• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

- Are the QL3s for both Reg and Res ___s very similar, or completely different? (I believe most LOG trades are pretty good for that, such as mine).

I know for supply techs res or reg its the same course.

CorporalMajor said:
ALL occupations?  That's odd, I applied around the same time as you, and just got the green light. 

Then again, I'm RMS and I'm pretty sure that's a red trade in the Regs.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt.  Not sure if i believe that 100%, because i know there are guys that are getting offers on this forum.  So it comes down to what trade, and whether your doing an OT as well (such as myself).  I think it sent to stop me from sending an email every 2 weeks asking whats going on, and what else i need.  Everything is up to date, not sure if i need an interview, but they will not say one way or another (was hoping to get one done to speed things up).  So now i'll sit and wait till mid-April and send another email  ;D.

Same people that send you a confirmation.  I know DMCA has been thrown around alot, but it's actually D MIL C in Ottawa. And that e-mail i received was from a snr nco.

I put in my CT, finally.

Hopefully since I'm going from trained pres engineer to reg engineer I go through the system somewhat fast...

I did it the old fashion way with a memo. Will my CoC make me fill the the online application out still or is that not needed with a memo?

ZipperZ said:
I put in my CT, finally.

Hopefully since I'm going from trained pres engineer to reg engineer I go through the system somewhat fast...

I did it the old fashion way with a memo. Will my CoC make me fill the the online application out still or is that not needed with a memo?

No.  You will be good to go.    ::)

Just kidding.  You started off on the right foot, however, all you have done is inform your C of C of your intentions.  You will have to go through the same process as the rest of the posters in this thread. 

Re-activating an old thread...well not so old.

So many people seem to know what they are talking about (!) when it comes to CT here and I happen to have a question.

So my situation is this, applied for CT last year, my MOS will remain closed (saw the SIP and talked to the CM) so picked a new one at the beginning of the month, but I need to do the testing AND I require basic aircrew. Funny thing is, my CT manager doesn't think I do... so obviously, at the last moment someone will wake up and for sure my file won't be complete before april 1st.

So do they fill their positions very quickly comes April or does it last over a few months? Because I'm starting to think that if they just fill all of their spots within a few weeks well that's it I'm toast for this year. Any insights?

Timbit, you can always ask your CT manager those questions, i have had lots of success with asking questions of my guy in Ottawa.  He will tell you straight up and if he says it and he holds your file then he must be right.

Does anyone think I should go *** backwards through the system? Drop out of the reserves and then re-enroll in the regulars due to the length of a CT/OT? Everyone keeps saying that since a CT/OT im told will take 1 year+. (ResF to RegF for 00005)

P.S. On a funny note I got the "resume" recently and noticed the gigantic amount of misinformation on the resume. One, it says I only did one year of high school in education when I finished high school and did some uny. Two, it says I am married when I am not nor have I ever been. Three, it says I had no unit prefference when I heavily stressed that I did. Four, 95% of the information was left blank. Go CFRC! :p

SevenSixTwo said:
Does anyone think I should go *** backwards through the system? Drop out of the reserves and then re-enroll in the regulars due to the length of a CT/OT? Everyone keeps saying that since a CT/OT im told will take 1 year+. (ResF to RegF for 00005)

P.S. On a funny note I got the "resume" recently and noticed the gigantic amount of misinformation on the resume. One, it says I only did one year of high school in education when I finished high school and did some uny. Two, it says I am married when I am not nor have I ever been. Three, it says I had no unit prefference when I heavily stressed that I did. Four, 95% of the information was left blank. Go CFRC! :p

Have you ever reviewed and corrected your MPRR?  The one your unit gives you every year?  That's where the information came from - so if you've never had your unit correct the mistakes, they'll still be there.

dapaterson said:
Have you ever reviewed and corrected your MPRR?  The one your unit gives you every year?  That's where the information came from - so if you've never had your unit correct the mistakes, they'll still be there.

I saw my units information 4 days ago so most likely someone had a good laugh changing stuff at CFRC or the magic internet fairy came and changed all the info. Which, is more likely? I mean cmon; "Married but unknwn spouse" as well as "1 year high school". Someone is clearly pulling a prank I feel.

