• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

X-mo-1979 said:
I gotta say the Arid rain gear came in handy a couple times as a nice windbreaker during the sandstorms and the torrent of rain in Jan.
Good piece of kit.

Excellent. It looks like we have another contender for entry into this thread:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/71767.180.html

Well done Canada and CTS!

CANFORGEN 134/09 CLS 026/09 211450Z JUL 09
DISTRIBUTION OF CONVERGED CADPAT RAINSUIT (CCR)
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: 30000-1 DLR 5-4-2 DPD CONVERGED RAINSUIT 00000937 05 MAY 09 CADPAT CONVERGED RAINSUIT (CCR) FIELDING PLAN

THE PURPOSE OF THIS CANFORGEN IS TO INFORM ALL CF PERSONNEL OF THE FIELDING OF THE NEW CLOTHE THE SOLDIER (CTS) CONVERGED CADPAT RAINSUIT (CCR). THE FIELDING PLAN CAN BE READ AT HTTP://VCDS.MIL.CA/CLS/DMCS/FILESO/DMCS-60759.PDF
THE AIR FORCE (AF) INITIALLY DEVELOPED A RAIN JACKET AND PANT ENSEMBLE USING THE WATER, MOISTURE VAPOUR PERMEABLE (WMVP) TECHNOLOGY INCORPORATING ANTI-STATIC PROPERTIES INTO THE TEXTILE TO ADDRESS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THEIR FLIGHT LINE PERSONNEL. THE CONVERGENCE WITH THE AF RAINSUIT ALLOWS THE ARMY TO OPTIMIZE THE CURRENT DESIGN WHILE ADDING MODIFICATIONS THAT INCLUDE CUSTOMIZED FIT OPTIONS, IMPROVED VENTILATION AND ADDITIONAL POCKETS. THE CCR IS AVAILABLE IN BOTH CADPAT TW AND AR MAKING IT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER IN-SERVICE COMBAT CLOTHING
THE CCR FIELDING PLAN IS A PHASED ROLL OUT WITH FULL ISSUE TO BE COMPLETED IN 3 YEARS. PLEASE REFER TO THE FIELDING PLAN FOR DETAILS ON THE DISTRIBUTION. ALL CF CLOTHING STORES ARE TO SUPPORT THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE CCR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FIELDING PLAN
ALL LAND FORCE PERSONNEL, BOTH REGULAR AND RESERVE, WILL BE ISSUED A NEW CADPAT RAINSUIT. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FIELDING PLAN, DISTRIBUTION WILL BE DONE BASED ON ENTITLEMENTS AND A DETAILED FIELDING SCHEDULE. UNITS ARE TO NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE MIXED FLEETS OF THE 2-IN-1 RAINSUIT AND THE CCR FOR UP TO THREE YEARS. THE OG-107 IS THE INTERIM RAINSUIT UNTIL EACH UNIT COMES UP IN THE FIELDING PLAN
THERE ARE TO BE NO, REPEAT NO, MODIFICATIONS TO THE NEW RAINSUIT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE REMOVAL OF THE REFLECTIVE STRIPS AND OR THE CUTTING OUT OF THE LINER
THERE WILL BE NO EXCHANGE OF AF 2-IN-ONE RAINSUITS THAT ARE CURRENTLY HELD BY ARMY PERSONNEL FOR THE CCR. IF A 2-IN-1 IS DAMAGED AND RETURNED, IT WILL BE REPLACED WITH AN OG-107 RAINSUIT UNTIL THE ENTIRE ARMY HAS RECEIVED THE CCR AND THE STOCK IS BUILT UP AS PLANNED. THE MAINTENANCE CONCEPT FOR THE CCR IS ANNEX B TO THE FIELDING PLAN. DAMAGED RAINSUITS WILL NOT BE REPLACED, THEY WILL BE REPAIRED, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MAINTENANCE PLAN
QUESTION ON THE FIELDING PLAN WITH RESPECT TO OUTCAN AND OR SMALL MISSIONS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO LCOL C.A. BRADDON, ARMY G34, VIA YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND
SIGNED LGEN A.B.LESLIE, CLS

But is there a team from CTS travelling from base to base to issue the raingear, since (obviously) we can't trust local base clothing / base supply staff to size or issue it properly?

