• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

Alright a few points.

Money - Have you put through an ILP yet (Individual Learning Plan?) The reserves should pay you back 2k /yr providing you are are in good standing (not NES). You need to put in your ILP right away, if you are trying to claim 13/14 as there is a chance you might not get it. (There are cut offs, not quite sure the dates, but do not delay on this).
If you absouletely need one you could get a line of credit. My ex got one with little hassle for 10k from her bank and she doesn't have to pay interested until she graduates. Might be something else to look into.

School - How long is you program? How much time have you invested so far? Is your school continous 12 months? I wouldn't advise dropping out under any circumstances IMO, unless you can take a semester off or something and then make it up afterwords.

CT/OT - Put it in now!! Regardless of what you plan to do you can put a preffered transfer date. There is no reason to get the ball rolling now as it does take time. The average I've seen within my unit/network of friends is roughly 1 year if it is same trade, 2 or so if it isn't. Granted this is an extremely small sample size. Myself and a few friends are looking at a year now, and we haven't heard a thing (Both Cting to different trades) other than they have recieved our application and they will contact us when they can. If you try to contact them they don't reply..

I wouldn't recomend dropping out unless you were planning on skipping the summer semester, doing your trades training and then pick it up in the fall.

Furthermore dropping out solely to go on your 3's is stupid. Course could be cancelled, you could get hurt and not get the qual, you could get kicked off the course. Even if you do pass your course all you are going to be is a class a/b Junkie until your CT goes through.

Based on what you said what I would do is.
1) Put in your ILP if not already done
2) Inquire with your school about the implications of taking the summer off to do your trades training. Assuming there are no major hiccups do it. Just to be safe register for summer classes and drop out of them once you get a CFTPO for the course / before the deadline to drop the courses and get your money back.
3) Put in your CT ASAP with a preffered transfer date of the expected graduation day.

I can't wait until the CT moves a bit forward :( .... I really hate to be left in the dark.  I know it's how it is , I can't do anything about it other than wait.  But the wait is a killer lol ! I'm currently living on "what if".  It's hard on the couple right now ! hehe , sorry for the rant just had to get it out my chest haha !

krimynal said:
I can't wait until the CT moves a bit forward :( .... I really hate to be left in the dark.  I know it's how it is , I can't do anything about it other than wait.  But the wait is a killer lol ! I'm currently living on "what if".  It's hard on the couple right now ! hehe , sorry for the rant just had to get it out my chest haha !

It's almost April, you should know for this FY soon.

I was wondering , is it realistic to think that AWS would be in big hiring mode.  With all that is happening everywhere as we speak.  It's been seen on the website that they are hiring a lot of people.  Would that lead the CT to be put up first , or we go after the people that come of the street ?

Do they fill the spots up with us in CT ? or we are the first choice and then they fill the spots with member applying for Reg forces without prior service ?

When I saw what was happening in Irak and everywhere , I was kind of hoping for a LOT of recruitment ... I know last year they had 6 People for CT ( which I think is REALLY not a lot ).

krimynal said:
I was wondering , is it realistic to think that AWS would be in big hiring mode.  With all that is happening everywhere as we speak.  It's been seen on the website that they are hiring a lot of people.  Would that lead the CT to be put up first , or we go after the people that come of the street ?

Do they fill the spots up with us in CT ? or we are the first choice and then they fill the spots with member applying for Reg forces without prior service ?

That is a mouthful right there, according to CMP policy, CT's are supposed to have priority over hiring people untrained. In actuality this is not how that it works, there is an allotment that is considered to have appeased that, rather then establishing complete priority. I don't think anyone outside of DMCPG actually knows how it works...

and lord knows how much DCMPG don't like to let you know how it works hahah ! just trying to find who my broker is because I had specific questions about my CT is basically a black hole lost in some kind of different universe.  I tried emailing them , Called my Chief clerk at my unit, sent an email to someone at the Recruitment center.  No one seems to know who's in charge of what and who does what....

Do you meet the qualifications for your selected trade?  If not, then they will not look at your file until you do.

I am currently doing my 426 Maths to meet the requirements , I have a very competitive file ( what the clerk at the recruiting center told me ).  But I don't know who I have to contact about me doing my maths ? who do I give my followup ? who do I contact ? do I simply send the email back to DMCPG ? or should I inform someone in particular ???

some people told me that they might not even check my maths .... I'm doing them part time right now , but if it's the only thing .... I'll just drop my job , and do it full time and get them done in 3 weeks .....

I was trying to contact someone on that exactly ...

krimynal said:
I was trying to contact someone on that exactly ...

I feel your pain, as someone in the NCR, it's a weekly struggle to resist the urge to walk over to them and see them in person and ask about files...

