• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Expedited Reserve Enrollment (ERE) process [Merged]

Finally got a hold of a recruiter, via LinkedIn of all places! He told me that currently there are 3 or 4 recruiters dealing with over 1000 applications, hence the delay. He then gave me an update on my file: It took longer than usual to get my security papers through because I'm a dual citizen, but they're cleared now, and soon my file will be "sent to Ottawa". Also, I should expect to hear back from them in August. He hopes to get me enrolled before November, when my medical expires.

Thought I should share with everyone so you know what's causing the delay. They seem to be short-staffed for the summer.

ACE_Engineer said:
Finally got a hold of a recruiter, via LinkedIn of all places! He told me that currently there are 3 or 4 recruiters dealing with over 1000 applications, hence the delay. He then gave me an update on my file: It took longer than usual to get my security papers through because I'm a dual citizen, but they're cleared now, and soon my file will be "sent to Ottawa". Also, I should expect to hear back from them in August. He hopes to get me enrolled before November, when my medical expires.

Thought I should share with everyone so you know what's causing the delay. They seem to be short-staffed for the summer.

I'm wondering what's your timeline, how long it takes to get the security clearance etc because I might be in the same position..cheers

I completed everything on my end in November of last year. CFAT, medical, physical, officer review board, paperwork, etc. So its been 7-8 months from then.

ACE_Engineer said:
Finally got a hold of a recruiter, via LinkedIn of all places! He told me that currently there are 3 or 4 recruiters dealing with over 1000 applications, hence the delay.

FYI... this is ridiculous.

That is all ;0

Please keep in mind with Reserve Recruiting that during the summer most of the recruiters are not at their units or their own homes.  In most cases Reserve Unit Recruiters are sent away to various locations to teach on Basic Training.  This makes it so that they aren't answering their phones, emails, etc. Please be patient with your Reserve Recruiters (and yes sometimes you'll be able to get in touch with them via other social media; almost all recruiters are on LinkedIn).

Buck_HRA said:
Please keep in mind with Reserve Recruiting that during the summer most of the recruiters are not at their units or their own homes.  In most cases Reserve Unit Recruiters are sent away to various locations to teach on Basic Training.  This makes it so that they aren't answering their phones, emails, etc. Please be patient with your Reserve Recruiters (and yes sometimes you'll be able to get in touch with them via other social media; almost all recruiters are on LinkedIn).
Yes. This is correct. Most of us unit recruiters can be reached via social media. We don’t always have regular access to our Forces accounts nor are  we at our offices as much during the summer. One could also call the unit OR and the day staff should be able to put you in contact with a unit recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back