• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FSA (Fin) positions / courses / training

kratz

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
With the split of RMS Clk back to HRA Clk and Fin Clk, there will be transition time between the formats.

I’m old school, as an ex-841. As posted on this site, the new split has different duties than when I was a Fin Clk.

During the lead – up to October 2016, there will be a need for a  Fin Clk thread for clerks to ask questions.

I agree that a Fin Clk thread is a really good idea considering that most ex-fin with any real experience left leaving a large void in both experience and knowledge.  I see a value in members having the chance to pick the brains of those still around before they retire for possible solutions to "new/old" problems.  Not that every solution will be valid today but it may set them on the right track.

Anyone hear an update on when members will be notified of their trade placement?

All of my members have already been told.

Also, it's Fin Analyst, and HR Analyst. We're supposed to stop using the term "Clerk"... fat chance...

However, I've also been told that by Oct 1st we are also supposed to have started employing our RMC Clerks in their new trades, giving each responsibilities and tasks particular to each trade; however, I have yet to receive, see, or been explained what each trade is supposed to be responsible for.

Job descriptions can be found here, you were supposed to be provided them in order to make your selection:

http://strategic.mil.ca/sites/intranet-eng.aspx?page=18162

and it is Administrator

CountDC said:
Job descriptions can be found here, you were supposed to be provided them in order to make your selection:

http://strategic.mil.ca/sites/intranet-eng.aspx?page=18162

and it is Administrator

Odd, I was told it was analyst...

Lumber said:
Odd, I was told it was analyst...

But with that title the chances are great that it will be shortened (even if unofficially) to Fin Anal and HR Anal.  :nod:

Why the change in title?  More important duties requiring more specialized skills?  Or merely to make people feel better about themselve?

SupersonicMax said:
Why the change in title?  More important duties requiring more specialized skills?  Or merely to make people feel better about themselve?

Looks better on a resume.  I'd rather see more focus on removing some of the redundancy and, being honest, attitudes, I've witnessed from people in this branch.  At least where I'm posted, there is a fair amount of 'special snowflake syndrome'.  You're part of the 'supporting ops' group, so support ops.  The dog wags the tail, not the other way around.  I've never seen stupid rules like some of the ones that have been passed on recently about SOR/WOR stuff.

:2c:

However, I remember the days of the split Admin/Fin and recall that things were better then, dealing with a OR and Pay Office.  Will it be similar, when all is said and done?  Our C Clk was part of the QSWB (or one of them) which was several months long, IIRC, this past spring/early summer.  She was hopeful it would improve things to change back.

I just wonder what these "analysts" are going to "analyze"?  Do we need someone to actually analyze our pay, or someone to actually do the clerical "accounting" to ensure our pay is correct?  Do we need people to tell us the "hypothetically" what our three COA's on Pay Day are; or someone to tell us what exactly we will be having deposited into our Bank Accounts? 

Let's call a Spade a Spade and not something it is not.

Eye In The Sky said:
I've never seen stupid rules like some of the ones that have been passed on recently about SOR/WOR stuff.

:2c:

Any chance you can share some of these (PM even), so I can stop them from evolving in my OR?

George Wallace said:
I just wonder what these "analysts" are going to "analyze"?  Do we need someone to actually analyze our pay, or someone to actually do the clerical "accounting" to ensure our pay is correct?  Do we need people to tell us the "hypothetically" what our three COA's on Pay Day are; or someone to tell us what exactly we will be having deposited into our Bank Accounts? 

Let's call a Spade a Spade and not something it is not.
Why are you fussing over the word "analyst" when five posts before there was clarification that "analyst" is not used in the new occupation titles?

Eye In The Sky said:
PM aka 'rant' sent.  :D

And what a rant! Much appreciated. I'll reply later when I'm at a desktop. There too much to type out on my phone!

Lumber said:
And what a rant! Much appreciated. I'll reply later when I'm at a desktop. There too much to type out on my phone!

Oh...that just just the intro.  Part I, Chap 1 is on progress.  ;)

Looks like I am slated to be a Financial Services Administrator. 

SupersonicMax said:

Attachments

• 1225z3.jpg
    1225z3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 515
rumour mill

supposedly there will be a delta course for the Fin at the RQ Sgt level.  Waiting to see.

CountDC said:
rumour mill

supposedly there will be a delta course for the Fin at the RQ Sgt level.  Waiting to see.
I'm not sure it's a rumor.  Last year, prior to making our selection, we had a briefing from the people planning this split and they said then that there would be delta training for those who choose Fin.

Lumber said:
All of my members have already been told.

Also, it's Fin Analyst, and HR Analyst. We're supposed to stop using the term "Clerk"... fat chance...

However, I've also been told that by Oct 1st we are also supposed to have started employing our RMC Clerks in their new trades, giving each responsibilities and tasks particular to each trade; however, I have yet to receive, see, or been explained what each trade is supposed to be responsible for.
Where your mbr's just recently told?  I've been on annual leave for the last 1 1/2 weeks. Also, do you know what's going to happen with people who are the only clerk in a unit that requires Fin and Admin?

Back