• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes

It's a nice drive to Florida.
Couldn't agree more! Lots to see, and when one isn't in a rush, I'd prefer that too

Its funny...as a kid I loved flying. Always wanted to be a pilot. I even had my Student Pilot Permit before I had my Driver's License (youngest in Alberta at the time)

Now? I think the reality has finally hit me that I'm sitting in a tube going 750mph roughly 35,000 feet above the ground...and the company that built the thing has decided to skip most of the safety inspections & has a habit of using recycled or defective parts because it's faster than waiting for a new part.

(Gotta keep 38 a month rolling off the assembly line...heaven forbid they cut back to 35 & actually did some of those inspections!)

I know flying is statistically much safer than driving, but given the option I think I'd rather drive too

I have confidence in the tech (or, at least the odds, I'm not sure). I simply got tired of being treated like cattle.

Meanwhile, in the Infantry...

Civil War Movie GIF by euronews

Couldn't agree more! Lots to see, and when one isn't in a rush, I'd prefer that too

Its funny...as a kid I loved flying. Always wanted to be a pilot. I even had my Student Pilot Permit before I had my Driver's License (youngest in Alberta at the time)

Now? I think the reality has finally hit me that I'm sitting in a tube going 750mph roughly 35,000 feet above the ground...and the company that built the thing has decided to skip most of the safety inspections & has a habit of using recycled or defective parts because it's faster than waiting for a new part.

(Gotta keep 38 a month rolling off the assembly line...heaven forbid they cut back to 35 & actually did some of those inspections!)

I know flying is statistically much safer than driving, but given the option I think I'd rather drive too
My trust and confidence in "experts" is wanting these days.

Back