• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Customizing Your C7?

To both of the guys posting this question,

It may feel like you are being ridiculed for asking this question. I realize it's hard for someone not even in yet to understand why so many people on here are turning you into a heatscore for asking what may seem like a pretty basic question, so I will try to bridge the gap.

In my opinion there is a great influx of "Call of Duty kids" these days trying to get into the CF who think that basically the Army will pay for them to play real life Airsoft/Call of Duty/Whatever. I am in NO WAY assuming you two are one of this bunch, but here's the problem. These kids look at video games and movies, play airsoft, and think they are experts on everything. They want to join the Army to be hollywood rockstars with guns, and not soldiers. They tend to have a (oh god please excuse the term all you gentlemen/ladies much higher on the totem pole) "F.Y.S." attitude, and usually don't make it through basic because they don't have the stones to stick with it when it gets rough. One of the reasons they can't hack it is because they don't realize that being a soldier isn't about how good a shot you are, or how many pushups you can do or what gear you have.

Being a good soldier is about having discipline, respect, and your ability to carry out your duties (WHATEVER THAT MAY BE). For example, in basic, if you do get in, your duty of mopping the floor is more important at that time then your ability to do whatever you joined the army to do. Anyone with a "Man **** this, I joined to kill bad guys/fly jets/drive tanks/look cool in FB photos" attitude is not effective.

As far as kit, despite what you might hear many people gripe about, what you are issued is just fine for cleaning floors and Windex'ing absolutely everything. Once you get past that point, you need to understand that the field is a lot different then running around shooting eachother with paintball guns for a couple hours, and you will need time in the field to work out what works best for you. Once you cross that step, comes the most important step, earning the right. This is an informal thing, but as a brand new guy in your unit the LAST thing you will want to do is attract attention by putting on a bunch of shiny rockstar kit on day 1. Once you earn the confidence of your peers that you can do your job well, and your CoC allows it, if there's a little piece of kit that might help you do your job better, throw it on and rock it hard.

So it is possible that part of the reason you are getting such harsh seeming answers is because as crazy as it might sound to you at this point, it isn't just as simple as tossing on some ninja cool part on your weapon, as meaningless as it sounds.

I hope this cleared some smoke

And by the way, every good soldier knows that the most important part of looking cool is pushing the limits of the haircut standard! (Right Mr. Seggie?)  ;D 

Edited: To clarify that these are solely my opinions

PJGary said:
To both of the guys posting this question,

It may feel like you are being ridiculed for asking this question. I realize it's hard for someone not even in yet to understand why so many people on here are turning you into a heatscore for asking what may seem like a pretty basic question, so I will try to bridge the gap.

There is a great influx of "Call of Duty kids" these days trying to get into the CF who think that basically the Army will pay for them to play real life Airsoft/Call of Duty/Whatever. I am in NO WAY assuming you two are one of this bunch, but here's the problem. These kids look at video games and movies, play airsoft, and think they are experts on everything. They want to join the Army to be hollywood rockstars with guns, and not soldiers. They tend to have a (oh god please excuse the term all you gentlemen/ladies much higher on the totem pole) "F.Y.S." attitude, and usually don't make it through basic because they don't have the stones to stick with it when it gets rough. One of the reasons they can't hack it is because they don't realize that being a soldier isn't about how good a shot you are, or how many pushups you can do or what gear you have.

Being a good soldier is about having discipline, respect, and your ability to carry out your duties (WHATEVER THAT MAY BE). For example, in basic, if you do get in, your duty of mopping the floor is more important at that time then your ability to do whatever you joined the army to do. Anyone with a "Man **** this, I joined to kill bad guys/fly jets/drive tanks/look cool in FB photos" attitude is not effective.

As far as kit, despite what you might hear many people gripe about, what you are issued is just fine for cleaning floors and Windex'ing absolutely everything. Once you get past that point, you need to understand that the field is a lot different then running around shooting eachother with paintball guns for a couple hours, and you will need time in the field to work out what works best for you. Once you cross that step, comes the most important step, earning the right. This is an informal thing, but as a brand new guy in your unit the LAST thing you will want to do is attract attention by putting on a bunch of shiny rockstar kit on day 1. Once you earn the confidence of your peers that you can do your job well, and your CoC allows it, if there's a little piece of kit that might help you do your job better, throw it on and rock it hard.

