• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

3C4115A1-17C1-45AE-B066-B0388A7952D2.jpeg

You mis-quoted me. I did not say that.

The link points to my Trudeau ‘just watch me’ post.

Thanks, I was going off all the stuff I remember reading yesterday. Maybe I remembered seeing it on a pro convoy site, hence my confusion. That and I'm pushing 70 and sometime the synapses decide to have a mad minute.😉 It all gets jumbled together after awhile.
There's a lot out there to get jumbled on this, so you're not alone.

I was happy to see Candice Malcolm take a swing at this. I know Evan Balgord contributed to a fund to find this person, just not sure if it's a part of the same effort. I actually hope that it is.

Thankfully this thing is finally dying down a bit. An apology to anyone who read my lack-of-sleep on the ground early reports of this thing for any aggression, a bit hard not to be unbiased with constant TRAIN horns blasting that they mounted on some of these trucks. I'm not at all surprised by all the negative coverage as it is consistent with what I personally saw on the ground.

On that note, it appears this "protest" just finished off O'Toole;

This comes as no surprise to me personally. I had a feeling as soon as the protest started that he had made a very big mistake.

Last edited:
Maybe Bruce MacKinnon can update his editorial cartoon to show the bus having crashed into the ditch and on fire?
Bruce_09_04_2021_RGB.jpg

constant TRAIN horns blasting that they mounted on some of these trucks.

Looks like a few inserted pylon cones, presumably to amplify a bit.

At least no Jake brakes. :)

Looks like a few inserted pylon cones, presumably to amplify a bit.
No, they’re train horns all right. It’s a thing, usually on pick-me-up trucks on 35” mudders.

The Nathan K5LA seems to be a favourite.

Looks like a few charges have been made.

Police said today they charged a 48-year-old man from Quebec with uttering threats and counselling to commit an indictable offence. The charges relate to threats and comments made on social media while in Ottawa, police said.

Andre Lacasse, 37, was charged on Sunday with carrying a weapon to a public meeting, while Matthew Dorken, 29, was charged Tuesday with mischief under $5,000.

Back