• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

For my transfer, the people at IRP took care of the whole move and gave us a nice $650 bonus for me and my wife.  They even payed for a hotel and our food in Pembroke for 15 days. until our PMQ was ready (I had already applied for one).  If your going to Pet, I suggest you apply for a PMQ 3 months in advance.

The army will also pay for a house hunting trip for a couple of days.

Keep all you concelation bills from your phone, cable etc; IRP will remburse you.  And same when you connect your phone, TV, internet etc

When I finialized my claim I got back like $1000, And I didn't even know I had spent that much.

I was suprised how well they took care of the whole matter, it was really well done - good system.

Hmmm... well that is good info to have as i was sort of wondering about relocation costs. my training will be done in winnipeg and i live in ns. so thanks but i'm a little unsure as to how it fits in my previous post. lol. any idea on the website for the ct application? or have you been speaking to anyone who has recently gone through the ct process since they changed everything to make it "faster and more efficient"? Thanks again!

also on the subject of relocation costs, any insight on whether or not i should take my car and some of the stuff i might need after course (it's 3 and a half months so i'm not sure if it makes sense to take the car) or if they'll provide me with time for relocation to my posting? i'm likely to be posted in either bc ontario alberta or in ns. bc and alberta may be easier to travel to from winnipeg so i'm kind of debating whether to take the car or leave it since i don't know where i'll be after the course. i'm not sure on how relocation after course works.

engineergonemet well... I'm going to give you advice, during your course, you will possibly want to go out on week ends even if you are not heading home due to the distance, but you might to go and just change your mind. I understand that going on a 4000 km trip is not something I would want to do,  but I would not stay on base for 3 months... I need some kind of liberty.

I'm going on if, my offer gets in, eventually on a 6 month course (GO ammo tech!!!!) and I will have my car.  and if I'm posted after I wont have to get back to Quebec, get my car and go...were ever the CF needs me.

thanks for the advice. i was kinda thinking along those same lines. i'm just not looking forward to a 46 hour drive and then possibly having to repeat it 3 months later. i'm still paying on the car otherwise i'd just get a cheap one while i was there. i'll probably end up taking it.

well getting a cheap one was not a bad idea...but I would check on the law...are you aloud to have a car for 3 month????

mysteriousmind said:
well getting a cheap one was not a bad idea...but I would check on the law...are you aloud to have a car for 3 month????

Only if you get that muffler fixed.  ;D

Well I'm still in Ontario...so its not totally through yet. I've been told to expect an offer soon, its been several months so far.

eek. not good. i was told it should take about a month or so by the cfrc. I just found out that there should be a QL3 course for my soon to be new trade in august so hopefully i can get on it. thanks

engineergonemet said:
eek. not good. i was told it should take about a month or so by the cfrc. I just found out that there should be a QL3 course for my soon to be new trade in august so hopefully i can get on it. thanks

You must remember that everyones situation will be unique, and while some people might take some time to get through the whole process other may simply breeze right through.

ok so i have my transfer forms all filled out but i'm just wondering about the box for the date when i want the transfer to take effect. For now i filled in the 1st of august as i have a trip planned for a couple of weeks in july. However i'm wondering if i put the papers in with that date will they still process them now or will it possibly delay the process. I mean from what i've read on here the transfer will take a while and probably won't be near finished by july but with my luck if i don't put a date in it will be. Anyone know anything about this? I don't really wanna hold up the processing cuz the next course for my trade is in august sometime apparently. Thanks

Just put on the date you are sending in your application, in wont change a thing because it will take allot of time.

Well I'm currently at 27 days, so I'm stressed out, I had 2 contact with them so far, so What ever will be, will be, Que Serra Serra

:) don't loose hope you people out there,  the army needs good people and I'm sure there are allot of you out there.

Well...

I left Reg a year ago(long story) and went into Sup REs.
As that really makes no differance, I have been waiting for a 'transfer' for 6 mos - so far. Waiting for PLAR as of 17 Apr.
It took me 3 mos from application to BMQ in 04.

tick tock

Out

sigger i dont want to blow up your dreams....

but Sig ops is a very red trade...chance of changing trades for you are not looking good.

Good luck any way

Back