• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

On the advice of the girl working at the Canex in Trenton, I hung mine on the rear view mirror. Apparently, some fools keep pinching them off peoples cars.

Sad really.

On a side note, while I was driving past CFB Trenton today, my daughter and I paid our respects to Cpl. Kevin Megeney, who had just arrived.

Rest in Peace Kevin. :cdn:

Canex in Esquimalt has those static window cling ones also, in 3 Colours TW Cadpat AR Cadpat and Yellow as well as the vast array of other "kit" they've come out wife, my house is an advertisement, lawn sign, magnets, stickers, ball caps, t-shirts and the like.

Well I had my Cadpat ribbon stolen recently... while parked in front of a PMQ on base. Give me a break...

Now to find time to drive out to the canex to buy another.

I finally spotted a magnetic sign in Winniipeg - right down the street from where I live!

AND I left it where it is.

This time of year in Winnipeg its covered with mud.

:cdn:
Hawk

211RadOp said:
CANEX or an MFRC are the best bet. Giant Tiger has red ones.

The Red ones from Giant Tiger do not last very long. They fade and crack before you know it.

Rebecca

I was in the Sears in the Eaton Centre in Toronto and they are now selling support the troops stuff. They had a big display at the main entrance. They only  had two items for sale, the Red T-shirts with the Yellow Ribbon and the Black Ball Caps. It's a start though. Not sure if other Sears Canada stores have them.

Edit to fix typos

Hawk said:
"Round her neck she wore a yellow ribbon
She wore it in the springtime and in the month of May
And if you asked her why the h*** she wore it
She wore it for her gunner in the RCA."

Sounds almost like the theme song from this John Wayne classic:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0041866/

Except "RCA" is replaced by "cavalry".

RangerRay said:
Sounds almost like the theme song from this John Wayne classic:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0041866/

Except "RCA" is replaced by "cavalry".

The song has been around a long time, and variations for different regiments, corps etc do exist. I even remember singing it in Cadets over 30 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_ribbon

The John Wayne classic is a distinct possibility, as the movie is from 1949-after the war. Any unit/corps could be substituted. Its a fun song, from a ---dificult---time.

Further verses- "Behind the door her father kept a shotgun...etc", and "Around the block she pushed a baby carriage ...etc"

Different times.

:cdn:
Hawk

Danjanou said:
I was in the Sears in the Eaton Centre in Toronto and they are now selling support the troops stuff. They had a big display at the main entrance. They only  had two items for sale, the Red T-shirts with the Yellow Ribbon and the Black Ball Caps. It's a start though. Not sure if other Sears Canada stores have them.

Edit to fix typos

"Canadians wanting to support the troops now have another option. CANEX, a division of the Canadian Forces Personnel Support Agency (CFPSA), has coordinated with Sears Canada to provide official “Support Our Troops” (SOT) merchandise in Sears Canada retail stores across the country."

Full Story: http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2223

well the D9er must have seen the sears display. I now have a new red T-shirt to wear on Fridays.

That looks like a sweet indea u got there..id diffently but a load of them. Im going to buy the yellow banners today.

Pte Quilty said:
That looks like a sweet indea u got there..id diffently but a load of them. Im going to buy the yellow banners today.

Last warning on the MSN speak.......

Hi everybody,

I just got a new shipment of magnets in if anyone still wants them.  It took alot longer to get them this time than expected.

Cplwife

Cplwife,
You mentioned in an earlier post that you were working on a commerative magnet featuring the fallen soldiers. Any word on if that will still happen? I'd be very interested in some of those.

cplwife said:
Hi everybody,

I just got a new shipment of magnets in if anyone still wants them.  It took alot longer to get them this time than expected.

Cplwife

Well at least you got your's. I ordered from them back in Feb, they charged my ccard on the 3rd of Mar, and I've received nothing. I got them on the phone once. Said they moved to a different city. They stated a new order was on the way. Nada, nothing. Won't answer the phone, return calls & emails to both their addresses go unanswered. I think I've lost my money.

I would not recommend dealing with these guys anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with them.  I believe that this will be my last order anyways, but thanks for the tips.

As for the commemerative magnets, still working on perfecting the design for them, trying not to be abrasive with the wording on them.

recceguy said:
Well at least you got your's. I ordered from them back in Feb, they charged my ccard on the 3rd of Mar, and I've received nothing. I got them on the phone once. Said they moved to a different city. They stated a new order was on the way. Nada, nothing. Won't answer the phone, return calls & emails to both their addresses go unanswered. I think I've lost my money.

I would not recommend dealing with these guys anymore.

Start a complaint with your credit card company, tell them that you haven't received the item eventhough you got charged for it.

Back