• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Going to 3 RCR on the 21st, Ordered a custom CADPAT Vest.............

Pte Snow

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just finishing Battle school.  ;D  I have about three days of training left as it stands.. I'm pretty excited. Ive been wondering for a while about custom kit such as tac vests. I have been reading the various posts as well.  I purchased a custom cadpat tac vest. I'm thinking now i should have asked about this before buying. But does anyone know if I will have issues wearing this at battalion, specifically 3 RCR?

Should have asked first, you'll probably take some flak if you show up on your first day with it. Just my opinion.

You probably will not be able to wear it at 3 RCR, but don't throw it out just yet.  You never know what could happen.

I will offer you $25..00 Canadian for it...shipping included.  I will pay via paypal.

dileas

tess

should have used that money to buy beer at the new guy party instead.
Greg

Yeoman said:
should have used that money to buy beer at the new guy party instead.
Greg

hehehe, that's why I offered 25 bucks, will get you a case of laker for the barracks entry fee...

dileas

tes

I guess he knows by now that he should have spent the money on beer...

Hows that vest look hanging in your closet collecting dust?

1) take up airsoft

or

2) sell on ebay

Don't let this mistake temper your enthusiam.  Stay pumped.. enjoy the ride!

Simple test.

Place new chest rig in your follow up kit, wait until first exercise.

Once you are well into said exercise, look around. If a great number of other troops accross the spectrum of ranks are wearing non issue rigs, it's a pretty good chance that you can too. By the same hat, if you see only issued kit, send me a pic of this thing and how much you want for it.

Just remember, it is always easier to ask forgiveness rather than permission.  ;)

GO!!! said:
Just remember, it is always easier to ask forgiveness rather than permission.  ;)

Yeah, cause that works real well at a courts martial.  ;)

Its a fun saying... not always correct!

Trinity said:
Yeah, cause that works real well at a courts martial.  ;)

Its a fun saying... not always correct!

I've never heard of anyone tried at court martial for a dress violation.

Worst case scenario - he gets a sound jacking and is ordered back into the TV.

Best case - he gets to wear it.

Either way, question answered.

GO he is coming to the "Anal" Regiment, such things as good kit get squashed with such answers as in my Regiment we will all look alike no matter is that kit is junk or not.

I love my Regiment but things need to change!

GO!!! said:
Simple test.

Place new chest rig in your follow up kit, wait until first exercise.

Once you are well into said exercise, look around. If a great number of other troops across the spectrum of ranks are wearing non issue rigs, it's a pretty good chance that you can too. By the same hat, if you see only issued kit, send me a pic of this thing and how much you want for it.

Here is a better idea...don't. You will not be allowed to wear it in 3 RCR.

GO!!! said:
Worst case scenario - he gets a sound jacking and is ordered back into the TV.

Or he get charged, and gets extra training and loses his weekends for a month...That has happened for a dress violation in the RCR.

I think if he reads this, he will figure out he will not be able to wear it at work. Heck, those "special" guys here are running around in the standard issued TVs...if they are not allowed off the shelf kit, do you think the guys in the Bns are?

Armymedic said:
I think if he reads this, he will figure out he will not be able to wear it at work. Heck, those "special" guys here are running around in the standard issued TVs...if they are not allowed off the shelf kit, do you think the guys in the Bns are?

You might want to look a bit closer - those TVs are.... modified.

Guess it depends which Bn.

GO!!! said:
You might want to look a bit closer - those TVs are.... modified.

Guess it depends which Bn.

Guess again. and,
the Bns in Petawawa, where he works.

Is it such a hard concept for you to get your head around that somewhere in this army, soldiers (and senior ones at that) still equate good parade discipline like, standing up straight, being well turned out, and looking the same as everyone else, as signs of being a good soldier?

I have seen some of the kit the Ski Team use and although it was in CADPAT it was not the standard crap we use.  I will ask a few I know if they use the issued stuff not that you care but now that I think of it I am interested.

Looking the same is great.  I guess more important to look the same then to get your grenades out quicker or reload your mags cause you can only carry 5 loaded with out a lot of fuss.

Armymedic said:
Is it such a hard concept for you to get your head around that somewhere in this army, soldiers (and senior ones at that) still equate good parade discipline like, standing up straight, being well turned out, and looking the same as everyone else, as signs of being a good soldier?
ah, yes. The parade ground mentality that says you will use whatever garbage the army gives you, no matter how lousy it may be, because looking like a soldier is better than being effective as a soldier.

Haircuts mean battlefield efficiency. Properly shined boots means you can kill the enemy quicker.

Anyway, New Guy, you can't wear your fancy kit in 3 Chicken. Sell it, and try to get some of your money back.

I never understood this one.

Recently the argument was made to me that in a PSO it is imperative to look professional. If we're all dressed alike, then it gives a good impression of Canadians and supports our cause. But I don't buy that for a second. All the parade ground dress regulations in the world don't save you from bullets and IEDs, and as soon as guys start getting wacked because they can't draw their mags fast enough any bit of professionalism the locals thought we had just went out the window.

They talk about the "new way wars are won", "asymetirc warfare", and "the 3 block war". Really what alot of that stuff boils down to is the fact that the decisions a pte/cpl makes on the ground could have far-reaching consequences. When it comes to winning hearts and minds, a wrong move at the lowest levels could be a disaster. Its a big responsibility placed on the lowest rank levels.... but the army doesn't trust us to dress ourselves? I'm qualified to use all nasty sorts of ways to kill people, and I'm trusted to only use these skills legally. But I'm not qualified to look at a piece of kit and say "ya know what? That one works better. It's going to help me do my job because what was issued me was designed by some colonel-in-charge-of-pencils who's looking for a good vest for the PWT3".

Gimme a break.

Back