friendships that are for life , to experience things we would never have a chance to in civi land.

G'luck guys , times a tickin'!!!

34 Days until I leave.

36 until it starts...      :)

JESSO

gijesso said:
Good point . Im sure some around week 3 , will start to become very home sick. I am use to being away from my parents and vise versa , but of course , im going to miss them very much. Plus , there are alot of young adults  ( around 18 ) that this is their first time away from home starting a new career , that of course is taken into consideration and should be as well with ' team mates '. Which also means for the older , wiser folk to have a little patience and let the staff sort them out :) Ha ha.

Also , it's maybe the first time away from Boyfriends , Girlfriends , Wives , Husbands and children.. which is very , very difficult.  One of the hardest parts of being on course.. atleast for my family it always was. It's hard to be away from the norm and the ones who love and support you , regardless of whoever says ' suck it up ' , this is not easy. In the first few weeks we are learning to develop those skills , some will have it harder then others .. and Lara is right when saying we have to become like a family and learn to support one another. Im agreeing with you Lara for myself really.. but there are some others that will need the strength we feel. ( Maybe I should have become a Padre , he he )

It's not a cake walk , as mentioned, it tends to teach younger adults the idea of having a career and growing up , in a sense it actually does make one into a ' man or woman '.

Im excited , and I think we are all feeling different emotions of excitement , being nervous , happy , sad , etc . I believe this is a life changing experience and we should all be proud of ourselves. I am excited for each week to pass and to soak up all this education. It's an amazing offer to have , we are all so lucky to be part of it! To gain friendships that are for life , to experience things we would never have a chance to in civi land.

G'luck guys , times a tickin'!!!

34 Days until I leave.

36 until it starts...      :)

JESSO
Well said..can't wait to meet the new members of my family  :)
Indeed...this is a privilege and a wonderful opportunity...counting down the days... ;D

HL

For what its worth, my best buddy in Cornwallis in '89 was a guy named Christ O'Brien, an Airframe Tech (at the time).  If I saw him today, I would give him the shirt off my back.  No questions asked.  Haven't talked to him since '92 when he meet me at the Edmonton airport after flying in for my jump course.

Life-long friends is what you will make (an' maybe some enemies too!  not everyone gets along).

Good luck to the works of you.  Welcome to the CF.  :salute:

3 weeks! Ack!! Times a flyin' by!  ;D and  :'( Ha ha.

Technically , Im in Wpg the night before so 20 days. I count the minute im packed and gone from my house.

Saying good bye to everyone will be difficult ( Especually my Parents and Bf ... and Dogs  :) ). But, luckily my Best Friend is going with me.

Also , swearing in is on the 14th! ' Officially in the military '.

Hows everyones PT comin' along? I have been running , almost died but atleast im complteting it. Did a 6 km Ruck run. That was dandy ha ha.

Alright guys! Excited to meet everyone when we get there!

JESSO

I am going to IAP august 28th. I arrive the 26th in St-Jean.  :cdn: I would like to chat with others going to ST-Jean at the same time. So email me at deschampsn@hotmail.com  :salute:

Hey Folks!

Times a tickin' , going by fast. Im sure we are all still excited and pumped. As in the Thread ' August 21st ' .. people seem to have a closer bond with each other. Im not sure who from this week talks , but we should all get to know one another because most likley we WILL be in the same platoon.

As I stated in the Aug 21st Thread :

A little Birdie told me ...

The Anglo platoons number is : R0282E ( Get to know this number well.. )

I couldn't tell yah for Franco. But , there are only  TWO PLATOONS running this week. So folks... whoever is doin' BMQ / English , we will be in the same platoon. So there for , as the friendlies on Aug 21st , we should get to know each other.. ( Awww how cute ).

My name : Amy Christine Jesso
My Email , if you would like to chat : pink_typhoon@hotmail.com ( Yah yah , I made it when  I was like.. 15! )

My Outlook to how I see myself on BMQ :

Hopefully I soak up as much knowledge as possible. I hope to meet alot of interesting new people and hope to come out of it with alot of good friends. I hope that we all mesh together REALLY well and REALLY fast , for we have the power of knowledge folks.. and we know that if you clam together as a team quickly , you WILL be much happier. I hope that my team mates will help me with troubles I may have , and if anyone ever needs a hand to ask me and I would never have a problem. I'd give yah the shirt off my back if that means yah won't get in crap. I hope the bigger lads know theres tiny wee ones like myself who will probably be jumping / running with ones ruck just to keep up to their big ol' legs  :) And I hope that there are others their who have the enthusiasm and drive for this course. I hope to see alot of smiles , alot of hardships , alot of teamwork and alot of personal growth. 

Thats all I can say for that now.   

A Little Bit About Who I am :

Im a fiesty little firecracker who likes to work hard. I believe in good friendships and loyatly to those who are. I believe trust is important , especially with our choice of profession. And as Springroll said for herself , you break it once you're not getting it back. I am human , and there for in the mornings Im a grump puss , but after so many hours of sleep dep you WILL notice my East Coast accent come out and WOW is it  bad! I like being the person to make those laugh and see the lighter side in a rough situation.  And I also like when people confide in me , so if yah ever need to let 'er loose and talk when you are on course , and it really doesnt matter which week , and even if you dont know me.. come have a chat.  Im far from shy so if you don't come say Hi , I will.

Thats it folks.  It would be nice to  hear some backgrounds about yourselves as well if you wish to.

Good idea Spring , thanks!

JESSO

osjesso said:
but after so many hours of sleep dep you WILL notice my East Coast accent come out and WOW is it  bad!

Well, unless theres some Newfs on course, they'll make you sound completly normal like a mainlander, an no sign of a accent :dontpanic:

MikeL said:
Well, unless theres some Newfs on course, they'll make you sound completly normal like a mainlander, an no sign of a accent :dontpanic:

Buahaha. Yah yah , Funny!

osjesso said:
A Little Bit About Who I am :

Im a fiesty little firecracker who likes to work hard. I believe in good friendships and loyatly to those who are. I believe trust is important , especially with our choice of profession. And as Springroll said for herself , you break it once you're not getting it back. I am human , and there for in the mornings Im a grump puss , but after so many hours of sleep dep you WILL notice my East Coast accent come out and WOW is it  bad! I like being the person to make those laugh and see the lighter side in a rough situation.  And I also like when people confide in me , so if yah ever need to let 'er loose and talk when you are on course , and it really doesnt matter which week , and even if you dont know me.. come have a chat.  Im far from shy so if you don't come say Hi , I will.

Thats it folks.  It would be nice to  hear some backgrounds about yourselves as well if you wish to.

Good idea Spring , thanks!
JESSO

You did a better job than I, Amy....BTW, you can call me Lisa  ;D

osjesso said:
I'd give yah the shirt off my back if that means yah won't get in crap.
If you ever take off your shirt, you'd better be wearing something appropriate underneath.  You dont need sexual harrassment charges now do ya? :rofl:

Oh good god.

I kind of forget Im female sometimes!!  :-[ Ha ha.

Josh!!!! 6 MORE DAYS MAN! YAH!! I cant WAIT! You better come find me young man or Ill start calling your name out loud. I will , don't make me! Also , we ARE in the same platoon!! Woo hoo!  As posted our platoon number is R0282E!! Woo. 28'ers ROCK.

See yah soon!

JESSO

Will be sworn in by this time next week...wooohooo

19 days til IAP begins...see you there  ;D

HL

Back