• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can you say Addicted?!

navymich

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Thanks Mike!  (and yes, there may be some sarcasm in there  ;) )

I haven't been on the site here for awhile.  Drifted away while I was on tour and just never picked up where I left off.  That is until I saw your wall posts about increasing in rank in the game.  Had to check it out.  Luckily I had amassed lots of MP.  But now that those 12000+ points are gone, you have suckered me into coming back to the forum.  Have to keep up with my addiction somehow!

Lots of work that you've put into this, just like you do with the site.  Thank you (no sarcasm here!) for your time and effort in all of this work.  In case you don't get told enough, it is appreciated.

Mich

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I'm glad it helped to draw you back to the site. :)

Yes, Mike and Evil Facebook Afghan Operations people...thanks for helping me wile away yet more of my limited but useless hours.... ::)
;D

Surely, I jest...
Yes, and don't call me Shirley~~~

I'm hooked.....alarm clock has been set early enough now that I can hit it up before heading in to work.

Very important on Tuesday as I'm duty, and can't view AO on the SHIPLAN machine on the bateau, and I'm almost half-way to the 30 day medal!

NS

Yeah.. 2 day course away from home managed to mess that up for me. 

I'm not one for internet games usually... but this one has hooked me.

Guess that is why I stay away from internet games.

Yep, I am seriously addicted as well. I wish the game was more fast paced especially near the beginning. Have you ever thought of advertising the game on facebook? This could generate a lot more income especially being such a good application in comparison to others. (Zynga Games or Bull Dog such as Mafia Wars, World at War etc are crap compared to this game but this game needs to be more "new person" friendly and faster I think to market really well)

Thanks guys. It warms my heart to hear that I've created a life-interrupting addiction. ;)

SevenSixTwo, I think your advice is good... I've been trying to find ways to make the game more accessible as I know it's not necessarily going to be a hit with everyone. I probably won't pour much time/money into general advertising until I make some improvements there.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Thanks guys. It warms my heart to hear that I've created a life-interrupting addiction. ;)

Usually what follows after that is the frivolous lawsuits from people who get too addicted and blame you.  :)

In reality though there are some really interesting and sad cases about people who got so addicted to Zynga games, especially farmvillle that they spent thousands of dollars to purchase money/credits or whatever it was to enhance their game while spending days online.

Thank god at the current pace we can't get that side tracked.... except PuckChaser (level 63)    >:D

http://nowtnews.com/05625/farmville-joins-list-of-internet-addictions/
Devotion to Farmville can, however, rage out of control. In the two cases that informed the Farmville warning, women showed all the signs and symptoms of addiction. They frequently went without regular meals and sleep, “working” on their farms for up to thirty-six hours at a time. The two women neglected their home and family responsibilities, and both abused their credit cards to purchase equipment and accessories for their virtual farms. Although Farmville costs nothing and users may accumulate virtual dollars for expanding and improving their farms, Zynga does allow users to pay cash for funds that rapidly accelerate the pace and intensity of play. In both cases, the women sought help for their habits only after their families intervened and forced them to acknowledge they had problems. 

It's a good thing that the DIN blocks Facebook, lest the army would ground to a halt.

JesseWZ said:
It's a good thing that the DIN blocks Facebook, lest the army would ground to a halt.

I can get on to facebook on the DWAN, have been able to for a year or so now.  It doesn't let you into all of the games though, many are dependent on what version of flash you have.  I can actually open AO but it simply lists everything under each tab with no option to click any areas to do anything.

Mich, can you send me a screenshot? I might (maybe) be able to do something about that...

I'm hooked. 

I've got my java and baileys (it IS Saturday....) and am sitting here doing AO first, before I even get to Gunnutz....that says a lot!

NS

Mike Bobbitt said:
Mich, can you send me a screenshot? I might (maybe) be able to do something about that...

Hey Mike.  I took a couple of screenshots but left them at work.  Will get them to you on Tuesday.

Sitting at 22 CR and need to get to 110 for my next Int trade-in.  Yes, I know it's going to take awhile and yes, I know I could actually be doing something productive (homework and chores come to mind!) but do I?  Noooo.  Let's sit and figure out what medal is coming close next and how many points I need for this and that.

Have I said thanks yet Mike??  ::)

Well I have good news and bad news: I made some real progress today on that next feature I've been hinting about. I'm hoping to have it completed and tested  in about a week... and it probably won't cut down on your time wasted. ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Well I have good news and bad news: I made some real progress today on that next feature I've been hinting about. I'm hoping to have it completed and tested  in about a week... and it probably won't cut down on your time wasted. ;)

Give us a hint? ;-)

It's a way to earn MilPoints in the game.

Back