I'm debating the 2 options right now really really really hard. 

option 1 ) Drop my current full time job ( I don't like it really much but it pays the bills ) , do my Maths full time ( try to do it in 1 month ) , hope for the best to get selected this year .....

option 2 ) stay at my job , try to do my maths as fast as I can on my own ( probably going to be more around 2-3 months ) , but pass on getting selected this year .....

I want to switch to reg forces so bad ... I always knew I wanted to join the reg forces ( Personal reason on why I decided to join the reserve first ).  Ever since I got out of DP1 I asked for a switch.  Now knowing that they are not looking at my files until I get my maths done basically knocked me out ... I got told that they would offer me a job AT THE CONDITION to complete my maths before switching.  So I figured once I get that offer I'll drop everything , complete the maths and that's it .... sadly I was mistaken .....

Now I'm at a crossroad and I don't know what to do ...

krimynal said:
I'm debating the 2 options right now really really really hard. 

option 1 ) Drop my current full time job ( I don't like it really much but it pays the bills ) , do my Maths full time ( try to do it in 1 month ) , hope for the best to get selected this year .....

option 2 ) stay at my job , try to do my maths as fast as I can on my own ( probably going to be more around 2-3 months ) , but pass on getting selected this year .....

I want to switch to reg forces so bad ... I always knew I wanted to join the reg forces ( Personal reason on why I decided to join the reserve first ).  Ever since I got out of DP1 I asked for a switch.  Now knowing that they are not looking at my files until I get my maths done basically knocked me out ... I got told that they would offer me a job AT THE CONDITION to complete my maths before switching.  So I figured once I get that offer I'll drop everything , complete the maths and that's it .... sadly I was mistaken .....

Now I'm at a crossroad and I don't know what to do ...
You need the math, one way or another, to get to where you want to be.

Your choices, then, are to either:
1) keep paying the bills while taking a few months to get the math done and keep getting some Reserve pay, with (as far as I can tell) no idea how long a transfer might take, or
2) quit your job and do the maths quicker and keep getting some Reserve pay, with (as far as I can tell) no idea how long a transfer might take.

Anything I'm missing?

Good luck with your work.

well I decided to drop my full time job , found a full time school , applied this morning , starting next Monday full time student to do my Maths ASAP ! ( 30hrs a week of Maths but hey we need to do it ! ) I'm trying to complete them for the end of April.  Not going to be easy , but what's life without any challenges !!!

does anyone know if I should call them / email them with inputs on where I am at ? or simply contact them once I'm done with the course ?

also , where do I call / email ??

DMCPG ? will they ever call me back or ?

krimynal said:
does anyone know if I should call them / email them with inputs on where I am at ? or simply contact them once I'm done with the course ?

I honestly don't know. Like I said, it's a fight with temptation to go over there in person every week.

krimynal said:

What I'd recommend is get it on your MPPR ASAP once it is completed and just get your CC to contact DCMPG-5 and send them a pdf of your certificate/transcript.

Best of luck

krimynal said:

DMCPG_5_CT-DPGCM_5_ME@forces.gc.ca
613-947-2210

JS2218 said:
DMCPG_5_CT-DPGCM_5_ME@forces.gc.ca
613-947-2210

The issue isn't finding the contact information, it's that DMCPG is so overloaded with case files that they will not, as a published rule, respond to any inqueries from applicants.

In fact, if you send an email to their general open box it used to state exactly that. Though I don't know if it still does.

NSDreamer said:
The issue isn't finding the contact information, it's that DMCPG is so overloaded with case files that they will not, as a published rule, respond to any inqueries from applicants.

In fact, if you send an email to their general open box it used to state exactly that. Though I don't know if it still does.

It does, or did as of a few months ago, I can`t see that going away until they get it under control. Which could be anyone's guess.

What is frustrating is that it would take minutes to set up a mail merge to contact all applicants of trade X to say "Sorry we have reached our targets for CT(T)/CT(U) for Trade X for the FY, if you were not contacted you will have to wait until next FY. However we still need applicants for trades A,B,C if you are interested for any of these trades please contact Sgt XXXX to modify your application".

At least then applicants wouldn't be left in the dark..

runormal said:
It does, or did as of a few months ago, I can`t see that going away until they get it under control. Which could be anyone's guess.

What is frustrating is that it would take minutes to set up a mail merge to contact all applicants of trade X to say "Sorry we have reached our targets for CT(T)/CT(U) for Trade X for the FY, if you were not contacted you will have to wait until next FY. However we still need applicants for trades A,B,C if you are interested for any of these trades please contact Sgt XXXX to modify your application".

At least then applicants wouldn't be left in the dark..

Common sense and logic do not exist in government bureaucracy.

Back