• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British parachute wings

On my mess kit I wear:

British Para wings on the right shoulder, about 2 inches down

All Arms Commando Course dagger same position on my left shoulder

Canadian wings on my left lapel above my medals

US jump wings on my right lapel in line with the Canadian wings

And finally, two stiff middle fingers ready to present to the occasional fat c@nt who tells me I can't  ;D

I do not have jump wings of any sort.  However, I have earned a British Army qualification for which there is both a British Army and a Canadian Forces badge.  On my Service Dress uniform I only wear the Canadian one.  However, on my mess kit (blue jacket), I wear the Canadian one on the left cuff, IAW Canadian dress regulations and the British one on my right cuff, IAW British Army regulations (i.e. that's where they wear it on theirs).  I have been doing this for 15 years and have been asked about it many times (great conversation starter), but challenged on it only once - by a senior army CWO.  My polite response was that when Canadian parachutists stopped wearing their British jump wings on their right shoulders, I would stop wearing my British badge on my right cuff.

Pusser said:
I do not have jump wings of any sort.  However, I have earned a British Army qualification for which there is both a British Army and a Canadian Forces badge.  On my Service Dress uniform I only wear the Canadian one.  However, on my mess kit (blue jacket), I wear the Canadian one on the left cuff, IAW Canadian dress regulations and the British one on my right cuff, IAW British Army regulations (i.e. that's where they wear it on theirs).  I have been doing this for 15 years and have been asked about it many times (great conversation starter), but challenged on it only once - by a senior army CWO.  My polite response was that when Canadian parachutists stopped wearing their British jump wings on their right shoulders, I would stop wearing my British badge on my right cuff.

Good for you, that was the proper response, in my opinion, albeit not, probably, the correct one (IAW the all important dress regs).

daftandbarmy said:
On my mess kit I wear:

British Para wings on the right shoulder, about 2 inches down

All Arms Commando Course dagger same position on my left shoulder

Canadian wings on my left lapel above my medals

US jump wings on my right lapel in line with the Canadian wings

And finally, two stiff middle fingers ready to present to the occasional fat c@nt who tells me I can't  ;D
Jungle said:
Some people are a bit uptight about the Mess Kit... with the price I paid for the suit, I wear my Brit wings where I want, which is on the right shoulder.
On the right breast, they would interfere with my US wings...

Good for you guys! Why should the U.S qual's ie. Ranger tab and SF badge be the only foreign badges worn? I can guarantee you if I'd done the Royal Marine all arms commando course I'd be wearing my commando dagger on my kit.

Pusser said:

That's a good approach, especially since there's no shortage of CA members sporting US jump wings on their mess kits.

X_para76 said:
Good for you guys! Why should the U.S qual's ie. Ranger tab and SF badge be the only foreign badges worn? I can guarantee you if I'd done the Royal Marine all arms commando course I'd be wearing my commando dagger on my kit.

But I thought you were allergic to Hats? :)

Back