• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Caps vs. Hats

Caps vs. Hats?

• Everyone should wear caps.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Everyone should wear hats.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Men should wear caps, women should wear hats.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

DirtOnMyBoots

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way but I don't see why men and women have different hats. Personally, I think everyone should wear the caps because it's iconic and instantly identifiable as someone of authority. Maybe I'm alone in this but I think the women's hats look silly. If you don't know what I'm talking about go to the link below:

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/pub/ins-265/dhh_dress_instr_adh265000_ag001-19Sep16-eng.pdf

And find (a) page 61, (b) Figure 3-2-3 or (c) page 3-2-8, depending which is easiest to find.

Thoughts?
Ronni

This is only a Navy problem.....It has been abandoned in the Royal Canadian Air Force in favour of the wedge cap. It has also been eliminated from the Canadian Army in favour of the beret, with two exceptions. General officers wearing army uniform can wear either a beret or a peaked cap with service dress. Royal Canadian Infantry Corps members of foot guards units such as the Canadian Grenadier Guards wear the bearskin cap with full dress but the peaked cap with undress and service dress.

Females in the RCN now have the choice have either the peak cap or bowler.

I have been told that the bowler better accommodates hair in a bun than the forage cap.  Having never worn either, and not having enough hair to put into a bun, I have no first hand knowledge.

Wow now I feel kind of silly. I'm looking through the Dress Instructions and it doesn't say anything about a choice so that's great to know, thanks everyone!

DirtOnMyBoots said:
Wow now I feel kind of silly. I'm looking through the Dress Instructions and it doesn't say anything about a choice so that's great to know, thanks everyone!

There was a NAVGEN prior to Christmas, I'll post it later today.

As promised;

UNCLAS RCN 047/16
SIC WAC
SUBJ: FEMALE NAVAL SERVICE CAP
REF: A. NAVAL DRESS COMMITTEE (NDC) MEETING 1/16 RDIMS 385535
B. NAVORD 5250-0, DRESS REGULATIONS
C. NAVORD 5250-1, NAVAL DRESS COMMITTEE
D. NAVORD 5250-2, PERSONAL APPEARANCE
1. THE FOLLOWING CLOTHING UPDATE IS PROVIDED AS DIRECTION AND
GUIDANCE FOR THOSE WHO WEAR THE NAVAL UNIFORM
2. NAVAL SERVICE CAP: CURRENTLY THERE ARE TWO STYLES OF DEU
HEADDRESS FOR RCN PERSONNEL, THE PEAKED CAP (MALE) AND THE BOWLER
(FEMALE). FEMALE PERSONNEL WILL CONTINUE TO BE ISSUED THE BOWLER ON
INITIAL UNIFORM ISSUE, HOWEVER, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, WOMEN NOW
HAVE THE OPTION OF ORDERING A PEAK CAP THROUGH LOGISTICS UNICORP
USING POINTS ALLOCATIONS
3. QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS INITIATIVE MAYBE DIRECTED TO CPO1
MCCREA, D NAV P T 2-7, AT 613-971-7594
UNCLAS
UNCLAS
02 02 UUUU RCN 047/16
END OF ENGLISH TEXT/FIN DU TEXTE ANGLAIS

DirtOnMyBoots said:
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way but I don't see why men and women have different hats.

See also,

Desexualized clothing instructions fail for gender specific directions 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/124262.0
4 pages.

mariomike said:
See also,

Desexualized clothing instructions fail for gender specific directions 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/124262.0
4 pages.
Any word on latest scuttlebutt that all army officers may be issued forage caps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketRichard said:
Any word on latest scuttlebutt that all army officers may be issued forage caps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that GOFOs and their attendant CWOs only.

ModlrMike said:

Well, we all know how historically fashion tends to stream down from the higher classes...  >:D

ModlrMike said:

Regardless of sex.  My only question is:

How come we had to go with the man's cap instead of the females?  >:D

Men look too weird in the girls?  Well, vice versa!!  they already put us into male tunics that guarantee there is no way my medals are properly lined up when straight with the pocket etc etc ...  JUST WHY?

ArmyVern said:

Men look too weird in the girls?  Well, vice versa!!  they already put us into male tunics that guarantee there is no way my medals are properly lined up when straight with the pocket etc etc ...  JUST WHY?

Here are a few "unisex" COAs then:

e7dbadb62D32362D489a2D9d092D798270b7bfddPictu9.jpg

British-Royal-Marines-White-Wolseley-Sun-Pith-Helmet.jpg

latest

:D

ArmyVern said:

Heretic!!!

How dare you infer that there is difference between the sexes!!!! ;D

Back