• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deployment

Hey Rad op, rumor has roto 6 coming out of Pet and being the same size as 0 was.  :cdn:

Canadian Sig said:
Hey Rad op, rumor has roto 6 coming out of Pet and being the same size as 0 was.  :cdn:
Roto's 3 and 4 also.  Knowing my luck I'll be on Roto 6 or the PRT roto 1.  I dont wanna do any more time in Afghanistan.

I have been champing at the bit to go and hit up another tour in Afghanistan. The rumor around here (Pet) is that Roto 4  onward might be alot farther south than the last ones. That would make Roto 4 almost like another Roto 0. Maybe if I ask real nice...lol  :cdn:

There will be 2 camps and 2 seperate missions...roto 4,5,6 in kabul will stay that way, the new ones would be 0,1,2 etc. 

It doesnt sound that way from up here. It has been speculated (in public) that the whole Canadian contingent will be moved to Kandahar.  :cdn:

i just put in my name for Roto 85 Op Danaca.
Hopefully that will go through, it's no Afghanistan though lol

-KaT

Canadian Sig said:
It doesnt sound that way from up here. It has been speculated (in public) that the whole Canadian contingent will be moved to Kandahar.  :cdn:
Speculation is the key word.  I've heard from many sources that there will be 2 missions, Kabul will be under ISAF and the PRT will be under OEF.

Hey any Reserve SigOps -- How long did it take you before you were qualified to be deployed overseas? (In approximate years.)

Years? As far as I know you can be deployed on tour as a sig op after you complete your 3s. The more experience/ courses you have, the better though... You usually do your 3s the summer after basic. However remember, just because you apply for a tour doesn't mean you'll necessarily get it...

Also, in regards to tours...you also need your security clearance, which right now is taking a long time to get..

Actually, for Roto 0 they gave everyone who needed it a blanket clearance. It was only god for the length of the tour but it allowed everyone to go.

If you apply for tour, and they accept you for pre-deployment training, they'll expedite your clearance. The guys from my unit on EW Surge without their clearances were bumped up to get them before they were sent off, took only a few months at the most.

Sadly, the little r isn't a high priority for clearances from CSIS.

If you don't have a clearance, you should not be on pre-deployment trg.  That is one of the items to select people before they go on training to relieve people who had to be replaced on tour.

Back