• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Senator Victor Oh is another tool of the CCP, appointed to the Senate by PM Harper. Poilievre’s response to his proposed “foundation” to fund lawfare activities against the journalists reporting on Beijing’s interference is very disappointing, but sadly not surprising.

Senator Victor Oh is another tool of the CCP, appointed to the Senate by PM Harper. Poilievre’s response to his proposed “foundation” to fund lawfare activities against the journalists reporting on Beijing’s interference is very disappointing, but sadly not surprising.

Not sure I understand. You're disappointed that he says he DOESN'T support Senator's Oh idea of funding legal action against reporters?

Not sure I understand. You're disappointed that he says he DOESN'T support Senator's Oh idea of funding legal action against reporters?
Sorry I should’ve been more clear.

I’m disappointed that Poilievre just “distanced” himself from what Oh was saying rather than taking more forceful action like bouncing him from caucus. At the very least, he could have strongly denounced his senator’s statements and put him in the penalty box. Instead, he sort of shrugged through a spokesperson and said “Yeah not on board with that”.

Last edited:
Ka-BOOM!

Ottawa has known since December 2015 that Beijing’s covert repatriations were escalating in Canada, yet Justin Trudeau’s administration ignored urgent recommendations from CSIS to organize an “all-of-government-effort” against China’s secret police intrusions, according to a June 2019 national security report.

The Meta FB Google fiasco - that is a distraction from the China issue. Pablo and Justin are trying to look strong in the face of multi national corporations make them look good to some.

Too bad they don't have the cojones to stand up to China....

The Meta FB Google fiasco - that is a distraction from the China issue. Pablo and Justin are trying to look strong in the face of multi national corporations make them look good to some.

Hard to stand up to someone when you let you hand them your integrity and scruples on a silver platter in exchange for money, power, and influence.

All part of China's playbook, but I would have hoped our politicos were above the kind of behaviour seen in Third World Banana Republics.

And Trudeau finally moves on from blaming Harper for all the problems with China.

Now it’s officially Poilievre’s fault…

So... when do we, as a society, recognize our current sitting elected government is acting against the interests of this nation?

That's the problem. Enough people agree with this sitting government and what it sees as interests to this nation... Or post national state...

That's the problem. Enough people agree with this sitting government and what it sees as interests to this nation... Or post national state...

I agree that enough people agree with this government, but I don't think they have a fulsome understanding of what that means. And you can thank the fourth estate for that less then fulsome understanding.

I agree that enough people agree with this government, but I don't think they have a fulsome understanding of what that means. And you can thank the fourth estate for that less then fulsome understanding.
It’s because of the Fourth Estate that we know about all this. They have been breaking the stories and criticizing the government on this issue.

The CBC on the other hand continue to run interference for the government on this issue.

Do they though. The last two elections were pretty close, one has to wonder if it wasn't for the Chinese interference would we have a different government.

Reactions: QV
Heading back to China and Taiwan -

A great current video on the situation around Taiwan
The one thing that is not discussed is the USMC posture - but there is reference to the importance of shore based Tomahawks and Cruise Missiles as well as the political situation in the Philippines

China and Toronto’s new mayor…

View attachment 78743
Other than her heritage, I don’t see how this helps China. Chow has been reasonably outspoken against CCP activities in Hong Kong. Unless, it is just flex for flex sake?

Other than her heritage, I don’t see how this helps China. Chow has been reasonably outspoken against CCP activities in Hong Kong. Unless, it is just flex for flex sake?
I’d say association with members of groups with known associations to the CCP is a bit past ‘heritage’…others have been held to account (intentional or or) for associations with various interest groups.
It creates disruption and distrust.
…or for some, reinforces a message?

Sure- I get that these organizations claiming that they helped Chow get elected does send the message to other candidates in other levels that they can be decisive in an election.

Well, there's stuff like this for example...

Worker at Canada's largest electricity producer charged with spying for China, police say​

Back