Umm, yeah, because the people who enter that info have nothing better to do.    ::)
Perhaps you have a similar name or SN as someone else?  Stranger things have happened.

PMedMoe said:
Umm, yeah, because the people who enter that info have nothing better to do.    ::)
Perhaps you have a similar name or SN as someone else?  Stranger things have happened.

Good point, I personally find it hilarious but the humour was not needed after hearing all the horror stories of CT's only to be immediately confronted thereafter with a file issue right off the bat.

So, to revive a dying (if slowly) thread...

What process goes into effect if you reject your initial offer?

I've just recieved an offer which would involve a posting to Pet which I may have to refuse for personal reasons (read: wife says no).

Should I refuse this offer, what are the odds of getting another and/or more agreeable one within a reasonable time frame?  I know there's been a lot of changes to the system recently, so I'm hesitant to depend upon what I've heard of the process from those that did it a few years ago.

I'm presently on tour, and don't have much going on when I get back... I'd definitely like to get in sooner than later, and before they opt to remove the signing bonus.  But three years-ish is a long time to be somewhere you don't want to be, and I wouldn't look forward to living with someone in that situation.

Not sure about your initial question, but I have one for you.  If you refuse due to a posting to Petawawa, what happens when you accept (for a different posting) and then you are posted to Pet later in your career?

This is the Reg F, unlike the Res, you go where the CF needs you.

I understand that your spouse may not want to go to Pet, but is she willing for you to go on IR and (depending on how far away you live) not seeing you for long periods of time?  Perhaps these are things you should have discussed before applying for CT.

You have two choices:

1.  Turn down all offers, and stay with your darling wife in her favourite hometown; or

2.  Accept the offer, and explain to your darling wife that she will have to accept wherever the CF should decide to post you, and eventually it may be Petawawa.  ......... or

OPTION 3.  You trade her in for a more agreeable model.

If she somehow has formed the opinion that you will be able to stay in her favourite hometown, you should set her straight right now, as there are probably no established positions for someone of your rank and Trade in her favourite hometown.

Well hate to disagree with you here, George, but he does, indeed, have a fourth choice, and that is to refuse the initial
offer and take his chances in asking for another offer. In the meantime, they may close his trade or pick someone more lenient than him, and I have no friggin clue about the delta admin reqd, but he can indeed say no, for the first and last time of his RegF career (in theory...).

I agree, he can say no and try to work a "deal" or perhaps await a better offer.  In the meantime, the Signing Bonus may disappear, as it has for several Trades already. 

We can provide several options, but the member should be talking to the people who are giving him the offer, not us.  If there are any changes that can be made, it is them who will be able to provide the member with valid options.

TimBit said:
Well hate to disagree with you here, George, but he does, indeed, have a fourth choice, and that is to refuse the initial
offer and take his chances in asking for another offer. In the meantime, they may close his trade or pick someone more lenient than him, and I have no friggin clue about the delta admin reqd, but he can indeed say no, for the first and last time of his RegF career (in theory...).

with a chance that it will be his last and only as he could have the mythical giant red stamp on his file saying "stick in cabinet and forget that it exists" or maybe even have it PA'd to file 13 in the round cabinet.

The others are right - this is something that should have been dealt with before you applied and wasted peoples time.  Deal with it now - you and your wife have to decide if you want the military life or not.  If you do then take the offer and hope for a quick posting out.  Maybe you will be lucky and find it to be the worse posting of your career over and done with.  Then again you may find that you are happy there and fighting against being posted out down the road.

Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I joined the PRes in December and I have decided to apply for a CT to the RegF. I am scheduled to start BMQ/SQ this summer. I have been told that my 20 day BMQ/SQ won't be transferable and I will have to do it again - which is fine. I will have to leave my current work place if I go on course this summer. I know that my employer can't legally hold my service against me in any way, but it's not a position I want to put them in, especially when I may be leaving for good in the 'near' future. I don't plan on having any future with my current reserve unit and my SQ will be irrelevant as my CT is to a non-army environment.

Ideally, I would love to go on some sort of leave so I can continue to work at my civilian work place until my CT is complete. What are my options? Will not going on course this summer hurt my chances for a CT?

Back