• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favorite Issued Kit

Bivvy bag, the leather DEU gloves, the new toques, I still quite like the GP and Gortex boots they were issuing a decade ago (always fit my feet fine and I am still using them). Those zip up Naval boots were also pretty solid for emergency stations.

Bivvy bag, the leather DEU gloves, the new toques, I still quite like the GP and Gortex boots they were issuing a decade ago (always fit my feet fine and I am still using them). Those zip up Naval boots were also pretty solid for emergency stations.
The GP and Gortex boots could have substituted for concrete blocks in the Mafia movies ๐Ÿ˜

The GP and Gortex boots could have substituted for concrete blocks in the Mafia movies ๐Ÿ˜
Boots that need to be modified after issue - the soles were hard rubber, froze solid in winter therefore it was guaranteed the wearer would end up on his or her ass. Sometimes injuring themselves. Horrible boots.

I've got a couple of personal favourites that haven't yet been mentioned.

1. The current (Old?) NCD Jacket. It's the perfect fall/spring/Victoria winter jacket, and great when the AC is working a little too well on the mids. It's one of the few jackets issued to me over the years I actually enjoy wearing.
Current-RCN-NCO-NCDs.jpg

2. The current issue navy wind and rain jacket. Which pairs nicely with the NCD jacket to work in cold weather or goes with 3B so I don't have to buy an ugly Canex jacket.

Which pairs nicely with the NCD jacket to work in cold weather or goes with 3B so I don't have to buy an ugly Canex jacket.
I mean, fashion is fleeting and all that but I see bomber jackets that look just like the RCAF/RCN Canex jackets being worn by the younger generation in cities.

I mean, fashion is fleeting and all that but I see bomber jackets that look just like the RCAF/RCN Canex jackets being worn by the younger generation in cities.
Yeah, they can have them and their other 80s fashion trends as well. I lived it once...

The heavy-weight Airforce ones are wool. Theyโ€™re way too thick to wear in the plane but great for non-CAF stuff.

40% in the outer layer; these are pretty super underwear IMO for govt issue.

I keep 2 pair in my B25, I recycle my โ€œold and usedโ€ ones for โ€œmisc activitiesโ€ that could include cutting trees on my property, hunting, ice fishing and other โ€œadventure trainingโ€ uses.

I usually have the convo on entitlement to 4 of each of light/heavy weight thru the 2 different SOIs as this time of year, thereโ€™s usually a new person at the front counter. ๐Ÿ™‚

The winter wool shirts.

itchy GIF

I like the new issues CADPAT ranger blanket/poncho liner. Pack that with an issued bivy bag and youโ€™ve got a decent start on cold weather lightweight emerg shelter when you toss a tarp in with it.

Meant to sit in an armoured vehicle, without heat, at well below zero. With the overalls it was too hot to move around in.๐Ÿ˜‰
We had them as a tracked battery. I found the coveralls perfect for siting for hours on end in an OP in a snowbank slinging bricks of HE at distant snowy hills. The jacket wasn't good enough for that but the coveralls and a parka and mukluks did quite well.

๐Ÿป

Reactions: ueo
Back