• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DMedPol Question

I'm eligible to be promoted but on my medical, I've been told my medical category is changing to G3 O3 and has to go to DMedPol.  If the recommendation is still within my occupational standards, can this hold me up?

tree hugger said:
I'm eligible to be promoted but on my medical, I've been told my medical category is changing to G3 O3 and has to go to DMedPol.  If the recommendation is still within my occupational standards, can this hold me up?

If a G3 O3 is still within your minimum occupation specs and there are no restrictions that would breach UoS, then you should be good to go.

But do I have to wait for the paperwork to come back?  I've tried looking for a reference that directly relates to this.  All I see is that they need the CF2033 to process the paperwork.  I don't think that doc gets finalized until DMedPol goes through it....

If anyone knows a way around this, it'd be a huge help.  I think I'm the longest serving ASLt/2LT in the CF and I'm now eligible to be promoted to Lt(N).  I feel like I'm so close, but so far away....

tree hugger said:
But do I have to wait for the paperwork to come back?  I've tried looking for a reference that directly relates to this.  All I see is that they need the CF2033 to process the paperwork.  I don't think that doc gets finalized until DMedPol goes through it....

If anyone knows a way around this, it'd be a huge help.  I think I'm the longest serving ASLt/2LT in the CF and I'm now eligible to be promoted to Lt(N).  I feel like I'm so close, but so far away....

Generally, promotion from 2Lt to Lt is initiated at the Unit Level, once all prerequisites have been met.  So they should provide you with some sort of Promotion Screening Form, which the Medical Part will be signed off by your local H Svcs provider.  There is no need to wait for anything to come back from DMedPol,  They merely review the Med Cat recommended by the B/W Surg and pretty much sign off on it.

DAA said:
Generally, promotion from 2Lt to Lt is initiated at the Unit Level, once all prerequisites have been met.  So they should provide you with some sort of Promotion Screening Form, which the Medical Part will be signed off by your local H Svcs provider.  There is no need to wait for anything to come back from DMedPol,  They merely review the Med Cat recommended by the B/W Surg and pretty much sign off on it.
The first part of DAA's post is correct. There will be a promotion "pro forma" that your local MO can sign off, essentially stating ghost you meet the minimum medical standards for your MOSID.

However, D Med Pol is not a rubber stamp - while your MO recommends a category, seconded by your Base/Wing Surgeon, it is D Med Pol that actually assigns the PCAT.  While they generally follow the recommended med cat, they can and have changed the PCAT assignment (either to more or less restrictive) that was recommended.

ArmyDoc said:
However, D Med Pol is not a rubber stamp - while your MO recommends a category, seconded by your Base/Wing Surgeon, it is D Med Pol that actually assigns the PCAT.  While they generally follow the recommended med cat, they can and have changed the PCAT assignment (either to more or less restrictive) that was recommended.

In some places this happens a lot.  Can't recall how many times we have had members come back in the last year telling us the doc said they were good to go, the chit indicated return full duties and then a few months later I receive the AR/Mel notice as they are outside specs or breach UoS.

I've been on a Class B for over 10 years. After 18 years in the infantry and 1 years as a Clk I put in for a CT in February 2013. My Med Cat was G3 where I needed G2 to be a Tfc Tech.

In November I asked for a change of Med Cat and got it signed off by my doctor. He noticed that I should never have been G3. Nonetheless I started my phase 1 and 2 from scratch. My file was sent to Ottawa where my broker needs to see my change of Med Cat in my MPRR before she can process my file for my transfer.

Now that the end of the Fiscal Year approaches and they're restructuring Reserve units and my CoC wants to know where my transfer stands. How long does a file diet a DMedPol? Is there a professional way if speeding up the process?

Beezer, your Base/Wing Surgeon can send an email to D Med Pol asking them to expedite your file review, since your CT is on hold until it is completed. Ask your doc to discuss with his/her BSurg.

Thanks for the info.

Before you posted that's exactly what the Sgt at the Base Clinic explained to me. He's been very helpful and promised to keep it at with his captain. After a year of waiting and sometimes bad news it was nice to see so understandng and support on their behalf.

Back