• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian peacekeeper gear...

Doesn't get in the way at all, and yes it's on the outside, whether you shoot left or right handed. 

Jinxed said:
Doesn't get in the way at all, and yes it's on the outside, whether you shoot left or right handed.  
I figured that much, It just looked like it might somehow.

Thanks anyways :)

I never go into the field with out the rifle mag pouch, the only problem I have had with it was that it does not fit in the Millcotts rifle rack to well.

There old NBC bags were really good, I used it on every ex for the past 2 years, and even though I have the new small pack (got it a few weeks ago) I will probably still use it.

The CP first generation hydro pack, I have is good for some things, but not others. It sucks for drivers, if you are required to leave on your TV, or if you try to put it under the TV, or attach it to it. It was really good with the old webbing though.

The old GPS/FRS pouch: I have had it since my 5's course, and I never was able to make use of it until last summer when i used it on my TV to hold an FRS radio; and have did not have a problem with it, the new ones, look to be a pain, because they can not be attached with out those clips.

The Mag-Light pouch is junk, too small, and what is the point of that front pocket.

As for most of there new stuff, I can not see how it can be used to help rather then hinder the user, in my opinion most of there new kit is geared to the civi paint-baller that wants to impress his friends with cadpat.

I just got the newer Hydro Pack (#1) with the MOLLE webbing on the outside and I love it! The only thing I would add is D-rings on the shoulder straps (similar to the Camelbak). Right now I've got a TT utility pouch attached to the back and it looks hot.

check out www.soldier-gear.ca for cadpat field kit items that cost at least 1/2 of what the other on line kitshops are charging ( especially peacekeeper).
I thought at first the quality would be terrible due to their "low " prices but its amazing....
I had a friend big in the paint ball industry put me onto these guys, and I'm serious....I havent been disappointed yet!

The quality of that kit is not sufficient for field use, or any other use beyond carrying books to school.  It's cut-price kit shop soldier bait.  Stay away.

x2

Everyone I've talked to who got issued an Avenger bag while in Bosnia said it sucks 4$$. A remake in wannabe CADPAT can't be much better.

I have a gear bag and the internal frame pack.....I'm not sure how that compares to the " real issued kit " that soldiers get , but I think the stuff is awsome. Can anyone tell me how you know if this stuff is "field tested" and is it worth the difference in money?

I also have a question regarding the CPGear kit. Does anyone have experience with the Alamar #1 Pack and can tell me if it is a worthy investment as a pack? I am looking for something that can hold enough for a weekend and won't kill my back either from having to carry it around.

:)
Dano said:
I got my order of 1 Gerber pouch, 1 order of Nylon strips and a Name tape.

The Gerber pouch is very nice, except for the fact they put the product tag inside the pouch so it is difficult to insert the Gerber. I just cut mine out.
The nylon strips are good. Decent amount. The CADPAT seems a little melted or smeared not too noticeable. The OD strips are great.

Also, I received the order very quickly. Ordered on Sunday, received Thursday morning.

Why on earth would you spend money on pieces of fabric in a bag?

Old OD t-shirt, CAD-PAT personal cam net, the old style thermals = SCRIM.... and the price is right too....

if you want to play dirty, you can pull the sand traps out of your pants before exchanging them...

I have been buying stuff from this company when it was called RUGGID, and before cordura, when things were canvas. Over 20 yrs, always good quality, good prompt service, and never a problem.

Wes

Back