• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer Program

G-spot

Inactive
Reaction score
This may belong in the recruiting, so mods feel free to move.

I recently received a letter from the Chief of land Staff, regarding component transfer program.  I was just wondering if anyone else from TF 3-06 got this letter as well.

my letter states that I would be posted to 3RCR, I keep my rank as CPL, keep all of my courses; and I get to choose when I want to go to battalion, and how long I want to stay.  I accepted the offer for 3 years, and hopefully start in October.

Oh, and when I report, I will most likely be in unifrom, but what head dress do I wear? my toque or bushcap? I wont have my balmoral anymore, and I don't feel like meeting the RSM in a bad way on my first day.

suggestions?

Go get a beret and a RCR Cap badge?  You can use logistik Unicorps for the beret and I'm sure that the RCR have a kit shop to get a cap badge. 

I was gonna to go with the toque.......with my sleaves rolled.

I can just start wearing a new capbadge right away?

Yes.....if you belong to the unit they won't care.  When I CT'd I showed up to work in my combats and PPCLI Cap badge ready to go.  Shows you have a bit o initiative don't you think.

They're letting you keep your BIQ and given you a regimental assignment good o'l green beret with RCR Brass is the way to go, along with buttons and collar dogs to match. you might get lucky and your support base may just have some for you, I know Esquimalt has PPCLI, RCR, RCA, and even a few LdSH cap badges kicking around (lord knows why but it worked in my favour)

Back