• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

Mr Plow said:
CEMS Site Reference Site

So I work for a Wing, but I"m Army. So I"m guessing it now okay for me to get this rain jacket? Does it sound right before I make the "BIG STEP" at supply?

Yes - as "land element" on an Air base, we are entitled to the CEMS raingear. You do, however, have to return it when you leave.

BinRat55 said:
Yes - as "land element" on an Air base, we are entitled to the CEMS raingear. You do, however, have to return it when you leave.

Ah that's no problem. I was more thinking of safety on the airfield more then "just a cool cadpat jacket". I like to be seen, and not blown up while refueling.  ;D

See what researching these boards can do to you? Learn something new each time.

Regards,
Mr Plow

Mr Plow said:
CEMS Site Reference Site

So I work for a Wing, but I"m Army. So I"m guessing it now okay for me to get this rain jacket? Does it sound right before I make the "BIG STEP" at supply?
As things stand, the new Army rainsuit is made to be compatible with Airforce specifications.
Once the airforce has exhausted it's inventory of AF specific rainsuits, it intends to use the army rainsuit
Sooo... I would venture to say that while you are on an AF base, you'll get one of theirs & they will let you keep it when you leave... thereby reducing their inventory by "1".
Reflective strips are present on both.... they just fold away... so you can see & be seen - when you need it

Matt_Fisher said:
The material used for the waterproof/breathable 'Moisture Vapour Permeable' (MVP) layer/membrane for both the Air Force Rainsuit (jacket & trousers) and the 'Converged Rainsuit (jacket & trousers) is not Gore-Tex, or any sort of 'generic' PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), but rather is a porous polyurethane (PU) coating done by a company called Stedfast (www.stedfast.com). 

The pros of using a PU vs. a PTFE fabric is that PU has much higher durability in terms of POL/DEET contamination resistance (the pores being blocked/saturated) than a PTFE fabric.  The cons of using a PU vs. a PTFE fabric is that PU's breathability (ability to pass moisture vapour) is significantly lower than PTFE, meaning you're more likely to get wet/clammy from a buildup of perspiration condenstation when wearing a PU garment.  Also, PU fabrics tend to be cheaper to laminate/coat than PTFE, which the government also weighs its consideration upon.

LOL. I'm just surfing through here after a long absence - and notice your comments about the POL - That makes me decide to pull up the Scale of Entitlement for POL Handlers to see what they're entitled to these days because it's been a very long time since I've looked at it. Seems to me that they have to turn in their cadpat gortex and go back to the old average green kit ... (Sup Techs - ready your recall messages!!  >:D) because that's all they're entitled to according to their scale. Well, OD stuff and those cbt overboots that no longer fit over the boots we're issued.  ::)

I've deleted the scale OPIs name & number from the scale that I'm attaching below, but it's not been updated since 2006 - go figure eh? And, 2006 was the last scale mod date ... which means they took something off the scale of entitement because all the items still left on the scale "as entitled" show they last changed in 2005 - ergo it was an item that was removed from entitlment in '06.

Vern,

Could you clarify the definition of POL handlers? Is that strictly for those pumping fuel, or would that also include those working in a POL compound such as myself and my colleagues here in Edmonton? I haven't gone in to check scales in so long I almost forgot.

Chapeski said:
Vern,

Could you clarify the definition of POL handlers? Is that strictly for those pumping fuel, or would that also include those working in a POL compound such as myself and my colleagues here in Edmonton? I haven't gone in to check scales in so long I almost forgot.

POL Handlers. Loaders, Refuellers, those doing bulk loading/uploading. FARS etc. If you're working in the POL section and/or are handling POL on a daily basis or constant basis as the main function of your job, then you're POL Handling.

Refuelling your own truck once a week doesn't a POL Handler make, rather the "handling" task would be one of your daily and ongoing functions.

Thread hijack....

Vern did you happen to have seen my rucksac down in clothing  ;D Seems they shipped them back since I wasn't here for the issue.  :mad:

Now back to you regularly scheduled thread.

NFLD Sapper said:
Thread hijack....

Vern did you happen to have seen my rucksac down in clothing  ;D Seems they shipped them back since I wasn't here for the issue.  :mad:

Now back to you regularly scheduled thread.

Send an email to Moe.

I told her who you were and that you'd come looking to have it shipped back to Nfld. She knows you're the one who kept being sent to/returned from Gagetown this fall that I talked to her about. She figured you'd show up your last trip here to pick it up ... and had it waiting for you.

ArmyVern said:
POL Handlers. Loaders, Refuellers, those doing bulk loading/uploading. FARS etc. If you're working in the POL section and/or are handling POL on a daily basis or constant basis as the main function of your job, then you're POL Handling.

Thanks Vern, I'm going to send the scale to work so I can show the others and get some more kit for the compound.

ArmyVern said:
Send an email to Moe.

I told her who you were and that you'd come looking to have it shipped back to Nfld. She knows you're the one who kept being sent to/returned from Gagetown this fall that I talked to her about. She figured you'd show up your last trip here to pick it up ... and had it waiting for you.

Yeah had no down time to go over to Clothing to get it.

NFLD Sapper said:
Yeah had no down time to go over to Clothing to get it.

Well, it is exactly times like these then that it sucks that we Suppies don't "deliver" ...

>:D

ArmyVern said:
Well, it is exactly times like these then that it sucks that we Suppies don't "deliver" ...

>:D

Don't know if I could afford the delivery charge  >:D

Why don't you send it via Base TN? I"m sure there's a run from Gagetown to the Rock with a 5 ton before. Just give me a few days to check my sources.

Mr Plow said:
Why don't you send it via Base TN? I"m sure there's a run from Gagetown to the Rock with a 5 ton before. Just give me a few days to check my sources.

Uhm, yes there's a run ... when the truck is full.

Could be months. Usually weeks.

Besides, it's much cheaper to send his ruck via civ mail then it is to send a mil resource truck and driver up there carrying just it. Imagine the claim, the fuel costs, the ferry costs, the time (although I'm quite sure some of those Gagetown truckers I know would absolutey love the jammy ...)

Exclusive news:

In the next couple of days, there should be a media announcement that the Army Clothe The Soldier Converged CADPAT Rainsuit contract has been awarded. 

This is surprisingly good, considering that because of the total amount of the contract, Treasury Board had to approve the paperwork.  The latest government "vacation"  means that Treasury Board does not meet until the end of January.

There was more time than usual between bid evaluation and contract award for the exact same reason: Treasury Board does not convene during election time.

I know the question will now be:  "When will I receive my rainsuit?"...  It is too early to tell, but we should know soon.  Big quantities will be coming in 2009.

Ecco said:
Exclusive news:

In the next couple of days, there should be a media announcement that the Army Clothe The Soldier Converged CADPAT Rainsuit contract has been awarded. 

Funny I thought that it was already.

Check this out:

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/PDF/Conv_Rainsuit_e.pdf

NFLD Sapper said:
Funny I thought that it was already.
You were wrong:  http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/22851/post-742523.html#msg742523

Wonder if that'll delay CFB Kingston getting our's sometime in January.... CTS must have a time machine, because Kingston is usually a year or so behind the CMBGs for new kit.  ::)

Back