• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl Jordan Anderson, 3PPCLI: 04 July 2007 (GO!!!)

Hi Star.

Hope that you are doing well. It's the support and strength shown by families of our fallen such as yours and teddybears, that's gives us soldiers the strength and incentive to carry on with worthwhile efforts.

The grace and dignity you carry despite the great loss you have suffered, allows us to carry our heads high with dignity and grace as well.

As we will always remember Jordan and Teddy, you always seem to keep the rest of us in your thoughts. That's a wonderful part of the military family. We all support each other. I am so appreciative of that and I thank you for it.

Vern

ArmyVern said:
Hope that you are doing well. It's the support and strength shown by families of our fallen such as yours and teddybears, that's gives us soldiers the strength and incentive to carry on with worthwhile efforts.
Not only that, Vern, but it also gives us civilians who are going to join the knowledge that we will be do something that we all know must be done, and lets us know that the pride we will have once we become members of the Canadian Forces will be more then anything we have ever had in out lives.

Star, where ever Jordan is now, he is watching us all, in amazement, about how proud, and thankful of him, for what he has done for us. He is one of many of our Great Canadian Hero's, an he will never be forgotten.

One day, I hope to be even half as great of a soldier that Jordan still is.

Thank you
Baker

STAR

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HUSBAND AND HIS SACRIFICE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFICE.

THANK YOU SUPPORTING A MAN THAT IS WILLING TO DO THE RIGHT THING, IN PROTECTING HIS FAMILY AND AS WELL, IN PROTECTING MY FAMILY.  I APPRECIATE IT!!!

THANK YOU, ROBIN

GO!!!
It is with great sadness that I learn of your passing now and realize too that you passed thru Camp Mirage while I was there.  Know well that you parted with honour and dignity.
Gaspasser
Light Winds and Soft Landings

:salute:
:cdn:

A year later, we remember....

"Amanda Anderson has never been to Afghanistan but she visits here every day in her imagination.  She walks along dusty trails in the baked countryside and marvels at the searing noonday sun. She lives in Edmonton, but part of her always will be walking through the Afghan countryside, side-by-side with her soldier-husband, Jordan. One year ago Friday, he was killed with five of his comrades and an Afghan interpreter in a roadside bombing.  Those seven deaths on July 4, 2007, marked one of the deadliest days for the Canadian military in Afghanistan. It came just two weeks after another roadside bomb had killed three soldiers.  Since that day, 25 Canadians have died, bringing the death toll for the Afghanistan mission to 85 plus one diplomat.  "It is hard not to feel ripped off at all I've lost, some days," says Amanda who was looking forward to her second wedding anniversary when Jordan was killed. "But I am filled with pride at his accomplishments. He served Canada with all his heart."  Amanda will mark Friday quietly, by taking her dog for a walk. "We used to go to the dog park every night and sometimes twice on Saturdays," says Amanda. "It was a place where we spent many happy hours and one of the last places we went the day he deployed."...."

When I am Gone

When I come to the end of my journey
And I travel my last weary mile,
Just forget if you can, that I ever frowned
And remember only the smile.

Forget unkind words I have spoken;
Remember some good I have done.
Forget that I ever had heartache
And remember I've had loads of fun.

Forget that I've stumbled and blundered
And sometimes fell by the way.
Remember I have fought some hard battles
And won, ere the close of the day.

Then forget to grieve for my going,
I would not have you sad for a day,
But in summer just gather some flowers
And remember the place where I lay,

And come in the shade of evening
When the sun paints the sky in the west
Stand for a few moments beside me
And remember only my best.
- Mrs. Lyman Hancock

Thank you tomahawk6 for the poem.
I will forever remember his grin - as will anyone who ever saw it!

*star
Mrs. GO!!!

“During Operation MARGUERITE, the company conducted clearance of the area east of FOB Gunde’Ghar. This was the first time C company came into contact with IED’s. Two weeks later, 8 Platoon was tasked to respond to an IED strike against a Coyote armored vehicle. It was during the route clearance to the incident site that Parker, an American dog-handler, was grievously wounded by an IED explosion. With no medic on the scene Cpl. Jordan Anderson quickly began first aid, stabilizing him until the Medevac arrived to take him to Kandahar airfield. There is no doubt that Cpl Anderson’s quick response, coupled with his knowledge of combat casualty care, saved Parker’s life.” (Patrician 2007, pages 54/55)

Reproduced under the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act from the Edmonton Journal:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/edmontonjournal/obituary.aspx?n=jordan-anderson&pid=158374321
Jordan ANDERSON
In Memoriam

CPL JORDAN J ANDERSON
July 21, 1981 - July 04, 2007 
534001_A_20120704.jpg

In loving memory of my husband Jordan Anderson who was killed in Afghanistan
on July 4, 2007. Five hours, five days, five years… you're always on my mind
and forever in my heart… my favourite hello and my hardest goodbye.

Amanda

"In Memory Of Many, In Honour Of All"
Rest in Peace to the fallen soldiers of July 4, 2007
Capt Matthew Dawe, Capt Jefferson Francis, Cpl Jordan Anderson, MCpl Colin Bason, Cpl Cole Bartsch, Pte Lane Watkins

Published in The Edmonton Journal on July 4, 2012

Jordan is always in our thoughts, too.

Damn just got dusty here in my office all of a sudden.

5 Years and 12 days since I last saw him, shooting crap over a couple of cups of tims and a bunch of smokes.

RIP, Buddy.

Remembering a fine young man and a good soldier ~ full of promise but lost to us while serving his country.

RIP GO!!!

I miss you buddy, we had some great arguments.  I am sorry we never got to share the pint we promised each other, but I will hoist one for you this evening.

Take care, until we meet.

dileas

tess

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Back