• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

Hatchet Man pretty much summed it up in their post.

If you indicated on your application or during any interview, that you had previous written any type of CF entry exam (ie; GC2, GC3, Classification Battery or CFAT), then your CFRC is obligated to try and obtain those test scores.

If they can pull those scores, then it's subject to review as to whether or not you need to rewrite the current CFAT.  Seems to be based on circumstance, so there is no real set answer that can be given.

So just go with the flow........but on a personal note!  You should start studying as though you have to write the exam.  It never hurts to be prepared.......

Hatchet Man said:
And to the other two (and anyone else who reads this),  if you don't actually have INSIGHT into WHY a decision may have been made, we generally prefer your refrain from posting for the sake of posting.

Just making an observation based on my own experiences which seemed similar to the other poster's experiences. Wasn't drawing any conclusions, just sharing a similar situation. Sorry if the posting was out of line.

Hello,

I need to know how many questions per section are there in the test ?

They provide an example of a test. They tell that there wil be "MORE" questions. I want to know the exact number or at least the average and or maximum number of questions per section.

Thank you very much

The number of questions per section and amount of time can be found at the forces.ca website on Step 3 of the apply now section.  Please ensure you research and read all sections pertaining to applying.

Additional information regarding CFAT can be found on this form under FAQs

CFAT Testing Format

Sky-Dreamer said:
Hello,

I need to know how many questions per section are there in the test ?

They provide an example of a test. They tell that there wil be "MORE" questions. I want to know the exact number or at least the average and or maximum number of questions per section.

Thank you very much

Technically we agree to a confidentiality statement prior (or after) the test so no one should be able to disclose anything about it other than personal opinion of a broad spectrum...

As P.O.2 Garry stated:
Petty Officer 2nd Class Garry said:
The number of questions per section and amount of time can be found at the forces.ca website on Step 3 of the apply now section.  Please ensure you research and read all sections pertaining to applying.

Additional information regarding CFAT can be found on this form under FAQs

CFAT Testing Format

This ^

Use those little clicky click fingers and do some research. Most everything you do in the process is considered to be a confidential point and should not be disclosed unless otherwise instructed.

I believe it's the content of the CFAT as opposed to the structure that needs to be kept confidential.

I did a Google search and found an article in RES MILITARIS, a European Journal of Military Studies.  (Note to Mods: This site is on the open internet)

Take a gander at the articles in Vol. 2, n° 3, Summer - Été 2012

The answer is in one of them.  :nod:

The CFAT example is 100% accurate; in another dimension.

Imagine the real deal having trickier shapes, longer words, and bigger numbers, while being timed.

Harder, bigger, longer, faster.

I passed my aptitude test for the jobs I applyed for but just barley will I ever get a job offer? My file manager said I passed the test to meet the standards for combat engenieer and infintry. But also said I just passed so do that mean I'll never get a job offer? Has anyone else had similar situations?

There's always a chance if you meet the requirements, but from my understanding, it will depend on how many people want the same job, how many jobs are available and how well the others do.

spencerd10 said:
Thank you for the reply and yes I made the requirements I guess its just waiting game then.

They told me I scored respectively but if I hadn't they would've brought me in to talk about maybe choosing other trades that I'm more competitive for. Give them a phone call and talk about other trades if they don't think you'll get in with your scores or possibly rewrite your CFAT.

Wow yeah and I've already done my medical and stuff just waiting on a interview but its been awhile since I have herd anything.

Did my app test about a year ago and medical shortly after that. Just went and rewrote my app test again today. When I wrote it the first time I passed it but with a even worse mark then what I got today but I still passed the first time also.

Word of warning, if you choose to re-wrote the CFAT and you get a worse score, they do not let you use the previous one with the higher score, it is the results that are most current.

Yes I knew that and my most recent one he did say was a better mark not by much but it was better.

So you have written the test twice already? Pretty sure for a third chance you need to prove you are either in college or university and not failing your courses.

spencerd10 said:
Yes I knew that and my most recent one he did say was a better mark not by much but it was better.

Risky haha but congratulations on the better mark. Hopefully the process speeds up for you a bit.

Yeah so my mark went up but I just want to know if I'll ever be even looked at for a job offer. Or will my file just close after the year.

Back