• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Peaceful protests in the morning, beautiful
Trucks being towed now. Most protesters surrendering when police arrest them. This will be a few days to get it all that. Plus I’m sure the big snow fall isn’t helping. Some trucks tried to leave but were stuck.

Meanwhile a "mostly peacefully demonstration" in Northern BC

I wonder if the bank accounts of those "directly or indirectly" connected to this mostly peaceful demonstration will also be targeted... or nah

And now the Freedumb convoy enters Phase 2: '.... and find out'.

They really should have just declared victory last week and gone home when the announcements about the mandates being eased started to come out (from the provinces)

Now the people who were complaining that they had to quarantine if they came back from a country that wouldn't let them in anyway might potentially lose their license and trucks all together in time for things to start to get back to 'normal'. They might not be able to cross any other national border for a long time anyway but at least they won't have to face the oppressive tyranny of a cloth face mask, which is obviously a huge problem when you are a big tuff manly man.

And now the Freedumb convoy enters Phase 2: '.... and find out'.

They really should have just declared victory last week and gone home when the announcements about the mandates being eased started to come out (from the provinces)

Now the people who were complaining that they had to quarantine if they came back from a country that wouldn't let them in anyway might potentially lose their license and trucks all together in time for things to start to get back to 'normal'. They might not be able to cross any other national border for a long time anyway but at least they won't have to face the oppressive tyranny of a cloth face mask, which is obviously a huge problem when you are a big tuff manly man.

When people use the term "freedumb" it really degrades their argument. You can disagree with the protest, but one should never trivialize freedom.

Or, maybe he's trying to run out the clock so the motion dies.
I thought the obligation was to ‘start’ debating within 7 days. Is there a timeframe on when the debate needs to be completed?

I thought the obligation was to ‘start’ debating within 7 days. Is there a timeframe on when the debate needs to be completed?
I think the motion has to be tabled and passed in 7 days. The 7 days allows for debate on the motion. Again, I might be wrong.

I’d just like a license plate that doesn’t shed like a snake…
Do you have a cover on it? Anecdotally the ones in the neighborhood with covers encasing them are all crumbling, though there’s a handful doing the same without.

Or, maybe he's trying to run out the clock so the motion dies.
s.58(1) let’s him play semantics as it is seven sitting days within which he must put the motion to the House of Commons and the Senate.

s.58(2) requires a summons of the Houses within seven days (unspecified), however, if not sitting, which is actually more restrictive and requires Monday 21st as the day that the motion to both Houses must be put.

The only ‘legal’ way he can wiggle is to prorogue or dissolve Govermnent, which then would require Parliament to be summoned “at the earliest opportunity after the declaration is issued.”

Then the discussion becomes ‘when is the earliest opportunity?’

Or get a ticket for it shedding.
O/T

I’ve actually had both OPS and OPP tell me that so long as they can see a valid sticker, they’re okay with the white and blue salad on my bumper.

Do you have a cover on it? Anecdotally the ones in the neighborhood with covers encasing them are all crumbling, though there’s a handful doing the same without.

Edit : Nope. Never done that. My front isn’t as bad as the back for some reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Orders of magnitude different.
I don't know - I've been told "it's just words - grow a thicker skin" by people who happen to disagree with the use of different words than I do, so I see it as all in the eye of the beholder.

O/T

I’ve actually had both OPS and OPP tell me that so long as they can see a valid sticker, they’re okay with the white and blue salad on my bumper.

Edit : Nope. Never done that. My front isn’t as bad as the back for some reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Same with my last set of plates.

Back