So the reason you are getting such harsh seeming answers is because as crazy as it might sound to you at this point, it isn't just as simple as tossing on some ninja cool part on your weapon, as meaningless as it sounds.

I hope this cleared some smoke

And by the way, every good soldier knows that the most important part of looking cool is pushing the limits of the haircut standard! (Right Mr. Seggie?)  ;D

Please don't take it upon yourself to try and speak for my posts. You're entitled to add your opinion, but unless you've talked to me personaly, you have no business implying my intent.

I thought I had a post in this thread? Or was it a thread just like this one? Le sigh...

recceguy said:
Please don't take it upon yourself to try and speak for my posts. You're entitled to add your opinion, but unless you've talked to me personaly, you have no business implying my intent.

Roger that, my bad, wasn't my intent to put words in anyone's mouths. Will do better to clarify my opinions next time.

Cheers

When I first joined, I wanted grenade launchers and fore-grips and ACOGs and everything else I could get my hands on.

Now, I'm happy if I can swap my Elcan for a flip up battle sight.

I've done three range weekends in a row so far and all I can say is I much prefer my C8 to the C7 for shooting and I'm a 6'1" 200lb guy. the only thing I wish we could be issued is a better foregrip/longer rail and iron sight's because I am not a fan of the 552 or the C79

I also prefer the C8 to the C7,  and yea having a RAS would be better,  but if your not allows it, you could buy your own.  I tried using the Cadex Vert grip when they first came out, wasn't impressed with it.  Used the KAC Vert grip for awhile,  but switched to the Magpul AFG2 a few months ago and I'm very happy with it.  Same with the BUIS,  if you can get away with it,  buy your own.

Pusser said:
Hefted?  Really?  If you refer to carrying a C7 as "hefting," you really need to work on your upper body strength. 

The FNC1 - now that was a weapon that needed hefting!

medicineman said:
Give him a C2 instead  :nod:...hefting a C7, that's hysterical, just made my day that did.

MM

Edit for spelling.

Ah yes the military forum version of Goodwins Law. Talk about weapons long enough and sooner or later some old fart will come on and claim nothing matches his old FN.  8)

Danjanou said:
Ah yes the military forum version of Goodwins Law. Talk about weapons long enough and sooner or later some old fart will come on and claim nothing matches his old FN.  8)

Did you just call me a stinky old person?

MM

oh dear god well I think we are now going to step away from this conversation  ;D Things could get violent

medicineman said:
Did you just call me a stinky old person?

MM

I think he did mate. But I do admit the FN is an amazing rifle. But now back on track here. =D

I love my FN's. 

One interesting thing about them was the lack of "bling" that could be added to them....unless you count a chrome bayonet as bling. 

http://www.milsurps.com/content.php?r=156-FN-1A1-vs.-FN-L1A1-vs.-FN-C1A1

Why is the BUS on the side?    kill shots

scaled.php

25981369356103675150553.jpg

:facepalm: Jesus H Christ that is seriously outfitted custom everything everywhere is that originally a C7?

Willy00005 said:
:facepalm: Jesus H Christ that is seriously outfitted custom everything everywhere is that originally a C7?

yeah the only thing missing is a bar code reading cappacino maker. 8)

Don't forget the under-barrel mounted shotgun, in case of zombie apocalypse!

ObedientiaZelum said:
Why is the BUS on the side?   

For killing people gangsta' style (turned sideways) ?

It's not just for pistolas anymore.

I can actually see that being feasible as a back up sight for left handed shooters in an emergency situation.

Dkeh said:
I can actually see that being feasible as a back up sight for left handed shooters in an emergency situation.

Without a front sight, i don't see much point. Might as well just point and shoot. Or am i missing something ?

No, your not missing something. It would not work well at all, but would at least give you SOME sort of idea where your barrel is pointing.

Back