• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Christmas Lights?

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone else take advantage of the recent spate of decent weather (depends on where you're at I guess!) to get a head-start on Christmas lights?

I've got all mine up, I just have to setup the sound/light synchronization show now....

Oh, and the inflatables  ;D ;D ;D

NS

Our decent weather was up to and including 11 Nov.  All of which is no-decorating time for me.  Everything is now snow covered with -2 temps being the warmest and that is at about noon each day.  Bah humbug!  One of these years I might get lights up without frostbit fingers.

You silly acoustic techs...wayyyyy too much time on your hands.  ;)

nice job :nod:
Well done.............

and Christmas music playing on every radio station starting on the 29th.

Bah humbug...

is it over yet?  :-\

Its so over commercialized now I cant even be bothered to get into it any more...

Chapters isn't even calling it the Holiday season... the new phrase I heard was "Happy Giving"

ugh..... I just want to lock myself inside until January when the idiocy is over.....

- "Ebeneezer Tommy"

If you get sound, we're gonna need a video. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlkCpN2DMZ0

Those were last year's lights....it'll be the same sounds, with different light placement :)

If you want to see it, take a spin down the Waverley Road from Dartmouth, headed for the 102 (by Inn on the lake) I'm on the left just past the Irving.  It's quite visible...  (better directions avail if you want 'em)

NS

I flashed 'er up (pun intended) for a couple minutes and put a short video of it on my F-book.  :)

Good fun....for those who may be interested...here's a friend's reply to the video:

A1234/10 NOTAMN
CYHZ
NIGHT TIME VISUAL OBSTRUCTION LOCATED 5.8 NM ON A BEARING OF 211° FROM RUNWAY 23 AT 44°47'9.00"N 63°36'4.15"W
DISREGARD ATTEMPTS OF PROPERTY OWNER TO HAVE ROTARY WING AIRCRAFT LAND AT THIS LOCATION ON THE EVENING OF 24 D...EC 2010 BEARING GIFTS
END NOTAM

NavyShooter said:
I flashed 'er up (pun intended) for a couple minutes and put a short video of it on my F-book.  :)

Good fun....for those who may be interested...here's a friend's reply to the video:

A1234/10 NOTAMN
CYHZ
NIGHT TIME VISUAL OBSTRUCTION LOCATED 5.8 NM ON A BEARING OF 211° FROM RUNWAY 23 AT 44°47'9.00"N 63°36'4.15"W
DISREGARD ATTEMPTS OF PROPERTY OWNER TO HAVE ROTARY WING AIRCRAFT LAND AT THIS LOCATION ON THE EVENING OF 24 D...EC 2010 BEARING GIFTS
END NOTAM

:rofl:

:cheers:

NavyShooter said:

A1234/10 NOTAMN
CYHZ
END NOTAM

What friend would do that now!!  :nana:

Mine went up Nov. 12th.

Nothing goes up Before Nov. 11th .. but after that it's fair game

Were never home for Christmas anyways, so I feel hey .. Nov 11th - Dec 15th is my Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgEVgx6PWtI

There's this year's lights on a quick test-run.  (No sound.)

Enjoy! 

HO HO HO!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going to go out and have lots of liquid refreshment, turn them off before you leave....................

envisioning driving home, suitably lubricated and seeing the dancing windows, etc. is just asking for trouble.... :nod:

Set on a timer....they're on from 4-ish until just after 10-ish every day, but for now it's just the lights, no flashing or music.

The music and flashing gets turned on in December....the neighbours are taking bets on which day that'll be :)

So far, I haven't been voted off the street...

Check this out:
http://www.thestar.com/videozone/557186--christmas-lights

More than 100,000 bulbs.
"It all started with an artificial tree from Honest Ed's."  :)

Best Christmas Lights Display

http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

Amazing Christmas display with 176 channels and 45,000 lights! The show is so popular that it requires a crew of 3 people to manage the traffic.

NavyShooter [4]

Now those are some pretty neat lights man  ;D

NavyShooter, I hope for your sake there's no epileptic kids on your street!  ;D

Back