Or does that only apply to rucksacks?

Hmmm.  Well, not to throw gas on a fire here, but I am sure the Army folks will be glad to hear they issued atleast 1 person I know at 12 Wing the new CCR.  I had assumed that the Air Force has issued out all of its 2-in-1 suits and was now giving out the CCR. 

You'll be even happier to know he is a 500-series type on PAT until sometimes in '10.

Eye In The Sky said:
Hmmm.  Well, not to throw gas on a fire here, but I am sure the Army folks will be glad to hear they issued atleast 1 person I know at 12 Wing the new CCR.  I had assumed that the Air Force has issued out all of its 2-in-1 suits and was now giving out the CCR. 

You'll be even happier to know he is a 500-series type on PAT until sometimes in '10.

Well, it is a converged design so it kind of makes sense the the AF is issuing new AF folks with the CCR, right?  ;)

The new raingear is outstanding.  I've worn it for weeks in different environments - all you need is a puffy-jacket and you can pretty much ditch the ICE Jacket.

However, I've seen 3 versions - my original (Gen 2?) with sleeve pockets and name velcro got wrecked in the turret and suffered a zipper blow-out.  I take it back and get one with no pockets or velcro.  I now see there is one with pockets and expanded velcro for tactical patches such as IR reflectors.

Nice.  Too bad I'll have to wait three years to get it, not being at an operational unit.  Clothing Stores here doesn't give much credence to being "high readiness".

::)

Good2Golf said:
Well, it is a converged design so it kind of makes sense the the AF is issuing new AF folks with the CCR, right?  ;)

He's not new, just a re-tread.  I didn't think the AF would be out of stock of the 2-in-1 at this point I guess.  But, more to the point...the green guys have to wait to get it while a tech sitting in the student lounge most of the time gets it.

:blotto:

Eye In The Sky said:
But, more to the point...the green guys have to wait to get it while a tech sitting in the student lounge most of the time gets it.

:blotto:

Sounds like the Army's issue then; it's not the new tech's fault, nor is it the Air Force's fault for gearing up their folks.

Lift it up a few levels and you could re-phrase your sentence: "More to the point, the Army prioritizes the personal kit issue lower than the Air Force so a soldier has to wait for the kit, while even a relatively new (to a trade) Air Force airman gets the gear on initial issue."  ;)

Cheers
G2G

Got to love Gagetown all the schools and LFAATC Staff are entitled to the CCR gear except Reserve staff at CFSME.

The Armd School just got the issue.  Mines still in the bag.  Hey look....its gonna rain!

I'm in the molitttiiaa.....I can expect mine just in time for me to retire!! ;)

ajp said:
The Armd School just got the issue.  Mines still in the bag.  Hey look....its gonna rain!

Hmm.... don't I know you from somewhere?

ajp said:

It doesn't rain in the halls of the School does it?  Last I heard, the only "field" you've seen was of the U-Pick variety...

;D

Eye In The Sky said:
That works for me.  8)

Go Air Force!  ;D

...well, some part of the Air Force, anyway!  ;)

NFLD Sapper said:
Got to love Gagetown all the schools and LFAATC Staff are entitled to the CCR gear except Reserve staff at CFSME.

Reserve staff are augmentees, not part of the school proper.  It would be the same for a Reg F member sent on a TD tasking to the school - no entitlement through the school.

As I recall, LFAA units are at the end of the list... so buy a CADPAT umbrella while you're waiting...

NFLD Sapper said:

Suck it up.  I have 2 sets at the moment  ;D

NL_engineer said:
Suck it up.  I have 2 sets at the moment  ;D

Lord tunnerin' jeez dare bye....you Newf Cbt Engrs are a tough lot on each other! :warstory:

Good2Golf said:
Lord tunnerin' jeez dare bye....you Newf Cbt Engrs are a tough lot on each other! :warstory:

but...........  he started it .........................

;D

Back