• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Desert Boots

You think Gore-Tex would be suitable for the Desert? I'm thinking I want something breatheable...really breatheable. Not Surrounded in a Breatheable Membrane. Vibram Sole is definitely a gooder though, Best sole out there, as far as I'm concerned!

Here is the link for the Bellevilles

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=588&item=2259390968&rd=1

We've been issued Belleville steel toed desert boots and they are much more comfortable than the Wellcos or Altamas with the Panama sole.  The literature that comes with them say they are a fast wearing soles but they have lasted longer the Altamas I've got.  Good grip too and a bit more ankle support than the Altamas.

Andrew,

I have two sets of the Desert Acadia - they are comfy and breathe well.

Bought.

I have had a Danner chit since 95.  I find the soles of the issue boots to hurt my back and knees, so I figured I was worth it...

I like those Danners. They look like a top Quality Boot. Already have a Vulcan sole too. So do you use the Danners instead of the Altama's? Which model? The Desert Model, or do you use other ones too, for General Duty?

In addtion to being a gun slut I am also a kit whore  ;D
I have a set of Ft Lewis that I got in 95, a set from 97.
A set of Acadias from 2001
a set of hitechs (I go through these once every 2 years or so)
2 sets of Danner Desert Acadia's.

Wearing black boots I regularily wear the Acadias - however whenever I can I wear the Desert/Tan ones - they are cooler (yet surposingly well insulated (I wore them in Jan in Wainwright  :eek:).

I dislike Gortex boots for once they get wet in the field they ar a bitch to dry out.

Hah Kt whore...I can see myself with a title like that down the line....
What do you use the different boots for?
Personally, I think Gore-Tex is the best thing since sliced bread....as long as you keep it dry on the inside.
If I were somewhere like the jungle, or a really wet temperate place, where my feet were getting wet all the time...I'd probably opt for a quick drying, non-Gore-Tecx boot, so they'd dry fast when I took them off.

Boots for dif climates/terrain and what we are doing.

I guess you needed to get a chit to wear those? I dunno about the RCR, but I doubt if they're as...leniant as the Patricia's. Even in terms as kit. Like those Multi-Mag clips? I dont think I'll be seeing them when I get into the RCR. (I'd imagine thats where they'll send me? I'm in the LFCA).  Are you guys required to have Scrim on your helmets? I think its an SOP for LFCA.

Scrim is gone - you can't use the PVS-14 MNVG with it - the mount and scrim are incompatible.

Boots - most guys get away with wearing other boots w/o a chit, as long as they are BLACK.  In the field no one cares Green/Tan/Brown etc.

Kit:  If you think you need it - submitt a request.  You woudl be surprised to see how many CO's will actually spend local purchase funds to get their troops kit.

Really?? The Scrim is gone? Must be taking awhile to get over here in LFCA, cause guys at NSCC still had them on. Maybe they were just too lazy to take it off? Couldn't youi just cut a hole in the scrim, where the mount for the MPVS is supposed to go? Or would that not work? (I've never seen them mounted on a CF Helmet before. Seen lots of Americans with them. Is it a new Mounting system?)

Andrew

ONLY THE REG FORCE INFANTRY have the MNVG.  The only 031's at NSCC where the R22eR (Vandoos) and me. 

Unfortunately the idea that SCRIM is dead and has been dead for a while has not expanded out very far.  95% of our operatiosn these days are in urban areas. 

Hmmm,

Third time trying to post this...

Well, for Andrew,

Here's a pic of MNVGs in use in Haiti.  Well, not actually in use, but you can see the mounts.  Some people like to wear them around their neck as well.

Wow, cool Pics. I haven't seen any pics from Haiti yet. I've seen footage of Griffins doing the rescue missions when they had that big natural distaster (I forget what it was, flood?).
Its about time we had a helmet mounted NVG System. Does it work like the American system? Where the flat mount stays on, and you can take the system on and off?
Whats all that stuff on buddy's helmet to the left? The Tube under the helmet band, and the Gun tape?
Thanks

Andrew

KevinB said:
Unfortunately the idea that SCRIM is dead and has been dead for a while has not expanded out very far.   95% of our operatiosn these days are in urban areas.  

Did you like the Scrim while it was still around? For use in the bush?

Glow stick.

Yes you can dismount it.  I believe that there is even a kit that allows it to be used as a weapon sight.  I've only used it a few times and never with the helmet mount.

I'll try to post some pics from Haiti tonight.

Yep we had a heck of a flood.

AmmoTech90 said:
Yes you can dismount it.   I believe that there is even a kit that allows it to be used as a weapon sight.   I've only used it a few times and never with the helmet mount.

What does the kit entail? Like a Night Sight that attaches to the Rifle? On the Rail? During 2003's NSCC, there was an EME Weapons Tech trialling the C7A2, and they had some nifty Infa-Red sight on it. You had to push your eye into the eye cup, to turn the sight on. Then it displayed White/Hot or Black/Hot. And had a cable running from it, to a monitor, so everyone else could watch. Might this be the same Sight we're talking about?

The MNVG is the PVS-14 - it is an American sight.

Views thru MNVG

tgt illuminated by PEQ-2A [set: low, aim]
DownloadAttach.asp

as wpn mount with EOTECH 552 HDS
DownloadAttach.asp

On C8CQB
DownloadAttach.asp

Helmet mount (left has bracket on, right has just the mount)

DownloadAttach.asp

Back