• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF 100 : Leave Pass [Merged]

SharePoint can do all that out of the box and free under the terms of MS DND contract. And no need for 30 Majors and contractors to design it for millions of dollars. Be careful to whom you advertise your black money hole of 20th century programming.

Hi I have searched the forums, CANFORGEN and policies but I still don't understand what type of leave a stat holiday is. I am going on leave for the Thanksgiving weekend including the holiday Monday.

I would like to know how exactly I include that Monday into my CF100 under type of leave because it should not count as annual.

Thanks

The reference is the Leave Manual

An example below if you were taking Friday to Monday off, with an annual:

01 day Annual Oct 9, 2015
02 day Weekend
01 day Stat Oct 12, 2015

mattd42 said:
Hi I have searched the forums, CANFORGEN and policies but I still don't understand what type of leave a stat holiday is. I am going on leave for the Thanksgiving weekend including the holiday Monday.

I would like to know how exactly I include that Monday into my CF100 under type of leave because it should not count as annual.

Thanks

???

You seriously do not know what a Statutory Holiday is?

Your unit will have the dates laid out for your Leave Period, if you don't already know.  As for what it is on your CF 100; it is "Statutory Holiday" in the drop down menu for "Type".

mattd42 said:

Thanks

I thought all the kids were down with the abbrevs these days...

Even Google knows wtf a "stat holiday" is. It returned over 20 million results in 0.56 seconds.

Jesus wept.

If you are doing a Monitor Mass leave pass (which I thought was the CAF-wide standard) IIRC it put the leave type in for you if it is a stat holiday.

Eye In The Sky said:
If you are doing a Monitor Mass leave pass (which I thought was the CAF-wide standard) IIRC it put the leave type in for you if it is a stat holiday.

Monitor Mass?  What's that, some new app from Chaplain Branch to cut down on the need to have base chapels?  Those who want to can just log in and watch it from their computer. 

Schindler's Lift said:
Monitor Mass?  What's that, some new app from Chaplain Branch to cut down on the need to have base chapels?  Those who want to can just log in and watch it from their computer.

da_dum_tss-47-650x650.jpg

....oh, and you are also going to incur the wrath of the MMmmmmmmafia for that irreverent post!  :warstory:

I... I... Oh my.

I have used MM for quite some time now, but that is a good question to those highly entertained readers of this thread... Don't we ALL use MM? I mean, I haven't seen a CF100 dripping in ink in 5 years or more...

BinRat55 said:
Don't we ALL use MM?

Nope.  While my last unit - a ship - had a single(!) computer with MM access, our systems do not have the bandwidth to handle MM at sea.  So there are still lots of paper leave passes in the system.  I don't think I have ever filled out a leave opass on MM now that I think about it.  I hand it into a clerk ashore who probably enters it into MM...

I have an Excel version that works just fine.

BinRat55 said:
I... I... Oh my.

I have used MM for quite some time now, but that is a good question to those highly entertained readers of this thread... Don't we ALL use MM? I mean, I haven't seen a CF100 dripping in ink in 5 years or more...

The only ink I've ever seen on one is where the signature goes.  I've been in since 86 and other than hearing people talk about this Monitor Mass if which you speak I've never seen it or tried to log in.  My pers just pull up the Adobe version of the CF100, fill it in, hit print, sign and that's it.  What ever my clerks do with it is another thing.

^ this.  :nod:

Where MM reasonably integrates, it's a reasonable tool.

Where it doesn't, the PDF template works just fine...including the 'STATUTORY' option in the leave type drop down menu... ;)

Schindler's Lift said:
The only ink I've ever seen on one is where the signature goes.  I've been in since 86 and other than hearing people talk about this Monitor Mass if which you speak I've never seen it or tried to log in.  My pers just pull up the Adobe version of the CF100, fill it in, hit print, sign and that's it.  What ever my clerks do with it is another thing.

We are quite religious about it here in GTown (I should qualify that statement by saying "in every unit with which I have served in GTown") and I am a believer. There are things to work out, but if used correctly, and if everyone is using it, it will work. I have impressed a few higher ups with the analytic function!

It's no good if you can't get on a computer. Not everyone has an office or daily access. You can put the .pdf on your home computer and use it.

recceguy said:
It's no good if you can't get on a computer. Not everyone has an office or daily access. You can put the .pdf on your home computer and use it.

Or have a stack of printed blanks for those occasions in the Field, when there is not access to DWAN.

George Wallace said:
Or have a stack of printed blanks for those occasions in the Field, when there is not access to DWAN.

No spell check. They'd be littered with mistakes :nod:

Monitor Mass is a user program and the clerks do not enter the leave there.  We have the official record system, HRMS (Peoplesoft), that we enter it into.  If you come to me to enter your leave in MM, Unless you ask nicely and provide coffee I am telling you to go pound sand.

MM really is a good program if you are able to use it. Contains almost all the information you need on your members so when you need to know something it is there (or will be if you maintain it).

My unit, MM leave passes are required.  If it doesn't have the watermark on it, you'll likely be told to go do it in MM like our SOPs state.  it's done up there, you "add" the leave to your Outook calendar, print it off and take it to be ops-checked.

Different strokes for different folks...

Back