• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Centurion tank

You need a better tac sign stencil. Also I'd cut back a bit on the surface area that the brown bit in the middle covers. But that's just me.

Good work. Makes me want to get back to my own modeling.

🍻
I basically want to have my colors as perfect as I can get them for when my 1/16 scale m113 and Centurion come, as well as an airbrush so I don't have these messy brush strokes
 
I shouldn't be talking as I had set aside both my model railroad and working on military miniatures for almost 30 years and just got back into both hobbies. And yes that means that I'm using a lot of thirty-year-old cans and bottles of paint. I tend to weather my kits so there is an underlying need to get the colours close to right but not exact because in real life they only were that way when they came out of the paint shop. After that they fade and are scoured by trees and bushes and stand at varying levels of dust and dirt and grime and hand-painted touch ups.

When it comes to tac signs its almost impossible to hand paint those. In real life they are always stencilled so they are pretty uniform and "crisp." I've found the only way to replicate that is with a good decal set - Microscale is a good line for that.

🍻
 
I shouldn't be talking as I had set aside both my model railroad and working on military miniatures for almost 30 years and just got back into both hobbies. And yes that means that I'm using a lot of thirty-year-old cans and bottles of paint. I tend to weather my kits so there is an underlying need to get the colours close to right but not exact because in real life they only were that way when they came out of the paint shop. After that they fade and are scoured by trees and bushes and stand at varying levels of dust and dirt and grime and hand-painted touch ups.

When it comes to tac signs its almost impossible to hand paint those. In real life they are always stencilled so they are pretty uniform and "crisp." I've found the only way to replicate that is with a good decal set - Microscale is a good line for that.

🍻
Unless you are talking BATUS, then the Tac Sign are all different. Just google "BATUS Landrovers" to see what I mean. Likely painted by some hungover Squaddie on extras thanks to the previous night on the town...
59dcda1a13483_batus65Dredtop.jpg.a19a7ab2eaa264c57db641cf34b28156.jpg

3771840128_5a481096ea_b.jpg
 
Unless you are talking BATUS, then the Tac Sign are all different. Just google "BATUS Landrovers" to see what I mean. Likely painted by some hungover Squaddie on extras thanks to the previous night on the town...
59dcda1a13483_batus65Dredtop.jpg.a19a7ab2eaa264c57db641cf34b28156.jpg

3771840128_5a481096ea_b.jpg
Nope. You can tell by the small black lines that they used stencils for those numbers. Hard to tell if they brushed or sprayed over those but the numbers are all uniform for height, width etc. Hard to achieve that freehand on a model.

🍻
 
Nope. You can tell by the small black lines that they used stencils for those numbers. Hard to tell if they brushed or sprayed over those but the numbers are all uniform for height, width etc. Hard to achieve that freehand on a model.

🍻
They changed stencils all the time, lets just say some people had a better grasp of art, than others.. I found multiple callsigns on my truck all different sizes as I sanded down the years of paint.
 
Back
Top