• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAN Enhanced (Permanent?) Fwd Presence in Latvia

I think we assume we respond to their build up in kind. We watched them build up for Ukraine for months, I assume they’ll need similar time for a war with NATO.
Okay. But they will also watch our build-up. We cannot assume they will passively watch our build-up, and we must be prepared that they will use leather means to interdict that build-up. Theatre ingress must be tactical operation. This will be the most vulnerable moment for the LIB.

Who says the LIB needs to fly into Latvia?

It could fly into Spain or France or Norway or any of a dozen much safer places and take buses or a train over as long as their equipment and supplies are prepositioned.
Planning to administratively drive through the Suwałki Gap in highway busses is probably also a bad plan. Russia can interdict that with fires. The LIB’s kit will be in Latvia so it cannot operate tactically until it is in Latvia. Someone needs to tactically deliver that LIB into Latvia, because assuming Russia will allow us space to administratively build-up is setting conditions for catastrophic loss before the line of departure.

Okay. But they will also watch our build-up. We cannot assume they will passively watch our build-up, and we must be prepared that they will use leather means to interdict that build-up. Theatre ingress must be tactical operation. This will be the most vulnerable moment for the LIB.

Planning to administratively drive through the Suwałki Gap in highway busses is probably also a bad plan. Russia can interdict that with fires. The LIB’s kit will be in Latvia so it cannot operate tactically until it is in Latvia. Someone needs to tactically deliver that LIB into Latvia, because assuming Russia will allow us space to administratively build-up is setting conditions for catastrophic loss before the line of departure.

200.gif
200.gif

I assume these are slower than you desire for a LIB ?

Back