• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does the CADPAT fade in wash?

PteGDD

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's a very silly question, does our CADPATs fade alot in the wash?  I'm doing my BMQ now and I think it's time to wash them but dot hey need to be dry cleaned or what's the deal with them?  I want to keep myself looking good on the parade square.

The newer "airforce" style don't fade as bad as when the uniform first came out.  But they will fade with repeated washings, it happens to everyone so its not like you are going to get jacked up for it.

I think it's time to wash them

Exactly how long have you been wearing them without washing them? They can be washed but as any clothing they will fade with repeated washes!

If you are washing them personally, add a small amount of vinegar to the mix. It'll help keep the color from fading as fast.

Sigop2004 said:
Exactly how long have you been wearing them without washing them? They can be washed but as any clothing they will fade with repeated washes!

I was thinking the same. The post seems to imply that you've been wearing the same combats, for the entire duration of your BMQ, and not once washed them?!  :eek:

PteGDD said:
Here's a very silly question, does our CADPATs fade alot in the wash?

The first version, the ones with the buttons visible, faded fairly quickly.  The second version, with the buttons covered, do not fade very quickly.

PteGDD said:
I'm doing my BMQ now and I think it's time to wash them but dot hey need to be dry cleaned or what's the deal with them?

NO!  You do not Dry Clean them.  READ THE LABEL.  Follow the washing instructions on the Label.

PteGDD said:
I want to keep myself looking good on the parade square.

If you want to keep yourself 'looking good on parade' you will not wear dirty CADPAT.

lol No I started my BMQ recently as you can tell by my stupid questions.  You all went through the same thing, I have so many so you might see me around the forums a bit.  Anyhow, I was issued like 4 pairs of CADPATs so like I haven't even wore them all twice yet.  My BMQ does PT in civies, which I think is normal, but I have to include so you all don't think I'm the dirty kid.

PteG

From back when I did my BMQ and then IAP last summer, I folded 2 pairs of combats for display, kept one set in my ruck, and wore one pair that I washed every day.  Even with daily washings they won't fade all that much throughout your course.  More importantly, you don't want to be the 'stinky' guy in your platoon.  Not a good way to make buddies.  We had "that guy" in my platoon and his nickname actually ended up being "Stinky...bloggins". 

Your combats will fade in the wash, and trust me, once you're in your regiment (or whereever you end up), you won't want to be the guy with the bright shiny combats. 

Just some thoughts.

Does CADPAT fade in the wash?

Does the Pope crap in the woods?

nuff said

(I'm so helpful aren't I?)

Have found that a lot of the damage is done in the clothes dryer.
I usually hang dry my Cadpat and they're doing quite well..... that's after starting em off with the vinegar solution in the wash to "fix" the dye.

SweetNavyJustice said:
Your combats will fade in the wash, and trust me, once you're in your regiment (or whereever you end up), you won't want to be the guy with the bright shiny combats. 

Hey it is kind of fun being the guy with the shiny cadpat, but you got to have the faded slip-ons and name tapes to go with them.

"Does the Pope crap in the woods?"

- He probably does, or at least did, when he went hunting.

Trinity.... as an AA Gunner at the end of WW2, there is a possibility that he might have had to take care of business (in the woods that is)

that would be

DID the Pope poop in the woods?

The question was  DOES the Pope....

Sides, he wasn't the Pope then..
If you said Has the current pope ever.... then
you'd be closer to the truth.  ;)

On another note, how many uniforms are we entitled to? I used to think it was three, but seeing that some of you have more..

depends on if Reg or Res... Ive got 4
depends if you are issued TW or TW & AR

Scaddie said:
On another note, how many uniforms are we entitled to? I used to think it was three, but seeing that some of you have more..

Depends upon who/what/where you are.
TW Cadpat:
Reg & PRes Force (Army & Air Force): 3 pairs while in Canada. Naval DEU entitled to 3 pair when posted/employed in a posn which directly supports Air or Land Operations, with some exceptions of course for specificly tasked personnel at Naval posns.

Pers deploying/deployed on Ops (depending on which Op):
3 or 4 pair depending on Op. If your Op is entitled to be issued a 4th set, you are supposed to return your 4th set to clothing stores a maximum of 30 days after you return to Canada as you are no longer entitled to hold the 4th set.

Army CIC Officers: 2 sets

Air and Naval DEU CIC Officers: 2 sets on Temp issue only while employed at Cadet Summer Training facilities.

AR Cadpat:
3 or 4 sets dependant upon which Op you are deploying/deployed on. If not returned in-theatre; the onus is also on the member to return these AR cadpats to clothing stores within 30 days of his/her re-deployment to Canada.

You will notice that the only people who are entitled to more than 3 sets are those who are deployed or who are tasked to deploy in the near future.  As per working group I attended on Op Clothing 2 weeks ago, it was suggested  by us that entitlement qtys for TW cadpat be raised, but that has still not been approved as policy.

So I am wondering exactly why a BMQ candidate has been issued 4 sets, at least one set of which he isn't entitled to. Come to think of it, I'm also wondering how a BMQ candidate in week one is able to be on the internet when it took me to week 3 in Cornwallis before I was even entitled to buy a coke out of the vending machine.  :mad:
    Times have certainly changed. Based on that, I'm going to wager (because I can't tell by your profile) that you are undergoing a Res Force BMQ on weekends perhaps (and thus at home during the week with access to a computer), and that your BMQ is occuring at a 'remote location' therefore garnering your BMQ an exception to the qty 3 entitlement for cadpat. Am I close?  :)

armyvern said:
Depends upon who/what/where you are.
TW Cadpat:
Reg & PRes Force (Army & Air Force): 3 pairs while in Canada. Naval DEU entitled to 3 pair when posted/employed in a posn which directly supports Air or Land Operations, with some exceptions of course for specificly tasked personnel at Naval posns.

Pers deploying/deployed on Ops (depending on which Op):
3 or 4 pair depending on Op. If your Op is entitled to be issued a 4th set, you are supposed to return your 4th set to clothing stores a maximum of 30 days after you return to Canada as you are no longer entitled to hold the 4th set.

Funny.... they haven't called me for my 4th set? (Shhhhh!)

Back