• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Both partners in the military.

Miss.Meteo said:
Some RCR guys told me there was Met Techs in Pet.

Yes. They hang out at the heliport. Some used to be posted to 427 Squadron and some to 2 RCHA (for ballistic met) but they worked together when not deployed. It's probably not changed.

Miss.Meteo said:
When I am done my course in Winterpeg is it possible for me to ask to get posted in Pet?

Of course. One can always ask for anything. Anything at all.

Loachman thank you so much for all the info. My fiancé is trying to remuster...but they want him to sign a new contract (his contract expires next year!) I am not sure thought if he needs his corporals to get remustered (he has been in the army for now 3 years). In hopes that he can! But if not I will definitely ask to get posted to Petawawa.

If he is RCR (infantry), and has 36 months service, he can apply for remuster under something called LOTP.

Tell him to get his hands on CFAO 11-12 and give it a good read.  :)

Eye In The Sky said:
If he is RCR (infantry), and has 36 months service, he can apply for remuster under something called LOTP.

Tell him to get his hands on CFAO 11-12 and give it a good read.  :)

I have been looking for this information for a long time! He sent his memo last tuesday and the Sgt said he thinks his chances are very slim... But when my father remustered (years ago...) they said the same thing just to discourage him since they want to keep their RCRs.

Due to government policy, the CFAOs are no longer available to be viewed online from home. Your fiance will have to look them up on a computer at work or ask the clerks at work to print it off for him.

EITS posted an excellent breakdown of transfers and how CFAO 11-12 works WRT LOTP.  I hope this helps.

I found the best way to deal with this is one of you get posted and then you go reserves and switch to reg force once you've done your training. That is what I'm doing. Then you can either decide you still want to be reg force or maybe you don't like it as much as you thought and just want to stay reserves and by that point hopefully know some of the right people.

AVN Wife said:
stay reserves and by that point hopefully know some of the right people.

Meaning what?

Look people, it's a personal decision.  I've known many couples where the female was the one in the CF and the husband wasn't.  I've been married for over 13 year and we're both Reg F.  Hasn't caused a problem yet, despite two separated postings.

Morning!

Until now I did not really care about being posted apart... because we have both picked our #1 trade because we are both seeing this as a long time career.. but I am still curous to know what you think. He is an infantry officer and I am a signals officer. Do we have good chances of being based together?

Thank you

the_girlfriend said:
Morning!
He is an infantry officer and I am a signals officer. Do we have good chances of being based together?

Thank you

Think Petawawa, Edmonton, Valcartier and Gagetown.

Then at later dates in your careers, one of the various Area HQs or Disneyland and the various Dot.Coms.

Back