• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Communications and Electronics Engineering ( CELE )

Occam

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
2
Points
430
secondchance said:
I am interested in CELE because I have BAC in electronics.

What's a BAC?

secondchance said:
Language school is mandatory?

It is if you don't meet a certain profile if you come in via DEO.  It would appear from the recruiting website that language training would be after BOTC, but I wouldn't imagine that's cast in stone.
 

secondchance

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Occam said:
It is if you don't meet a certain profile if you come in via DEO.  It would appear from the recruiting website that language training would be after BOTC, but I wouldn't imagine that's cast in stone.
What do you mean -  you don't meet a certain profile if you come in via DEO ?
Website clearly says:
Direct Entry Officer - Direct Entry applicants must hold the degree of Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science from an accredited Canadian university. The preferred degree is the Bachelor of Engineering in one of the following disciplines: Electrical/Electronics, Computer or Physics. Consideration will also be given to those holding the degree of Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace Systems Management, Mechanical Engineering or Nuclear Engineering, or a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Applied Science, Mathematics, Physics or Space Science.
What can be else?
 

DexOlesa

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
He was talking about Language Training. You are given a profile in your second language. You have to be at a certain level, or you go to Second Language Training. That's what he meant by certain profile.
 
A

aesop081

Guest
secondchance said:
What do you mean -  you don't meet a certain profile if you come in via DEO ?
Website clearly says:What can be else?

He was not talking about a degree. He was talking about language proficiency. If you cant speak the second language to a minimum capability, off to language school you go.
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,509
Points
940
secondchance said:
Who knows is CELE is open now for applications?
Thanks

Like CDN Aviator says, CFRCs have the 'live' numbers.

Intake is broken down into different entry plans, so it depends on what plan you are hoping to enter.  According to the document I am looking at (12/13 SIP), they are only taking CELE from CFRCs via ROTP (18 this year); no DEO and no CEOTP.  That SIP is dated 23 Mar 12, so...who knows what has changed?  CFRCs.

Internal #s look like SCP (1), CFR (1) and UTPNCM (2).

 

secondchance

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Eye In The Sky said:
Like CDN Aviator says, CFRCs have the 'live' numbers.

Intake is broken down into different entry plans, so it depends on what plan you are hoping to enter.  According to the document I am looking at (12/13 SIP), they are only taking CELE from CFRCs via ROTP (18 this year); no DEO and no CEOTP.  That SIP is dated 23 Mar 12, so...who knows what has changed?  CFRCs.

Internal #s look like SCP (1), CFR (1) and UTPNCM (2).
Thanks
 

VanIslander

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Question:  In the video on forces.ca for CELE, there's a scene where it shows some infantry on patrol somewhere with the camera focused on the radio operator.  Was that just to highlight that communications are super important?  Or do CELEs actually go out on patrol and act as the "radio guy"?

Just seems odd to me to have an engineer in the air force out doing that... kind of a misallocation of resources, when someone from combat arms with actual infantry training would probably do a much better job anyways I would think.
 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
1,387
Points
1,060
If a CELE officer is ever carrying a radio on patrol, we're in a world of hurt.

Don't read too much into the recruiting videos. Cool army stuff sells because making a video about sitting in an office planning a complex communications network is like watching paint dry. I'm still waiting for the Eryx missile system the Sig Op recruiting video promised.
 
Top