• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

END of an ERA (the wedge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fireman1867 said:
What happens if you are in your flying suit wearing a CADPAT jacket? Wedge or no Wedge?
The Wedge, I've seen  :-\  is worn with the CADPAT jacket and rain jacket by flightcrew.  However headdress should be removed on the flight line/ramp except for ball hats {?}.

???

Journeyman said:
I can only assume you're not talking about flying suit with tan beret   ;)

Should of been more specific. I was refering to the blue beret. Nothing wrong with the Tan or Orange

In some perverse kind of way, I'm almost sad to see the Wedge prohibited from wear with CADPAT by policy...it actually allowed me to judge non-aviator AF personnel in a millisecond -- nothing said you shouldn't, but anyone who did......well....they immediately were placed on my mental list of "one of those".  ;D

I'm quite happy with the choices that regulations and good personal taste permit....1) beret/toque/WBCH/helmet for all operational gear, 2) forage cap for DEUs...

G2G

Good2Golf said:
I'm quite happy with the choices that regulations and good personal taste permit....1) beret/toque/WBCH/helmet for all operational gear, 2) forage cap for DEUs...

G2G

:fifty:

We are getting off topic here
Why would you wear the cadpat jacket with the flying suit?

Very common where I come from (parka and rain gear).  From what I understand, if you're wearing any Cadpat you can't sport your wedge.  My personal solution is to never own any Cadpat, though I might be interested if they made a blue Cadpat... and you'd have to wear it with a wedge, no berets allowed.

A beret with a flight suit is like a jean jacket over a shirt and tie.  Sure you can do it, but why would you want to?  

The only people that I've ever found that liked the blue flightsuits were the enemy force on the Advanced SERE course.

The dogs didn't care...they're colour blind.  ;D

Dirt Digger said:
The only people that I've ever found that liked the blue flightsuits were the enemy force on the Advanced SERE course.

And the numpty/ies who spawned them, and the last CDS.

C1Dirty said:
A beret with a flight suit is like a jean jacket over a shirt and tie.  Sure you can do it, but why would you want to?  

Because I absolutely despise the wedge.

Proud Canadian said:
Should of been more specific. I was refering to the blue beret. Nothing wrong with the Tan or Orange

Come in Winnipeg in -40 weather and wear the Winter Jacket (Flyers).  Tell me what you think about the idea of wearing the CADPAT parka after that...

Max

SupersonicMax said:
Come in Winnipeg in -40 weather and wear the Winter Jacket (Flyers).  Tell me what you think about the idea of wearing the CADPAT parka after that...
It doesn't even have to be that cold. Either I get one with correct-length sleeves that barely comes down to my navel or one with a decent body length and chimpanzee-length sleeves. Getting rid of the fur collar was a good thing, but the torso should have been lengthened as well.

Loachman said:
It doesn't even have to be that cold. Either I get one with correct-length sleeves that barely comes down to my navel or one with a decent body length and chimpanzee-length sleeves. Getting rid of the fur collar was a good thing, but the torso should have been lengthened as well.

But of course, LM, you know it's because we have to cater to that jacket making it out of an F-18 without turning into a 600mph, 3' parachute.... *sigh*

G2G

Making it as long as the summer jacket would cure the problem. In fact, ditch the winter one completely and make a zip-in liner for the summer jacket. I gave up on the winter one for many years and used a couple of cut-up wool shirts under the summer one and stayed just as warm and avoided the bulk and ickiness (when wet from rain or snow) of the fur collar.

I also used to wear the old thin rainjacket in my Kiowa, especially before they added the rain gutters and finally stopped the leaks.

Proud Canadian said:
We are getting off topic here
Why would you wear the cadpat jacket with the flying suit?  That is why we are issued flyer jackets. (Then again we have those that love to mix and match)
If you are wearing the flying suit then it's the wedge.  The beret with the flying suit looks like crap IMO.
unless its raining then you wear your cadpat rain gear.

CADPAT and wedge, always looked goofy.  Flt suit and beret is not too bad.  When I was down in Tinker AFB on exchange we'd wear our beret with flt suit.  With our darkened sqn patches and the beret the Americans thought we were AF SOF types.... ;D

I was led to believe that the flt suit/beret combo was for Tachel/Seaking crews only, does anyone know if this is true???

peaches said:
I was led to believe that the flt suit/beret combo was for Tachel/Seaking crews only, does anyone know if this is true???

No, it isnt

This may sound picky, but Tac Hel is two separate abbreviations rather than one word. Sea King is also two words.

Loachman said:
This may sound picky, but Tac Hel is two separate abbreviations rather than one word. Sea King is also two words.

I thought it was Tac Hell!! ha ha  >:D

Only one "l" on the first "Hel(l)": "There's no Hell like Tac Hel".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back