• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contract end/release on TCat

Hockey22

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a few questions as I'm completely lost in the process right now.
(I've read a lot of threads and haven't gotten any answers)

A background:
I have been serving for 7.5 years now. 5 Reserve, 2.5 Reg. In January 2015 during Strong Contender (Brigade winter sports tournament) I was injured with a concussion during a ice hockey game. Flash a year forward and I'm diagnosed with Major Depressive disorder and anxiety which the psychologica team I'm working with has deemed post concussion syndrome related. I have been on TCat for about 4 months now.

Now, I am only 23 and want to move on with my life and go back to school. My contract ends March 2017.

My questions;
A) Will my release date come through while on a TCat?

B) can I release 4(b) while on the TCat and still be entitled for VAC benefits?

C) am I actually entitled to anything through VAC?

I have been going through hell mentally and physically due to this concussion and the ongoing struggle with medical help. Waiting for a 3b is not an option for me because at this point I just want to move on with my life and I want to go back to university. Any advice on how to go about this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You can still get access to some VAC benefits, but not the full gambit (it's a lot your giving up) if your release item was 3b.

Hello,

I have a few questions as I'm completely lost in the process right now.
(I've read a lot of threads and haven't gotten any answers)

A background:
I have been serving for 7.5 years now. 5 Reserve, 2.5 Reg. In January 2015 during Strong Contender (Brigade winter sports tournament) I was injured with a concussion during a ice hockey game. Flash a year forward and I'm diagnosed with Major Depressive disorder and anxiety which the psychologica team I'm working with has deemed post concussion syndrome related. I have been on TCat for about 4 months now.

Now, I am only 23 and want to move on with my life and go back to school. My contract ends March 2017.

My questions;
A) Will my release date come through while on a TCat?

B) can I release 4(b) while on the TCat and still be entitled for VAC benefits?

C) am I actually entitled to anything through VAC?

I have been going through hell mentally and physically due to this concussion and the ongoing struggle with medical help. Waiting for a 3b is not an option for me because at this point I just want to move on with my life and I want to go back to university. Any advice on how to go about this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've been told by a few people it is possible to still get the VocRehab and all of that after the fact. The big thing for me is where I am currently I have absolutely no family. I need to be released asap so I figure I'll wait til March when my contract ends. I'm just curious how it all works, up until this I've loved the job.

Just a reminder, Hockey22 -- posting the same content on more than on thread is spamming, which is against the rules of the forums here.

As you can see, have some patience, and someone'll be by ...

Milnet.ca Staff

Back