• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Corps attendance

well were lucky if we whvae two platoons ona good night. And if my partner and I can then we try to mooch up to the CO to let us march on the colors

Making fun of people is not nice.  I suggest you stop being an idiot.

STAFF

Our corp is pretty small but it's somewhat new, we have so many recruits, though! About 30 recruits, out of maybe 60 in all the corp. Most of the recruits are going to become cadets tomorrow at the annual inspection, like me :D! Then we'll still have a good 5 recruits who just joined, I'm sure there'll be another huge wave of them next year. A couple of cadets (who joined in the beginning of the year, I joined in January) told me during the beginning of the year, attendance was almost perfect, but it waned again after I joined and some people quit. The first week I was there we had about 4 recruits and on my 4th week there were like 30! I think some of the cadets who really like the army cadets program invite their friends along, that's why I joined.

Well Our Corp has 3 Companies:

Alpha- 96 kids on paper
Bravo- 14 Kids on paper
Charlie-54 Kids on paper

I believe the term persons or cadets is more appropriate, considering you are counting yourself as one of those "kids" on paper.

I assume Bravo is like a band or special company?

EXCUSE ME "Cadets" not "Kids". No Bravo is not a special coy or our band, it's just our slack bag coy with ganster wannabe kids. Alpha is always on top.

PS-> Does anyone else have JR. Cadets?

C/Sgt. King said:
Does anyone else have JR. Cadets?

Im assuming you mean something like Navy League Cadets, for kids age 9-12? Well my corp does have a Jr. cadet corps, NLCC C.B. Hill.
www.nlcccbhill.ab.ca
A large percentage of our DND funding goes to them. (If I remeber correctly.)

Mcpl said:
You should see how we have to squish together. 2 Squadrons, 4 platoons, 4 Platoon Commanders, 4 Platoon 2IC then the CSM and RSM. Thats a   lot of people. Our front Platoon Commanders our literaly 1 pace away from the RSM.

Yep... Lots of people...

How Many people are in your Corps?
My Corps is squished together too,

3 Companies :            Peel              Dufferin                  & Halton

2 Platoons each:      Amiens              Arras                      Hill 70
                            Sommes            Mons                      Festubert                  and The Recruit Platoon + Flag Party

1 Regimental Sgt Mjr,
3 CSM's,
1 Recruit Sgt Mjr,
1 Flag Party Cmdr,
6 Plt Cmdr's,
6 2ic's,
18 Sect. Cmdr's,
7-10 Cadets per section,
3 Flag Bearers[Including Flag Party Cmdr],
3 Gaurds

I believe that we now have 197 on paper right now.

C/Sgt. King said:
EXCUSE ME "Cadets" not "Kids". No Bravo is not a special coy or our band, it's just our slack bag coy with ganster wannabe kids. Alpha is always on top.

PS-> Does anyone else have JR. Cadets?

AND By The way, There is no need for attitude in that post, a simple "Sorry, I'll use that term next time. Thankyou For You Constructive Criticism, Mr Burrows" Would have fit quite nicely. Or Even an   "Okay" would have been suffice. After All, You ARE in Cadets, You ARE a Cadet, so you should refer to yourself, and your fellow CADETS as Cadets.

She gets a sticker.

Ok hears mine:

Wing

#1 squadron # 2 squadron # 3 squadron  Flag Party

2 flights,        2 flights,        band,          about 7 cadets (changes during the year)

25-30 cadets per flight, 30 cadets for band

Total about 150 cadets.

WO Saorse said:
All of you cadets with big Corps should share. :)

Believe me, its not fun having a huge corps. Harder to get noticed for something and way more slack cadets..

Miss Caroline said:
Believe me, its not fun having a huge corps. Harder to get noticed for something and way more slack cadets..

Yes I agree with what you said. But their are advantages too. Like we have quite a few optional/extra activities that cadets can participate in, that maybe smaller corps don't have do to their numbers.

Back